Loïc Rémy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably. And I don't really see it happening tbf.

Some supportive words in his ear and 1 or 2 well worded clauses in his contract however...

It's all about finding value in the market place...

:levystare:

Buying him would be a case of standing still, not going forward. We would just be replicating our frustrations that we already have with Defoe, especially as neither of them are really suitable to where AVB want to take the direction of the squad.

The only thing I can say against this is that Remy has played a fair proportion of his career as a wing forward and therefore he'd provide cover for both CF and on the wings. Defoe plays CF, and that's it. The fact that we could buy Remy who as you say is as good as Defoe in the CF, but also provides cover for the wings, and we could probably break-even out of buying Remy and selling Defoe, with Remy being younger too.

The only thing I can say against this is that Remy has played a fair proportion of his career as a wing forward and therefore he'd provide cover for both CF and on the wings. Defoe plays CF, and that's it. The fact that we could buy Remy who as you say is as good as Defoe in the CF, but also provides cover for the wings, and we could probably break-even out of buying Remy and selling Defoe, with Remy being younger too.

Fair point but I think what Remy offers is low down on our list of priorities. I'd prefer to keep Defoe, who loves Spurs, than replace him with a younger version of himself that can cover right wing.

The most difficult thing in our striker situation is that JD and Ade, although they have their flaws, are both very good players and extremely difficult to improve upon with our budget.

Buying him would be a case of standing still, not going forward. We would just be replicating our frustrations that we already have with Defoe, especially as neither of them are really suitable to where AVB want to take the direction of the squad.

Agree with you, just playing devil's advocate.

Problem is, every time I hear his name I get this mental picture:

rapey-sloth-meme.png

In all seriousness, I want nothing to do with him unless the charges are completely dropped. Sexual assault is no joke, and just has no place in our squad.

In all seriousness, I want nothing to do with him unless the charges are completely dropped. Sexual assault is no joke, and just has no place in our squad.

Innocent until proven guilty anyone?

I mean I don't want him either, but false accusations of rape by a public figure are nothing new, he shouldn't be portayed as a rapist just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom