Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you suggesting we haven't suffered with injuries this season or that Liverpool have had as many injures as us to key players?

I am suggesting that even without one single injury this season, I doubt, massively, that we would be chasing the title.

I am also suggesting that while Liverpool have not had as many as us, they have still had periods without Sturridge and Suarez and continued to battle on. Players that some claim they would be nothing without.

Yep and bloody half of them are injured, what is with us and injuries, not just this season but the past 20, do we just have a shit medical team, we are always at the top or near the top of the injury list in the Prem.

We were shit from day one, with a full squad....but people were too busy lauding our points tally, and being blinded by AVBs pretty face to see that there were severe problems in our game, that set the tone for the entire season.

Thats my point. Its not injuries that have hampered our title hopes. Its clueless management and zero belief/confidence within the squad.

And the players take no responsibility for the shit that they dished up??
In an ideal world, of course.
However, I do believe ultimately it is the manager who is responsible.

Its his job to keep the players on board, galvanise the squad, set them up to best perform...

In an ideal world, of course.
However, I do believe ultimately it is the manager who is responsible.

Its his job to keep the players on board, galvanise the squad, set them up to best perform...
In a real world those that don't perform get sacked, this is why our game and league is so fucking ballsed up

In a real world those that don't perform get sacked, this is why our game and league is so fucking ballsed up

It is what it is. The manager is, IMO, the most important person at the club (on the footballing side at least) and is ultimately responsible.

Its his job to get things "right", and when they arent its his neck on the block.

Thing is, these days, its not just about setting a team up. Its about keeping Divas happy, emotional support, pandering... as well as all the rest. Its shit, but thats the job.

And ultimately its much more cost efficient to bin the manager and get one who can work with your squad than bin the squad and rebuild for the manager.

If Holland go out in the groups do we even want him!? :adewtf:
Of course. He'll have been distracted by reading the dossier on each of our players.

Incidentally, I get the sense that LVG doesn't particularly care about money in the abstract sense. That's not to say that he'd work for free, but he apparently lives rather simply considering his value. So I don't think a larger wage packet would sway him. It's about legacy.

I like to imagine that legacy-minded people would not go to a club that has suffered a one-year blip (Man U), but would rather want to take a good foundation and make it reach the next level. Then again, I thought that Bale's ego would let him stay at Spurs and become its talisman, instead of fading into obscurity among galacticos at Madrid. Who knew that he'd be a blinding light even there…

It is what it is. The manager is, IMO, the most important person at the club (on the footballing side at least) and is ultimately responsible.
If cunt players undermine you, refuse to perform and downright disrespect the club - how exactly is that the manager's fault?

Its his job to get things "right", and when they arent its his neck on the block.

Thing is, these days, its not just about setting a team up. Its about keeping Divas happy, emotional support, pandering... as well as all the rest. Its shit, but thats the job.

And ultimately its much more cost efficient to bin the manager and get one who can work with your squad than bin the squad and rebuild for the manager.
That is why these useless pricks they call professional football players need to be made more accountable. 'It is what it is " is a bloody cop out. Start fining them big money: pay performance based and then see if they can really play. They treat the fans like shit and have no bloody loyalty to their clubs.

That is why these useless pricks they call professional football players need to be made more accountable. 'It is what it is " is a bloody cop out. Start fining them big money: pay performance based and then see if they can really play. They treat the fans like shit and have no bloody loyalty to their clubs.

Its not my preference! Its just the way football is these days, pretty much the world over.
IMO it needs to fall down to its knees before anything like that will really change, sad really.

Point is though its the managers job to make sure everyone is pulling in the same direction, if he cant do that then he is the one who goes, it is his responsibility.

Shame really, can't disagree with Roy Keane's views that United's players should be ashamed, the diva's without the iron fist of Fergie did what they liked and Moyes was not powerful enough to deal with the situation, wahtever Moyes tactics, the Man United players look disinterested and quite frankly that is there fault, I have a manager at work, if something big comes up and he's off I don't need him to give a pep talk I get on it and work my arse off, they are paid stupid amounts of money and have all day to train. Scott Parker to me is how a footballer should be on the pitch, 110% every game.

The more I look at out sqaud the more I just wished a cunt like LvG would come instead of going to United, to be frank if Verts and whoever want to leave as long as we get a good price they can fuck off for all I care, all of them shown up this season by kids like Kane and bentaleb for who they really are.

We need not just a new manager but also a clear out, our sqaud is bloated, sell 5-6 players buy 2-3 one's we really need like Bony or Lukaku or both.

Well you can forget loyalty for a start...football is too short and unpredictable to have any loyalty attached to it. Footballers do need to be held more accountable though, it's too easy for them to "not have their head in the right place" or some other shit excuse. While I have often stated that it's easy to be unable to get yourself gee'd up for a manager you have no respect for, or to do a job for a company you really don't want to be with regardless of the amount of money you earn, because and the end of the day they are only human, these factors coupled with the fact players are not always on top form either...you must wonder how their excessive wages can be justified. When a player is on top form, giving it their all and every other positive,their wages are still far from justifiable. When they're moping around with faces like a slapped arse and waiting for their manager to pull them out of it because they are too immature / inept to do it themselves, you start to wonder why they are even puling in more than a guy on JSA.

10176012_10152332339524914_6668369916792071787_n.png

Its not my preference! Its just the way football is these days, pretty much the world over.
IMO it needs to fall down to its knees before anything like that will really change, sad really.

Point is though its the managers job to make sure everyone is pulling in the same direction, if he cant do that then he is the one who goes, it is his responsibility.
At the risk of entering another yawn factor debate, but its relevant to this part of the thread, for all of his faults Redknapps biggest asset was his man management skill. He had the club on the rise straight away, without changes in the staff, and arguably the performances took a huge dip when it seemed to all that he was probably going to leave for the England job. Such is the impact of a charismatic leader. All of the quotes coming out of the club were from players lauding his ability to get the best out of them.
His drawbacks, as have been pointed out ad nauseum, were what led to his demise.
Anyone who manages, is employed for their ability to get the best out of their staff, by employing them in best fit positions to their skillset, and motivating them to do that job at the highest level, irrespective of its repetitive nature. To galvanise the workforce to work as a unit, enjoy the camaraderie of their co-workers and feel a part of the unit success are all factors that separate the poor from the great.
If the group loses those key components in their head, then the unit suffers due to a drop in effort, ambition and loss of emotional "buy-in" to the cause.
I doubt whether the needs of the shareholders ever becomes a factor in the eyes of the employees.

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper I always thought Redknapp was a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde in this respect. Seemed to have an inner circle who were more than happy, but completely shunned others inexplicably. This was a downfall IMO, as it meant later in the season when the squad needs to be used he was calling on outcasts who were disillusioned and out of shape.
Cant argue though, he is the best "Manager" (in the purer sense of the word) we have had in a very long time. Ill always maintain he could and should have done better but undeniably he had more of a handle on getting a group pulling in the right direction, motivated and so on that anyone else in the PL era.

The way non liverpool fans are justifying liverpool success, they make it seem easy.

You telling all we have to do to win the league next year is try and get knocked out all the competitions as early as possible, thus we will have more rest and less injuries. How the F*ck haven't teams figured this out, its just easy.

Back
Top Bottom