January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the latest ITK we are in advanced discussions to sign young Serbian striker Aleksandar Mitrovic from Anderlecht. He looks like this http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20141007_01308393 and is supposedly unprofessional and untalented (should fit right in). Any Belgians who can add anything (hopefully more positive)?

got him on my fifa 14 career mode. only 23 and already rated 85. decent pace and strong as fuck, sick in the air. sign him up

Come again?
I get sick to death of having to hear the constant unionist/catholic debates.
Whilst I love personally nothing more than to debate it (irish nationalism being very close to my own heart), I don't like it when Scottish unionists highjack my club and use it for political ends. Im a big fan of a clear delineation between football and politics (however unrealistic that might be)
see http://www.nyspurs.com/forum/aberdeen-links_topic3568.html

edit: to back my point up, notice the two Scottish posters are Aberdeen and rangers supporters..celtic fans for instance wouldn't be caught dead supporting us as no catholic link..

Last edited:
Ideal January. Players in green are home grown.

Lloris / Vorm
Walker (24) / Yedlin (21) / Rose (24) / Davies (21)
Fazio (27) / Vertonghen (27) / Craig Dawson (24) / Dier (20) / Moore (21)
Capoue (26) / Stambouli (24) / Mason (23) / Bentaleb (19)
Lamela (22) / Eriksen (22) / Chadli (25) / Rodriguez (25) / Depay (20) / Townsend (23) / Roberts (17)
Soldado (27) / Kane (21) / Berahino (21)

Average Squad age of outfield players would be 22.7

In:
Yedlin £2.5 Million (Signed already, young and as fast as Walker)
Dawson £7.5 Million (WBA defender, 24 English and looks solid.)
Moore £7.5 Million (Leicester CB. Can play right back, 21. Plays alongside Dier in England under 21. Starting most games for Leicester)
Rodriguez £7.5 Million (Knows how to score, knows poch system well. 24 and English)

Depay £15 Million (Massive talent from Holland. 21 full dutch international)
Roberts £5 Million (17 year old Fulham attacking mid. Insanely skilful. Regular for Fulham)
Berahino £15 Million (Can’t stop scoring. Plays with Kane in U21s. 21 and English)

Total £60 Million

Out:

Adebayor £5 Million (Crap, no effort, waste of wages)
Naughton £5 Million (Ok but no need if Yedlin comes)
Kaboul £7.5 Million (Crap, so many mistakes, has lost pace since his injurys)
Chiriches £5 Million (No positional sense, loads of mistakes)
Dembele £10 Million (Good player, but in 3 years we have had him he has not shown his true talent)
Paulinho £10 Million (Crap. Waste of money. Can’t pass or tackle)
Lennon £7.5 Million (Doesn’t offer much anymore. Does not take his man on like in the Redknapp days)

Total £50 Million

Wages of outgoing players would be considerably more than incoming players.

Yes I play football manager and yes I am horny for English youth because of that and yes I understand we will probably sign one player for around £3mil only.

Deal with it

:dwi:

Last edited:
I get sick to death of having to hear the constant unionist/catholic debates.
Whilst I love personally nothing more than to debate it (irish nationalism being very close to my own heart), I don't like it when Scottish unionists highjack my club and use it for political ends. Im a big fan of a clear delineation between football and politics (however unrealistic that might be)
see http://www.nyspurs.com/forum/aberdeen-links_topic3568.html

edit: to back my point up, notice the two Scottish posters are Aberdeen and rangers supporters..celtic fans for instance wouldn't be caught dead supporting us as no catholic link..
Is that it? To back up your shite point criticising spurs fans from elsewhere you refer to a NY website.

Cant see us getting in more than 2 or 3 players in January, if any at all to be honest. We need to start getting rid of the bland sideways passing and no movement, and also need some players with character, passion and fight. We've sold since 'Arry's days the following players who I'd say had a bit of those 3 traits in them and replaced them with not one! Huddlestone, Dawson, VDV, Assou-Ekotto, Dempsey, Sandro.

Pochettino talks of it being mentality of our side that's not right and I agree. Those 6 weren't all fantastic players but they always gave it all and has us behind them (in BAE's case yelling at him at times). From what I've read that's why we've brough in Fazio so lets start him with JV going forward! And sign some more guys with some bloody balls!

its certainly a riposte I expected.

unfortunately for your argument I was born in London and grew up in the broadwater estate, a stones throw from WHL...so jog on with that BS..
I live near Aberdeen, but don't support them. I've supported Spurs since 1981 and you have no idea where I was born.

So fuck you and your bullshit generalisations.

Is that it? To back up your shite point criticising spurs fans from elsewhere you refer to a NY website.

Well I could tell you my personal experience but when arguing something generally better to use other sources..unfortunately there's hasn't been a academic article published on spurs links to Aberdeen primarily but also to rangers..
If I find one I'll be sure to link it.

I live near Aberdeen, but don't support them. I've supported Spurs since 1981 and you have no idea where I was born.

So fuck you and your bullshit generalisations.

Link between spurs and Aberdeen is strong but hey he would of thought a spurs supporter living near Aberdeen wouldn't know that...sorry mate your neither Scottish nor a unionist....just a clueless cunt...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/L-diarra-vers-tottenham/510095

"Currently 11th in the Premier League, Tottenham is in advanced discussions with Lassana Diarra on a free contract. The former French international, 29, versatile defensive player, was asked by the manager Mauricio Pochettino, following the injury to right back Kyle Walker but also to densify its workforce in the middle. Although the French player demands are high, Tottenham offer an interesting financial package including salary, signing bonus and performance-related bonus of the player."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom