Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel bad for Janssen, absolutely no one is giving him service. Was there one attempt at a through ball all night?

Winks was solid, Vorm was very good, everyone else was hot dog shit.

Onomah looks like he doesn't even care and it drives me mad. Nkoudou gave us good width but did nothing with it. Our back four was in shambles, Carroll was anonymous, and Lamela has had a poor run of form late. Wanyama was steady as always.

Let's burn this performance, bury it in the yard and forget it ever happened. The under 20s I can understand, playing in that environment can be overwhelming, but the worst performances came from some of or older and veteran players.

Alright, done complaining, it was nice seeing some youth out there, at least, and it was in the least important competition to throw out a dud.

Didn't think nkoudou gave us any width. Don't recall him stretching the full back and putting a cross in even once. Always turning inside and passing square. No service was janssen. Slipped for the goal but put himself in trouble to begin with. Surprisingly bad performance from him as normally his impact when coming on has been good.

I feel bad for Janssen, absolutely no one is giving him service. Was there one attempt at a through ball all night?

Winks was solid, Vorm was very good, everyone else was hot dog shit.

Onomah looks like he doesn't even care and it drives me mad. Nkoudou gave us good width but did nothing with it. Our back four was in shambles, Carroll was anonymous, and Lamela has had a poor run of form late. Wanyama was steady as always.

Let's burn this performance, bury it in the yard and forget it ever happened. The under 20s I can understand, playing in that environment can be overwhelming, but the worst performances came from some of or older and veteran players.

Alright, done complaining, it was nice seeing some youth out there, at least, and it was in the least important competition to throw out a dud.
How can you play a through ball to Janssen? He always has his back to the goal, and moves like a statue.

Just in from the pub. I was sitting at the bar and this fella next to me was ooohing and aaahing, so l said 'you Spurs?', he shook his head, 'where are you from mate?' I said, 'Uganda' he said, 'so you're Liverpool then' I said - he nodded. 'Fair enough' I said - and at this he burst out laughing. Lovely bloke, he was offering me fishy smelling bar snacks at full tIme.

Crazy world ain't it?

CSB etc....
I hope he
didn't ask you for your credit card and sort code details.

I think dier was just missing Ali today.... :deledoubt:

lets hope he does find his form again soon, thought Wanyama looked good when he came on, also Vorm really saved us from being completely destroyed tonight! Even though it is the Mickey Mouse cup could not bear seeing Sturridge get a Hat trick!
Let's hope this rest has done the first team good and we go and get 3 points at the weekend.

The difference in squad depth was pretty sobering. Liverpool made 11 changes and essentially just swatted your equivalents aside. Even then they still had a £20m odd French international defender not even considered for selection for disciplinary reasons.

Pretty odd given you guys are the ones operating at Europe's top table.

Generally suprised some seem to think we should have gone hell for leather in this game. It's a shame we didn't click, but all good experience for the youngsters as Poch stated.

The matches we have coming up are thick n fast.

Yea, Dier has got away with a lot considering how easily Liverpool bypassed our midfield today.

Draw a line under the result and move on.
I'll chalk up the easily bypassing our midfield as a midfield/backline that NEVER play with each other. But his passing is what urks the fuck out of me. That right there is Dier Midfield 101.

But I told myself if we lost today I could care less. Onwards and upwards.

Pococino has a no win decision , play our youth to see if they have the skill to step up.
Tonight we saw some players shine and others fail to impress.
Saturdays game against Leicester is more important than this Cup, and opinions were always raw over tonight's result.
Progress takes time and I believe this Manager WILL make us successful, so let's see the future as positive. COYS

The difference in squad depth was pretty sobering. Liverpool made 11 changes and essentially just swatted your equivalents aside. Even then they still had a £20m odd French international defender not even considered for selection for disciplinary reasons.

Pretty odd given you guys are the ones operating at Europe's top table.
2dkffon.gif

why are we singing "we've got Alli" when we don't. he's not on the field, not on the bench and not in the stadium.
Because he plays for us ya dingbat. Football songs are not about actual events. And it annoys the fuck out of the mickys. That is perhaps why.

Glad to be of help.

Edit: apologies, I see your question has been answered earlier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom