January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it's 99.9% unlikely, but if Martial does become available, we should be doing everything to get him.

He could be unreal under Pochettino, either off the left or up front. He's wasted at Utd, as is Rashford.
Just had my hair cut by a United fan who is convinced Martial will be off.

Perhaps they'd be arrogant enough to let him come to us (probably not though). The Memphis sale already shows they're willing to take a loss if they don't rate the player.
Wages must be big though.

Just had my hair cut by a United fan who is convinced Martial will be off.
He did a fantastic fucking job.
6juZ5zw.jpg

I think this is a good post but one that sees a past that would be nigh on impossible to replicate today.

Ferguson was an extraordinary manager but he was also blessed with an astonishing group of players, especially if you include the hardly inexpensive Ronaldo.

I am not a fan of Mourinho the person but as a manager he is second to none and he will aim to get a winning mentality instilled in that relatively new group of players.

Should he go on to win the League Cup he starts being a winner straightaway and once again.

This nonsense of style over pragmatism is utterly bases on envy of sorts.

Has we won the title last season with a succession of 1 nil victories I doubt we would be bemoaning the departure from our so termed traditional way of playing.

Sorry but any personal feelings aside you can't downplay his achievements.

The last team he won the league with was fucking toilet. Greatest manager of our generation and has a good claim at wider accolades than that.

Sorry but any personal feelings aside you can't downplay his achievements.

The last team he won the league with was fucking toilet. Greatest manager of our generation and has a good claim at wider accolades than that.

No mate I completely agree but he won the title because it was those players playing for United with a great manager.

So other teams still had to beat his aura.

No down playing his achievements or what he created at all.

I know it's 99.9% unlikely, but if Martial does become available, we should be doing everything to get him.

He could be unreal under Pochettino, either off the left or up front. He's wasted at Utd, as is Rashford.

If they're (naively) backing Mourinho to forge the squad in his image to take the club forward, they'd listen to offers for players he doesn't want; they're hardly desperate for cash, but a probable failure to quality for the CL again this season could persuade them to dispose of valuable players on the periphery of Jose's plans, ala Martial.

With Martial, they've only actually paid £38.5m so far as non of the add-on clause criteria have been activated yet; the loss they'd take on, say, a £30m bid would be neutralised by avoiding one of those potential additional payments becoming obligatory. As a player, either as a partner for Kane in a 3-5-2 or inverting out wide left in a 4-2-3-1, he could become a star under a proper coach like Pocchettino.

Side note on Luke Shaw: he's really struggled with home sickness since coming to Manchester, but Mourinho's bullying of him, especially after a year out with a traumatic injury, has apparently left him clinically depressed.

Back
Top Bottom