January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like us to sell Ade, bring in Berahino(mostly for the HGP rule). If we sell Lennon(which I would like) bring Pritchard into the squad back from loan as his replacement or if we have any sort of money, Jay Rodriguez, also if we sell a midfielder, ie Paulo or Dembele, which I can see happening, please Levy, splash out on a creative midfielder such as Kovacic or that Verratti kid from P$G, they are quality with such a high ceiling for improvement. In terms of slightly longer problems, if Soldado does not improve(although I 100% believe he will) ship him out and bring in Lacazette or Ben Yedder

I'd like us to sell Ade, bring in Berahino(mostly for the HGP rule). If we sell Lennon(which I would like) bring Pritchard into the squad back from loan as his replacement or if we have any sort of money, Jay Rodriguez, also if we sell a midfielder, ie Paulo or Dembele, which I can see happening, please Levy, splash out on a creative midfielder such as Kovacic or that Verratti kid from P$G, they are quality with such a high ceiling for improvement. In terms of slightly longer problems, if Soldado does not improve(although I 100% believe he will) ship him out and bring in Lacazette or Ben Yedder

:llorishuh::paulinholol:

can we get someone on loan rather than spunk a massive wad of cash on someobody that might look good but once they sign for us will instantly become shite.
other teams seem to do it - why do we have to always do the above?

We need a strong, competitive box striker and we need a natural winger, who can and will stay wide and take on fullbacks.

We are still overstocked with midfielders though.

We need a strong, competitive box striker and we need a natural winger, who can and will stay wide and take on fullbacks.

We are still overstocked with midfielders though.

22-12-2013-GifNumber-9.gif

07-04-2014-GifNumber-266.gif

CraftyUnfortunateBorer.gif

greener-grass-2.jpg

Saying that...

SOLDADO, LENNON AND TOWNSEND OUT OUT OUT!!!!
:dude:

With regard to our transfer policy. This season (with more transfer windows to follow) should all be about acquiring, educating, progressing and integrating youth players. For that reason – I hope (and believe) that we in January follow that strategy. This implies to sell older players (except the ones important for e.g. leadership, etc.) and buy talented players with great potential. Therefore, I am happily linked with players such as Berahino or Depay and less so with players like Huntelaar.

The Brazilian Jenas has to go. He has been passed by Mason & Capoue this season and Bentaleb last and isn't as good as Dembele at anything other popping up with a goal. His all around play is very poor, lacks a good touch and his passing isn't even up to Dembele's standard.

Soldado has between now and January to find some confidence. Everyone can see that he wants it to work and puts in the effort he just needs to get the runs on the board with some goals. We can't just give him one game to prove himself, really hope he is in on Sunday.

Vlad has to go. He is a poor mans David Luiz and that's saying something!

Ade if we could find someone willing to take him on should be offloaded in the summer.

As for who to bring in. Yedlin only if we aren't confident Walker and Naugthon will be over their injuries. We've already got 4 CBs with 2 DMs who can fill even if we did sell Vlad I don't think we should spend anything there. We are overloaded still in CM yet don't have a single player who has great passing like Hudd or Modric they are all athletes more than skillful players in there, hopefully Carroll gets some games into him at Swansea and is that player in 15/16. Out wide think the time is up for my former favourite player little Azza. Don't think our replacement should be an automatic starter but wouldn't mind looking at a young talent like the kid from Birmingham we are being linked to, Demari Gray. Up front bring in Berahino who already has shown a good partnership Kane.

We do need a true winger just to change things up. Thought Townsend had a great opportunity to show his worth last night and he failed to really make an impact on the game.

We need a winger that has some end product in the worst way.

Out wide we currently have (in this order) Lamela, Chadli, Townsend & Lennon. I think 4 is a good number out there and I can't see us being able to sign someone better than the first 2 mentioned. Townsend has youth and an ability to score over Lennon so I think whoever comes in out wide will be a young guy with potential who will be at the moment a backup.

We need to keep playing Lamela and Chadli on the wings and hope to God that they really "click". They may not be Bale, but they offer more end product than their alternatives.

I agree, but it would be nice to have a Jesus Navas type player we can bring in if needed.

I agree, but it would be nice to have a Jesus Navas type player we can bring in if needed.

If we actually used them properly, ie. Beat your man, hit a low cross hard on the deck to the pen spot then yeah id agree with that. But we dont play like that. If we did then Soldado would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom