Loïc Rémy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather Welbeck tbh. I think he'll have a Sturridge esque break out season next year and is a very well rounded forward.

Interesting you put it that way, since I think Remy is the far more balanced of the two and would also come at likely half the price. However, Welbeck is considerably younger and English, two major factors in his favor.

I wouldn't either but with Ade, Soldado and Kane already on the books it would surely spell the end for one of them. Possibly Ade with his contract situation this summer and the fact we've tried to flog him once or twice before.

Ah fuck, now you've gone and done it! Here we go again cahspur cahspur - brace for impact!

I'd slit my wrists if we signed Welbeck

Oh come now he's not that bad, but I do think there are far better options available for the price. Remy at the release clause he's rumored to have is simply a fuckin steal. He should've been at Spurs winter 2013 and we likely would've been in the CL this year, and so I'd love to see us rectify that mistake.

I don't know I see a proper player in there with Welbeck and one who's going to keep getting better. Before last season alot of people were slagging Sturridge off too but I see alot of similarities between him and Welbeck. Both naturally very confident players who love scoring goals and versitile.

-Holds "Hooked on Phonics" textbook in Gibbsy's direction in the manner of a crucifix-

"Back foul demon!"
hqdefault.jpg

Interesting you put it that way, since I think Remy is the far more balanced of the two and would also come at likely half the price. However, Welbeck is considerably younger and English, two major factors in his favor.

Remy is more of a pacey play on the shoulder of the last defender type were as Welbeck has the pace to do this but is also good with his back to goal and in the air. Remy might be abit of a better finisher but Welbeck at 23 is developing nicely.

I don't know I see a proper player in there with Welbeck and one who's going to keep getting better. Before last season alot of people were slagging Sturridge off too but I see alot of similarities between him and Welbeck. Both naturally very confident players who love scoring goals and versitile.

Could never understand the hate for Sturridge. Have always viewed him as one of the most underrated strikers in the world. Even in his cameos for Chelsea he provided immensely more impact in those short stints than the inept Torres all game.

Could never understand the hate for Sturridge. Have always viewed him as one of the most underrated strikers in the world. Even in his cameos for Chelsea he provided immensely more impact in those short stints than the inept Torres all game.

Yeah the English love slagging off their own these days. Sickening trend tbh

Remy is more of a pacey play on the shoulder of the last defender type were as Welbeck has the pace to do this but is also good with his back to goal and in the air. Remy might be abit of a better finisher but Welbeck at 23 is developing nicely.

I certainly wouldn't argue against Welbeck's ability in the air, that is an undeniable advantage to him over Remy. However, Remy's no slouch at it, and the combination of his ability to get on the end of crosses and find the back of the net coupled with his footwork to interact with the creative players behind him gives him the overall edge for me. I think he'd be excellent for our current squad. Could get on the end of our endless supply of crosses, but also contribute in buildup play until we can eventually establish more effective play on the ground in the middle of the attacking third.

I certainly wouldn't argue against Welbeck's ability in the air, that is an undeniable advantage to him over Remy. However, Remy's no slouch at it, and the combination of his ability to get on the end of crosses and find the back of the net coupled with his footwork to interact with the creative players behind him gives him the overall edge for me. I think he'd be excellent for our current squad. Could get on the end of our endless supply of crosses, but also contribute in buildup play until we can eventually establish more effective play on the ground in the middle of the attacking third.

I don't think there's to much in separating them currently tbh. Welbecks footwork and tekkers have impressed me of late too. If we get a new striker though one of our current lot has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom