Loïc Rémy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming there isn't something really sinister behind his Loserpool move falling through and, assuming (particularly if we spend on Musacchio and/or MS) that Levy will not fork out £20m+ on a striker like Bony or Destro - who would take a punt on Remy? Cheap and can score in the Prem.
Probably a deal to be done with another player going the other way as well, Benny maybe, and make it even less cash.
Bit odd he's not been snapped up so probably something iffy about him that hasn't come out yet. Obviously he has his issues that have been well publicised.

He's a good goalscorer, but for now I don't think he's a big enough improvement on Bobby or Ade to take the risk. I'd rather get a left winger in first (Depay?) and then maybe give our strikers a chance until January at least.

Assuming there isn't something really sinister behind his Loserpool move falling through and, assuming (particularly if we spend on Musacchio and/or MS) that Levy will not fork out £20m+ on a striker like Bony or Destro - who would take a punt on Remy? Cheap and can score in the Prem.
Probably a deal to be done with another player going the other way as well, Benny maybe, and make it even less cash.
Bit odd he's not been snapped up so probably something iffy about him that hasn't come out yet. Obviously he has his issues that have been well publicised.

What's being suggested is that he is only cheap to a CL team, otherwise it's 15m plus. He is PL quality, but I'd rather a few more pennies for Bony, who offers us something different and would suit the style better.

I wouldn't mind him here, but i think Harry Kane will be our suprise package this season. I think he will either score or assist around 12 goals, some might laugh at that but i couldn't give a fuck what you think.
Harry Kane has grown in confidence having been given proper game time and now doing what he has always been good at at lower levels. With him, bobby and Ade we don't need more. So unless we are selling on one of our older strikers I don't see the point.

Harry Kane has grown in confidence having been given proper game time and now doing what he has always been good at at lower levels. With him, bobby and Ade we don't need more. So unless we are selling on one of our older strikers I don't see the point.

As i have said many times, Bony is pure class and would be an upgrade on what we have 20-25 million would be an acceptable price for him, his speed, strength, movement is better than what we have and he would significantly improve us.

Remy would potentially be marginally better than Ade or Soldado, he is a very good striker, far to good for QPR or Newcastle but if he comes I would want Ade or Soldado sold to make room, I really don't Kane to go, the kids got some real talent. One of those guys if we sold to Southampton or Hull he would be scoring 20+ goals a season in the coming years and we would be all asking why we let him go and kicking ourselves.

As i have said many times, Bony is pure class and would be an upgrade on what we have 20-25 million would be an acceptable price for him, his speed, strength, movement is better than what we have and he would significantly improve us.

Remy would potentially be marginally better than Ade or Soldado, he is a very good striker, far to good for QPR or Newcastle but if he comes I would want Ade or Soldado sold to make room, I really don't Kane to go, the kids got some real talent. One of those guys if we sold to Southampton or Hull he would be scoring 20+ goals a season in the coming years and we would be all asking why we let him go and kicking ourselves.
I really rate Bony too. If we either sold Ade or Soldado (preferably Soldado but Levy may not want to take the hit) and brought Bony in to replace him I'd be very pleased with that.

So was thinking... Balo -> Liverpool, Ade -> Milan, Remy -> Spurs? Crazy long shot, but Milan would be one of the few clubs willing to sign him and take on his wages... #ITK? :roflmao:

Aren't Milan broke?
Think so, it was all hypothetical and just a bit of fun, but I'm not sure how much Ade would be sold for, but if we could regain ~10m for him, Remy would cost the same and it's not a lot for them to pay for someone of his calibre (Ade). Just seems a little Levy-esque...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom