January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny with how people rate transfer targets and wishlists....on one hand, some claim you cant judge our own players properly from tv as it doesnt show the whole picture etc even if you watch every single game of ours for 90 minutes every week.

Then they give detailed descriptions of what their desired targets will provide for this team. I assume Bony fans didnt watch Swansea games every week in the Liberty? Probably didnt even watch more than 2-3 full Swansea games on tv. Maybe you can tell by MOTD for other teams players, but have to be in the ground to judge our own?

On a side note, where is all the Schniderlin pining?

Oh...wait...Stambouli, Mason, Bentaleb and Dembele are all just fine after all. Shame we didnt spend 27M on a DM eh..?

I don't get the rumour about Liverpool wanting to buy Ings now and loan him back to Burnley for the rest of the season?!

The only logic would be if they think someone is going to be able to offer vastly better contract terms to him in the summer...........but then why would Ings take that deal anyway.......

Love his pout . It makes u want to grasp hold of his tie & pull him into your arms & kiss his face off

On a side note , managers & ties , club colour ties more so. Good thing or bad?

I apologies for my frequency of posting today , I am drunk & I have to go out tonight, Super Bowl on Sunday .....I'll be ruined

By alcohol or Mark Hughes???

Funny with how people rate transfer targets and wishlists....on one hand, some claim you cant judge our own players properly from tv as it doesnt show the whole picture etc even if you watch every single game of ours for 90 minutes every week.

Then they give detailed descriptions of what their desired targets will provide for this team. I assume Bony fans didnt watch Swansea games every week in the Liberty? Probably didnt even watch more than 2-3 full Swansea games on tv. Maybe you can tell by MOTD for other teams players, but have to be in the ground to judge our own?

On a side note, where is all the Schniderlin pining?

Oh...wait...Stambouli, Mason, Bentaleb and Dembele are all just fine after all. Shame we didnt spend 27M on a DM eh..?
I would still love to get Schneiderlin. Probably he's leaving for another club than ours in the summer though. Missed our chance last year.

I don't get the rumour about Liverpool wanting to buy Ings now and loan him back to Burnley for the rest of the season?!

The only logic would be if they think someone is going to be able to offer vastly better contract terms to him in the summer...........but then why would Ings take that deal anyway.......
Burnley has made us aware that such a deal would go against PL regulations anyway.

Im glad about that. Enjoying the fact that we are getting to see what we have. New CM combinations forming all the time, rather than just buy an expensive like for like who seems like a bit of an idiot.
Hehe..I know you're not a fan, but personally I think our central midfield needs an upgrade. Signing him would be good for many reasons I think, but one of the best ones is that he knows Poch and the system already.

It's impossible. It's against the rules and can't be done

There may be a couple of court cases if they make a habit of it. I don't think they can be as blatant as they've been with Lampard going forward.
It should not have been allowed anyway. I mean, did Frank even go house hunting in the US? No, he knew from the off he would be at Man City. If they got away with it this year, they will do it again.
Toe in the water.

The Vitesse Arnhem/Chelsea 'subsidiary' fiasco is a con too. Chavs and City are cheats of the highest order. Their money in all essential pies allows them to get away with it. Just how can a 41k stadium sustain such outlays? I hope Merab Jordania's comments that Chelsea told Vitesse not to qualify for CL is investigated properly. Fred Rutten left as he couldn't achieve anything there as CFC would not let them.
"In the winter he brought the team to the top. We had the feeling we needed one more player to win the title, Kelvin Leerdam. The transfer seemed to be a done deal when all of a sudden 'London' intervened. We were not allowed to be too strong. I couldn't explain that to Fred. I had to cover the club and 'London', but it caused a lot of tension and chaos."

Jordania also claimed the sale of Wilfried Bony to Swansea last summerwas sanctioned to prevent Vitesse qualifying for the Champions League. "I wanted to keep Bony in Arnhem for six more months," he said. "I was in touch with Michael Laudrup, the Swansea manager at the time. I told him it was better that he took Bony in the winter, for Vitesse to start strong in the season, but Bony had to be sold."

If anyone wonders why we never were interested in Bony and that he went to no other top 5 club, there is the answer. CFC owned him by proxy.

It should not have been allowed anyway. I mean, did Frank even go house hunting in the US? No, he knew from the off he would be at Man City. If they got away with it this year, they will do it again.
Toe in the water.

The Vitesse Arnhem/Chelsea 'subsidiary' fiasco is a con too. Chavs and City are cheats of the highest order. Their money in all essential pies allows them to get away with it. Just how can a 41k stadium sustain such outlays? I hope Merab Jordania's comments that Chelsea told Vitesse not to qualify for CL is investigated properly. Fred Rutten left as he couldn't achieve anything there as CFC would not let them.
"In the winter he brought the team to the top. We had the feeling we needed one more player to win the title, Kelvin Leerdam. The transfer seemed to be a done deal when all of a sudden 'London' intervened. We were not allowed to be too strong. I couldn't explain that to Fred. I had to cover the club and 'London', but it caused a lot of tension and chaos."

Jordania also claimed the sale of Wilfried Bony to Swansea last summerwas sanctioned to prevent Vitesse qualifying for the Champions League. "I wanted to keep Bony in Arnhem for six more months," he said. "I was in touch with Michael Laudrup, the Swansea manager at the time. I told him it was better that he took Bony in the winter, for Vitesse to start strong in the season, but Bony had to be sold."

If anyone wonders why we never were interested in Bony and that he went to no other top 5 club, there is the answer. CFC owned him by proxy.
There are also allegations of some third party ownership by Chelsea. They've done a few pretty dodgy things, but unless the rules are enforced...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom