January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does ITK stand for or mean exactly? Hear loads of people say it, but haven't got a club.

"In the Know"

99% of it is 13 year olds on twitter making shit up for attention, but it's supposed to be inside info from people who have connections to people within a club or agents and the like

Struggling midfielder probably looking for a new home in January
:dembele:
Bottom of the league strugglers needing a new driving force from midfield
:harrysmile:
That can't not happen can it?
Though I will be gutted to see him leave, but his first few months at the club were so superior to anything he's done since. That first bad hip injury ruined him:avbshock:

Was. That was 2 years ago. Now is a different situation.
My point being that people have short memories.
I see some on here labeling him as never being good, I just wanted to refresh there memories.
I still believe he is a good player, he just doesn't do anything spectacular (which people expect him too).

"In the Know"

99% of it is 13 year olds on twitter making shit up for attention, but it's supposed to be inside info from people who have connections to people within a club or agents and the like

Dear god. Just googled Tottenham itk. My regrets are endless. The amount of bollocks you can find....:chadliblow:

Moutinho
Jackson martinez
Hulk
Schurrle
Howedes
Reus or any other dortmund player because if they continue with their form in the league im sure a few would jump ship into the prem for a decent wage.

Any of those are possible but we will probably end up with defoe back.

Who needs mitchell when you have cunts like us who can play footie manager all day to help our beloved tottenham out. On a more serious note however, whoever is calling for us to sign un proven players like berahino who may i add will be ridiculously over priced at the moment needs to wake up and smell the coffee. We have enough dead wood gelling in our squad as it is, i for one do not want to hear this excuse used for a 3rd season in a row.

Moutinho
Jackson martinez
Hulk
Schurrle
Howedes
Reus or any other dortmund player because if they continue with their form in the league im sure a few would jump ship into the prem for a decent wage.

Any of those are possible but we will probably end up with defoe back.

Who needs mitchell when you have cunts like us who can play footie manager all day to help our beloved tottenham out. On a more serious note however, whoever is calling for us to sign un proven players like berahino who may i add will be ridiculously over priced at the moment needs to wake up and smell the coffee. We have enough dead wood gelling in our squad as it is, i for one do not want to hear this excuse used for a 3rd season in a row.

While we're at it, we may as well get Bale back for a fiver and Ronaldo, as his bum buddy, will naturally come with. That surely completes the list of impossible suggestions?

Did we not sign van der vaart from real madrid ?

Moutinho - plays for a monaco team who promised alot and now are going back on their words
Jackson martinez - plays for a porto team who always sell if the price is right
Howedes - is like a german vertonghen for me if we pursue who says we cant ?
Hulk and schurrle chances are very thin i agree but likewise money talks shurrle hardly gets a sniff and hulk plays in a shitty russian league.
Reus if i remember had a 32.5 million clause in his contract up in till not to long ago but we splashed 30 on lamela instead.

Point im making is if we want to sign any player what so ever i'd rather we went for some one proven and splashed some cash or not bother at all and recruit from the youth teams. Because signing the latest hot shot on the block has come back to bite us in the ass lately and all this uncovering talent bollox we simply cannot afford with the deadwood we have already.

Did we not sign van der vaart from real madrid ?

Moutinho - plays for a monaco team who promised alot and now are going back on their words
Jackson martinez - plays for a porto team who always sell if the price is right
Howedes - is like a german vertonghen for me if we pursue who says we cant ?
Hulk and schurrle chances are very thin i agree but likewise money talks shurrle hardly gets a sniff and hulk plays in a shitty russian league.
Reus if i remember had a 32.5 million clause in his contract up in till not to long ago but we splashed 30 on lamela instead.

Point im making is if we want to sign any player what so ever i'd rather we went for some one proven and splashed some cash or not bother at all and recruit from the youth teams. Because signing the latest hot shot on the block has come back to bite us in the ass lately and all this uncovering talent bollox we simply cannot afford with the deadwood we have already.

Moutinho - He's not going to go to us, he can do better than that.
Martinez - Min offer would have to be 30m for a 28 year old striker who plays in an average league
Howedes - Never heard of, can't comment
Hulk - Would require a huge wage, loves AVB, plays Champions League football. Wouldn't move.
Reus - Got into a Champs League final, won titles, but will join a team that finished 6th?

You seem to think transfer money is the only issue. It isn't. Players aren't going to come to us if they've had Champs League football, won titles or are in their prime. Rues could join any team in the world, yet he'd choose Spurs? Really? Be realistic, for many top players joining Spurs would be a come down.

Martinez - Min offer would have to be 30m for a 28 year old striker who plays in an average league
Hulk - Would require a huge wage, loves AVB, plays Champions League football. Wouldn't move.
Reus - Got into a Champs League final, won titles, but will join a team that finished 6th?

You seem to think transfer money is the only issue. It isn't. Players aren't going to come to us if they've had Champs League football, won titles or are in their prime. Rues could join any team in the world, yet he'd choose Spurs? Really? Be realistic, for many top players joining Spurs would be a come down.

Vdv came to us from madrid, adebayor from city when on a silly wage, lamela from roma when others were swimming around him too, same as modric who was hot property after the euros. And if we dont try and get a big name or two do you think we will be able to if we keep declining with mediocre shit. I aint saying flyout the blocks and throw money at these names but im sure we can find some proven ( when i mean proven i mean 3 years plus at a decent level- not berahino) talent to come and do a job for us for a season or two. We should of done this two or three years ago but didn't and if we dont this jan and we dont get a trophy or a decent place in the league we sure as hell wont be able to in the summer. Im just frustrated with this whole fanboy philosophy of proven means out of reach, or that we need to sign some unknown traveller who has had a decent 12 months so he can hopefully come good for us and make us a bit of profit.

I think that both Reus and Hulk(honestly don't want him either) are out of the question, but the others seem fairly realistic. I'd love for us to sign bothHöwedes and Martinez they'd be lovely signings imo, but I see your point in Martinez' age and fee.

Never heard of the starting LB for the World Cup winning German team?
:paulinhofacepalm::adelol:

Would love to sign moutinho despite his age. In his position you can be brilliant till the age of 35. But we have to get rid of 2-3 cm first. Dembele and Paulinho would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom