Loïc Rémy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
jason+roberts+reading.jpg

I think that's the only type of Reading he's familiar with

{awaiting impending 'cross thread butthurt' jibe... 5 .... 4.... 3..... 2.....}

I don't think there's to much in separating them currently tbh. Welbecks footwork and tekkers have impressed me of late too. If we get a new striker though one of our current lot has to go.

I stated it of course a few times in the Ade thread, but I think it's no coincidence we've been connected with so many strikers already (including confirmation from one of their agents) and the timing lines up directly with a certain fella's wage hike...

I stated it of course a few times in the Ade thread, but I think it's no coincidence we've been connected with so many strikers already (including confirmation from one of their agents) and the timing lines up directly with a certain fella's wage hike...

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting him out the door before the season starts as the AVB stories massively rubbed me the wrong way. Good player but just way to much baggage for my liking.

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting him out the door before the season starts as the AVB stories massively rubbed me the wrong way. Good player but just way to much baggage for my liking.

I think the Monaco rumors are rather genuine honestly. The first word of it came from the same ITK snipped which said Poch was the favorite from early on, and it makes sense for all parties involved.

Oh come now he's not that bad, but I do think there are far better options available for the price. Remy at the release clause he's rumored to have is simply a fuckin steal. He should've been at Spurs winter 2013 and we likely would've been in the CL this year, and so I'd love to see us rectify that mistake.
Welbeck will be at a bottom half team soon imo.

When I see Remy, I see a little bit of Defoe. Considering that Defoe rarely was a guaranteed first team player, you'd hope that Remy could take sitting on the bench.

When I see Remy, I see a little bit of Defoe. Considering that Defoe rarely was a guaranteed first team player, you'd hope that Remy could take sitting on the bench.

Have to say mate, I don't see that comparison at all. Very different styles of play by my take, namely the biggest difference that Remy checks to and interacts with the midfielders far more often than Defoe ever did. I swear Defoe has an innate magnet to the opposing box, as he hates being far away from it.

Have to say mate, I don't see that comparison at all. Very different styles of play by my take, namely the biggest difference that Remy checks to and interacts with the midfielders far more often than Defoe ever did. I swear Defoe has an innate magnet to the opposing box, as he hates being far away from it.

though to be fair, remy does enjoy getting behind the defence much like defoe did. TBH his a steal and id take him but much prefer lukaku type player to fill ade's void..soldado and remy just dosent cut it for me..

though to be fair, remy does enjoy getting behind the defence much like defoe did. TBH his a steal and id take him but much prefer lukaku type player to fill ade's void..soldado and remy just dosent cut it for me..

He does indeed, as any good striker should. To me, Remy seems to enjoy creating with the team far more than Defoe ever did, and I view that as a crucial difference.

They are to similar imo, Remy is definitely more poacher than targetman. Tino likes the lone central forward though with wide attackers and Remy can play wide too. It will be interesting to see how Tino goes about shaping the team.

They are to similar imo, Remy is definitely more poacher than targetman. Tino likes the lone central forward though with wide attackers and Remy can play wide too. It will be interesting to see how Tino goes about shaping the team.

I wouldn't be unhappy with remy on the wide left.
The young Belgian butuyshi (I think) looks the goods too.

would love to see a 4-3-3 but poch seems to go the 4-2-3-1. ether way I'm excited!

I wouldn't be unhappy with remy on the wide left.
The young Belgian butuyshi (I think) looks the goods too.

would love to see a 4-3-3 but poch seems to go the 4-2-3-1. ether way I'm excited!

I'm just glad we've got a seemingly good manager in with epl experience who plays exciting attacking football. Plus he was a pretty good player himself. If we're ever going to fully back a manager this bloke looks to tick all the right boxes.

Lambert was perfect for Pochettinos system at Southampton.
Very cultured player, underrated in his ability to find a pass and spot a run. Very strong, able to hold it up and excellent in the air. CLASSIC target man type player, bringing others into play, putting people through, and being a nuisance himself.

Remy ticks hardly any of those boxes IMO, so Im really not sure what the point in signing him would be.

The rumours of the like of Moratta, Lukaku and Traore make much more sense, even if they dont tick all the boxes either they are a closer fit.

Its for this reason I find it unlikely Soldado will stick around, if there is any truth to the reported interest of Athletico I think he should go there.

Adebayor fits the role VERY well, and I hope he buys into Pochettino and his methods.

Lambert was perfect for Pochettinos system at Southampton.
Very cultured player, underrated in his ability to find a pass and spot a run. Very strong, able to hold it up and excellent in the air. CLASSIC target man type player, bringing others into play, putting people through, and being a nuisance himself.

Remy ticks hardly any of those boxes IMO, so Im really not sure what the point in signing him would be.

The rumours of the like of Moratta, Lukaku and Traore make much more sense, even if they dont tick all the boxes either they are a closer fit.

Its for this reason I find it unlikely Soldado will stick around, if there is any truth to the reported interest of Athletico I think he should go there.

Adebayor fits the role VERY well, and I hope he buys into Pochettino and his methods.
Kane will also be a very good understudy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom