January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's Saha up to these days?

louis-saha_2154919b.jpg

Your right we don't have someone who can step in for Kane, but I don't think that will change during this window at least, I'm also hoping Jannsen will come good but for us it's hard to give him the game time he needs to adapt to the PL.

:pochfacepalm:
However I did read an article the other day about a certain proven PL striker being available on a free......
:adethumbup:

It will cost us again and that would be gutting.

I am no fan of the loan system but it is there for a reason.

Hard to understand how Pochettino doesn't know of striking quality in his home country who could do a job for us.

Your right we don't have someone who can step in for Kane, but I don't think that will change during this window at least, I'm also hoping Jannsen will come good but for us it's hard to give him the game time he needs to adapt to the PL.

:pochfacepalm:
However I did read an article the other day about a certain proven PL striker being available on a free......
:adethumbup:

Both Robbie and Dimitar are going begging, to be fair.

Not sure they'd be a positive addition to the dressing room, though, unless we want the team getting pissed and smoking

Hard to understand how Pochettino doesn't know of striking quality in his home country who could do a job for us.
So, you say if we would have bought a striker last year we would have won the league. How does that work? Kane wasn't injured last year, he was the Golden Boot winner. So you would have dropped Kane from Jan onwards (when we were fucking flying, Kane too) for a new striker?

A lot of our best players were turdy before MP trained them.
Mate, he's a busted flush. Started off being touted as the next Messi he has seen time at some of the best clubs in Europe and never done it anywhere he's been.

- 26 years old
- Been in England for 2.5 years
- Has never really impressed in that time
- Has only just broken double goals figures in that time
- Nearly never assists

So he looks average and the stats are even worse. I wouldn't touch him with yours.

So, you say if we would have bought a striker last year we would have won the league. How does that work? Kane wasn't injured last year, he was the Golden Boot winner. So you would have dropped Kane from Jan onwards (when we were fucking flying, Kane too) for a new striker?

That's a really good point actually! :dawsonmean:

Which country? He's from Argentina, but has a Spanish passport. More to the point, what striker is going to make a move in January, who is good? Teams don't sell good players in January unless someone offers way more than market value, and we're not about to do that. Plus, Pochettino doesn't do scouting, how would he fit that into his schedule?

A bizarre notion that just because a player wins the Golden boot that at times he might not warrant being taken off or rested in pursuit of a much needed goal.

Stats aren't everything

A bizarre notion that just because a player wins the Golden boot that at times he might not warrant being taken off or rested in pursuit of a much needed goal.

Stats aren't everything

Rested in pursuit of a much needed goal? :dembelewtf:

I wouldn't mind another striker though but we're in a difficult situation on that one. It's hard finding a player willing to warm the bench most of the time who's still good enough to make a difference when called upon.

Stats aren't everything
So the logic off replacing the golden boot winner for a striker that isn't to win us the league is what exactly. How does it work? How do we win the league by doing this? And of course who is this striker that would have won us the League? Fair questions I think.

He'd have had more rest (Cups, EL + subbed early if when games were in the bag) and maybe scored a few more decisive EPL goals throughout the season (esp. towards the end)...?

The Son/N'Jie/Chadli as 2nd ST plan blew up in our faces.

Back
Top Bottom