January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I could tell you my personal experience but when arguing something generally better to use other sources..unfortunately there's hasn't been a academic article published on spurs links to Aberdeen primarily but also to rangers..
If I find one I'll be sure to link it.
Nice one I'll look forward to another cracking post.
You don't really have an argument here, just a bit of an anti Scottish rant for some reason. You'd have been better to have a go at anyone who bring religious issues into football - which we'd all agree on

I know not all players that are proven in the BPL will come good if they sign for us but I'm sick of signing players from the Italian and French leagues! If Gervinho can go out to Italy and look good then that surely shows the calibre of the league? It has to STOP!

Maybe it's time to invest some money for a big transfer.
Joao Moutinho would be a great addition and due to Monacos problems in the league he might be interested in joining us. Only problems to solve were the third party ownership and his wages but maybe it's time to risk sth.

Maybe it's time to invest some money for a big transfer.
Joao Moutinho would be a great addition and due to Monacos problems in the league he might be interested in joining us. Only problems to solve were the third party ownership and his wages but maybe it's time to risk sth.
ParallelQuickBellsnake.gif

Link between spurs and Aberdeen is strong but hey he would of thought a spurs supporter living near Aberdeen wouldn't know that...sorry mate your neither Scottish nor a unionist....just a clueless cunt...
I am Scottish. That's not the point, cos you didn't know that. I'm not clueless about the relationship between Spurs and Aberdeen (soccer casuals and Stevie Archibald). I am a cunt though.

You just keep your wee hatred fires burning.

Mentioned it in the Newcastle game thread but I really think the sort of player we need to bring it to sort this shambles of a backline is someone like Ryan Shawcross. A vocal, tough tackiling defender who knows the league well. Only way I can see this happening is if Chiriches is sold in that window. A JV & Fazio/Shawcross partnership at the back could see us stop being so weak all the time!

We've got a squad full of reasonably talented, fairly interchangeable players, who on their day can look very good. Lloris excepted, as he's world class. What we need is a strong, defensive leader, and a couple of effective reliable attackers who we can rely on for goals and assists. In our two most successful seasons in my memory ('91 with Mabbutt, Gazza and Lineker; 2011-12 with King, Modric, VDV and Bale), this is what we had, and what we are now lacking. I think its as simple as that. The squad we have is the result of businesslike, spreadsheet based, risk averse recruitment. We need to spend big on these 2-3 players, and break the wage structure to get them. This would take us back to being top four contenders.
Of course, to get to being title challengers, will now take more money than we have.

We've got a squad full of reasonably talented, fairly interchangeable players, who on their day can look very good. Lloris excepted, as he's world class. What we need is a strong, defensive leader, and a couple of effective reliable attackers who we can rely on for goals and assists. In our two most successful seasons in my memory ('91 with Mabbutt, Gazza and Lineker; 2011-12 with King, Modric, VDV and Bale), this is what we had, and what we are now lacking. I think its as simple as that. The squad we have is the result of businesslike, spreadsheet based, risk averse recruitment. We need to spend big on these 2-3 players, and break the wage structure to get them. This would take us back to being top four contenders.
Of course, to get to being title challengers, will now take more money than we have.
I say this in response to the numerous knee jerk 'dump the foreigners/ buy just British/ play the youth team coz they are hungry' nonsense posts I've seen around lately

Link between spurs and Aberdeen is strong but hey he would of thought a spurs supporter living near Aberdeen wouldn't know that...sorry mate your neither Scottish nor a unionist....just a clueless cunt...

tbf anyone with a stupid fucking bird holding an assault rifle as their avatar is a stupid fucking cunt

What's your problem with people from Scotland showing an interest in Tottenham? Some kind of childish 'my club, not yours' shit going on here? Fucking hell, grow up, what right do you have to decide who merits being a Spurs fan or not, especially on geographic terms. Self righteous prick

I am Scottish. That's not the point, cos you didn't know that. I'm not clueless about the relationship between Spurs and Aberdeen (soccer casuals and Stevie Archibald). I am a cunt though.

You just keep your wee hatred fires burning.
I got the same reaction from this prat, cos I'm Scottish I can't show an interest in Spurs. Good logic, Grade A tit

Mentioned it in the Newcastle game thread but I really think the sort of player we need to bring it to sort this shambles of a backline is someone like Ryan Shawcross. A vocal, tough tackiling defender who knows the league well. Only way I can see this happening is if Chiriches is sold in that window. A JV & Fazio/Shawcross partnership at the back could see us stop being so weak all the time!
Shawcross is a filthy cunt. With him & Fazio in defence we would end up with 9 men most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom