January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 30 in may :lennon:

Waste of money/wages if we get him, in my eyes. An untried-in-England player whose coming to the end of his career, will need to get use to the country and language, plus a huge transfer fee and wages? No tah
There's absolutely no chance he'd come to us but if he did he'd be an upgrade on any one of our starting front 4.

Moutinho - He's not going to go to us, he can do better than that.
Martinez - Min offer would have to be 30m for a 28 year old striker who plays in an average league
Howedes - Never heard of, can't comment
Hulk - Would require a huge wage, loves AVB, plays Champions League football. Wouldn't move.
Reus - Got into a Champs League final, won titles, but will join a team that finished 6th?

You seem to think transfer money is the only issue. It isn't. Players aren't going to come to us if they've had Champs League football, won titles or are in their prime. Rues could join any team in the world, yet he'd choose Spurs? Really? Be realistic, for many top players joining Spurs would be a come down.

With regards to Moutinho..I always felt he was more interested in money than getting a better team. Before he went to Monaco.. We must have surely been then better choice football wise.

With regards to Moutinho..I always felt he was more interested in money than getting a better team. Before he went to Monaco.. We must have surely been then better choice football wise.
Perhaps, but it was also an opportunity to link back up with Falcao and James Rodriguez. Don't blame him for being tempted by that, tbh.

Lloris / Vorm
Walker / Yedlin / Davies / Rose
Vertonghen / Fazio / Dier / Chirches
Stambouli / Capoue / Mason / Bentaleb / Dembele
Lamela / Townsend / Eriksen / Chadli / Lennon
Soldado / Kane

Allows us to shift Adebayor, Kaboul, Paulinho and Naughton without the squad being any weaker in my opinion. Maybe move Dembele + one of Lennon / Townsend if you want and bring 1/2 peaces of quality in.

Lloris / Vorm
Soldado / Kane

Allows us to shift Adebayor, Kaboul, Paulinho and Naughton without the squad being any weaker in my opinion. Maybe move Dembele + one of Lennon / Townsend if you want and bring 1/2 peaces of quality in.

That seems relatively reasonable, though I'm not sure we'll be easily shot of Adebayor or Kaboul. Can't see us buying more than 1-2 players unless we get two points or something in December.

Lloris / Vorm
Soldado / Kane

then just bring in Benteke or Jackson Martinez and we're sorted

the league is so fucked this go round if we get a good striker in to help Kane out we could really do some damage in the second half of the season

If we can get through until Jan as we are now they we are well in the game.

Especially if we can get out of the Europa groups and past Newcastle in the cup. Quad probably is not on due to Chelsea but treble, yeah that is all but won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom