January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

addtext_com_MTMwNzExMzczMjcz.jpg

Davies is quality, there's nobody you could buy for 10m that would do a better job as backup. The fact that he can fill in at CB if required is an added bonus.

Maybe.

Part of me is just a bit saddened by this 'new' shit version of United that has completely lost the Ferguson legacy already. They just don't make their own any more.

Completely agree pal; Ed Woodward is great commercially, but he's lost track of the principles that were the foundation of the Ferguson dynasty, and that's why they're nothing more than the most marketable Europa League team in history. Buy the best British talent and take them to the next level and develop youth, be it acquired or promote internally - that's what made them different.

The Pogba circus wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club by Fegie, he'd have signed Kante instead. They're getting giddy about Griezmann, and apparently that's already agreed (with Adidas looking to secure the player to their stable and merge him with one of their flagship clubs)

Mourinho just isn't a United manager, and that's why Ferguson recomended Moyes instead in 2013; he's doing to Martial and Shaw what he did to Lukaku and KDB at Chelsea, and I'm confident both will go on to fulfil their immense potential elsewhere if Jose's allowed to bully them out of the club. Rashford and Fosu-Mensah have suffered under him as well. Ultimately, it'd be easier for United to replace Jose than lose this raft of uber-talents who the antichrist of Youth development just can't integrate properly. In hindsight Chelsea could (and almost certainly would have preferred to) have had De Bruyne, Lukaku and even Ryan Bertrand in their squad now, all sacrificed for the Short-term One.

Imagine the aforementioned United kids under Fergie or Pocchettino? They'd flourish. That's what great coaches do; Simeone has done it at Atletico too with Saul and Koke ect.

United have just sold Sean Goss to QPR, never given a first team chance despite being the ideal vice-Carrick, a very Thiago Motta-esque metronomic midfielder who was close to debut under LVG until he got injured last year. Fergie would have integrated him, but Mourinho prefers the brutal Fellaini in central midfield instead; United just aren't that club anymore, hence the sporting fall from grace.

Luckily, Pocchettino is well on the way to emulating Ferguson's work by building a dynasty on the platform of young British talent; English football needs it.

On signing his deal in the autumn, Rose said:

“Everyone knows the club is going in the right direction and I am over the moon and I will stay here until I am an old man.”

giphy.gif

Someone called 'noodles' who was once reliable with stuff (allegedly)

I always found him to be pretty much the same as the rest of those tragic ITKsters to be honest.

Then again I haven't seen much since I got banned from COYS for pointing out that repeating a story from that morning's Marca didn't represent being In The Know. I was told to apologise, when I provided a link to the Spanish story I was nixed, they said I had aggravated my crime by failing to acknowledge my wrongdoing.

:lamelashock:

This absolutely nails it...

Last edited:
He's Dutch Dele Alli. From very similar backgrounds and with similar styles of play. Imagine being able to flank Kane with a pair of Dele Allis. That is what Depay could be.

Should we sign Balotelli as well?

559743_10151358571191412_1620361627_n.jpg

I imagine even if Levy, Poch and Mitchell only agreed one set rule for transfers in their entire time working together it would have been:

Do not sign players with camo wrapped cars

Back
Top Bottom