Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

scott

“Doing things the right way!”
Live on sky on tuesday at 7.45pm.

With the games coming thick & fast I would mainly use the squad players & youngsters for this one.
Or when else will they all get to play?
It will also give our starters a bit of a rest.

Vorm
Trippier CCV Wimmer Davies

Edwards WInks Sissoko
George Onomah
Janssen

If sissoko is suspended then play carroll.

We can all sit back & watch the youngsters & subs show us what they have got.

Edit: carroll for edwards as totti informed me he is injured.

Last edited:
Going to be a great experience for some of our second string.

Edwards is injured though so won't be playing.

Surprised if we win this. Liverpool will go strong.

Last edited:
I go a feeling we will be coming up against a Pretty full strength team, be interesting to see how our youngsters do. If we do loose this, even playing our youngsters I am prepared for the press to go into overload praising Klapp, and how he is the best thing since sliced bread etc etc....

Vorm
Trippier - Carter-Vickers - Wimmer - Davies
Dier - Winks
Sissoko - Onomah - N'Koudou
Janssen
3-1 loss.
Wimmer to score from a set piece.

Always painful to watch a thrown game as a supporter but that's what'll happen here I think. Like it or not, we want out of the competition and as that'll be pretty easy to do at Anfield anyway I don't think they'll be much strength in our team.

See: Woolwich last year, Dortmund last year.

After yesterday... we REALLY need some confidence in front of goal.
Not sure if we'll get it at anfield, but as far as the club (if not necessarily the fans) it certainly ranks as a 2nd tier game in terms of importance...

The only glimmer of hope is that now Liverpool are doing well in the PL, they deem themselves too important for this competition and start treating with some contempt too!!

Expect the kids...

I really, really look forward to see Harry Winks again.

Bonus if we get through, but more games are only if we actually win this trophy in February!

Yesterday after the game I was left so disappointed about our dropped points and was like fuck football, blah, blah...

Now, I can't wait for the next time Spurs play again, COME ON YOU SPURS!
:lamelaaghh:

I think they'll probably line up like this:

Karius
Clyne - Matip - Klavan - Moreno
Can - Lucas - Grujic
Firmino - Sturridge - Origi​

---------------------------------Vorm--------------------------------
Trippier---------------Dier------------Wimmer-----------Davies
----------------------------Winks---Carroll------------------------
----------------------------------Sissoko----------------------------
--------Onomah------------------------------------N'Kodou---
-----------------------------------Janssen--------------------------

We need to start expecting as a big club and start showing some attitude. its all a bit mamby pamby at the moment.
We should be on par with Liverpool on Tues night.
Why are we looking at us as being the weaker side-we seem to be taking the Liverpool way, playing the victim?
We are away (always differcult), in the cup, last 8 the prize-lets play our strongest team as possible.
Put who wants to play. Lamela bench against LC so can start-Eriksen, i would make him play-needs to get going. Kane/Alderweireld, could be back bench/play and Dembele should start.

Liverpool will rest a couple-thats the nature of this cup but why play our development squad?
Our back 6 could play in Europe.
MF not bad
Up front been playing for weeks as our number one and rested.
Some great youngsters to come on and give then hell-we can win this.

Vorm
Trippier - Carter-Vickers - Vertonghen - Davies
.............................Dier
Sissoko - Eriksen- Lamela/Dembele- N'Koudou
.........................Janssen

Back
Top Bottom