January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen us linked with anyone for the past few days, which is pretty weird. Normally about 50% of the footballing world is linked with us.

Has anyone read any transfer news lately?

We've been linked with Icardi from Inter. He'd be a good signing for us, but I think it's unlikely to happen in the january transfer window, seeing as he's a very important part of their squad. He's their top scorer with 7 goals after 12 games.

If Cabaye isn't happy at PSG, then we could do alot worse. He's be a good signing, experienced in this league, can pass a ball, good set piece taker, has a good eye for goal, determined individual and likes to keep possession flowing.

Finally figured this thread out !

"Let's sign ? Or maybe ? Would be a good addition"

" we're shit your having a laugh if they come to us"

" but we can get rid of ? And ? Looks like Likely to leave just £ really "

" ? Excuse = £ ? Excuse = we're shit he won't come to us."

Finish off with a suggestion of a new ? As this cycle drags out for 61 pages .

Well fuck you all ! Cause I asked Santa for bale, modric, vdv, Dawson, Defoe and keane to all comeback in jan ! :avbfu::wansum:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ave-lost-our-confidence-says-Hugo-Lloris.html

Great stuff from Lloris, but also some transfer news of sorts. Jason Burt is usually good.

"However, Spurs are continuing to struggle to adjust to the team changes and tactics of new manager Mauricio Pochettino who has worked his squad hard in training and has tried to rotate as much as possible to maximise his resources and also give all the players – who are, according to sources, effectively on trial – an opportunity to impress."

"Defeats by Liverpool, West Bromwich Albion, Newcastle United and Stoke City certainly led to those regrets, embarrassment and bitter recriminations and even suggestions that Pochettino’s position might be under threat – although the continuing signs from the Spurs hierarchy are that they are planning to move on some of the under-performing players."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ave-lost-our-confidence-says-Hugo-Lloris.html

Great stuff from Lloris, but also some transfer news of sorts. Jason Burt is usually good.

"However, Spurs are continuing to struggle to adjust to the team changes and tactics of new manager Mauricio Pochettino who has worked his squad hard in training and has tried to rotate as much as possible to maximise his resources and also give all the players – who are, according to sources, effectively on trial – an opportunity to impress."

"Defeats by Liverpool, West Bromwich Albion, Newcastle United and Stoke City certainly led to those regrets, embarrassment and bitter recriminations and even suggestions that Pochettino’s position might be under threat – although the continuing signs from the Spurs hierarchy are that they are planning to move on some of the under-performing players."

Just read the article.
That man needs to be made captain permanently.

Natastic (£5m)
Benteke (£20m)
And whoever's gettable out of Shaqiri, Depay or Schurrle

Ship out
Kaboul and Ade to Monaco on a free
Naughton to villa (£4-5m)
Lennon to Hull (£7m)
Paulinho to anyone willing to pay close to £10m

Would be a nett outlay in excess of £25m but reckon this would be somewhat off set by the wage bill being reduced plus the increase in chance of us making CL.

A boy can wish....

Natastic (£5m)
Benteke (£20m)
And whoever's gettable out of Shaqiri, Depay or Schurrle

Ship out
Kaboul and Ade to Monaco on a free
Naughton to villa (£4-5m)
Lennon to Hull (£7m)
Paulinho to anyone willing to pay close to £10m

Would be a nett outlay in excess of £25m but reckon this would be somewhat off set by the wage bill being reduced plus the increase in chance of us making CL.

A boy can wish....

Not sure why Monaco would need/want Kaboul & Ade. Same with Naughton to Villa?

Lennon has played well lately and is a good option to have in the squad.

Thoughts on Charlie Austin? Rumor has it we're interested

I like the idea of it, but I doubt QPR would sell as it would be idiotic of them (as he's their stand out star atm and without him they would surely get relegated?).

Harry could like the idea of selling Austin for ~£10m+ (I'd estimate £12m but they'd ask for £20m) and buying Defore for £6m and then spending £100k or so on 30 other players he used to have in his Merlin Premier League 2003/04 album.

Not sure why Monaco would need/want Kaboul & Ade. Same with Naughton to Villa?

Lennon has played well lately and is a good option to have in the squad.

I like the idea of it, but I doubt QPR would sell as it would be idiotic of them (as he's their stand out star atm and without him they would surely get relegated?).

Harry could like the idea of selling Austin for ~£10m+ (I'd estimate £12m but they'd ask for £20m) and buying Defore for £6m and then spending £100k or so on 30 other players he used to have in his Merlin Premier League 2003/04 album.
I'm sure 'Arry would want Townsend included with any sort of deal made. :harrysmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom