January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

addtext_com_MTMwNzExMzczMjcz.jpg

Brede Hangeland with some insight on Poch's favorite player Zaha:

Amazing physique and very athletic, huge potential. On some mondays he'd come over to me and say "I'm starting my program now!", he'd clearly decided to start during the week-end. We'd then go to the gym together and he'd do like 5 pushups, sigh, and leave. It felt like he had a new years resolution every monday. Would be increadible if he was serious.

Part of his "lazy-11" (also includes Ade and Berba)
Brede Hangelands hilarious Felix Magath story and more from the recent "Heia fotball" podcast • /r/soccer

Brede Hangeland with some insight on Poch's favorite player Zaha:

Amazing physique and very athletic, huge potential. On some mondays he'd come over to me and say "I'm starting my program now!", he'd clearly decided to start during the week-end. We'd then go to the gym together and he'd do like 5 pushups, sigh, and leave. It felt like he had a new years resolution every monday. Would be increadible if he was serious.

Part of his "lazy-11" (also includes Ade and Berba)
Brede Hangelands hilarious Felix Magath story and more from the recent "Heia fotball" podcast • /r/soccer

Hmm... the full quotes read an awful lot like narcissism and BS

You do realise you support Tottenham, not Woolwich, don't you?

Y'know, the game is about glory? That football without trophies isn't football at all? Echo of glory? Better to try and fail?

The DNA of the club is to aim for the stars. Not scrape into the "Exclusive rich boy" club.
We don't win trophies though.
1 domestic cup every 10 years in my lifetime.
& poch/levy prioritise top 4 over cups so try telling them that.
Better to try & fail you say. Does that include trying with weakened teams in the cups?

Last edited:
We don't win trophies though.
1 domestic cup every 10 years in my lifetime.

We've won trophies in the 1900's, 20's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's

In the 40's there was a war.

So that leaves the 30's as the only decade we havent won a trophy. You can go back and complain about the 1880's and 1890's if you want.....it wont make you sound any less entitled to be honest.

To sit here demanding titles is just too half n half scarf for my liking....taking no joy or pride in our own journey, and only looking at the others.
Modern football fans, just killing the game.

I used to go apeshit on this forum, wanting to see us play the Tottenham way. I couldnt have cared less if that was in the championship, rather than win stuff playing like The Scum did in the 80's, or Chelsea under Jose second time around. Now we have a manager who is turning us into the epitome of what this club is about, while taking us forward.
Personally, I find nothing to complain about.

One trophy every ten years of your life?
Most football fans have gone generations without anyone experiencing what thats like.

We've won trophies in the 1900's, 20's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's

In the 40's there was a war.

So that leaves the 30's as the only decade we havent won a trophy. You can go back and complain about the 1880's and 1890's if you want.....it wont make you sound any less entitled to be honest.

To sit here demanding titles is just too half n half scarf for my liking....taking no joy or pride in our own journey, and only looking at the others.
Modern football fans, just killing the game.

I used to go apeshit on this forum, wanting to see us play the Tottenham way. I couldnt have cared less if that was in the championship, rather than win stuff playing like The Scum did in the 80's, or Chelsea under Jose second time around. Now we have a manager who is turning us into the epitome of what this club is about, while taking us forward.
Personally, I find nothing to complain about.

One trophy every ten years of your life?
Most football fans have gone generations without anyone experiencing what thats like.
You are clearly not reading the full discussion sammy!
I said I am over the moon with 4th this season & no trophies.
Jayc disagreed & said that's Woolwich talk.
& it is about glory & trophies. Which I understand too.

I'd prefer a trophy to top 4, but I know it is better for the club & the long term future if we get top 4 instead of a trophy.

I doubt Rashford will move - he's a Utd fan.

Worrying for him that there's rumours of Griezmann though
Madrid seem to be on the down so I could see griezmann going. Especially if simeone gets fed up & goes too

Has Fosu-Mensah played much at all?
Looked good last season when he did play.
Not noticed him this season.
I don't think he has played at all has he? Unbelievable that Jose thinks he is behind Darmian as a right back.
I saw somewhere that United have knocked back 5 clubs who asked about him in this window.

His brother has been posting United photos on instatwatter or something
The plot thickens ha.
I guess ibra has probably 2 seasons left where he can still cut it at united?
So it would make sense for them to sign another top striker in the next year or 2.

Back
Top Bottom