January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think we'll ever again see the likes of Klinsmann, a top 5 player in his position, take a chance on coming to spurs instead of the bigger names champions league clubs.

Just seems like those kinds of transfers don't happen any more thanks to money.

Vdv was probably the last one for us but even then he wasn't exactly in the top bracket of players.

the game is so much different these days than the 90's or pre internet era

nowadays there's so much coverage of every league that it's hard to pick a clear top 5 player in most positions, afew obvious players aside

Soldado was a top striker when we shelled out big on him but as yet he hasn't produced the goals

so much more pressure these days to with all the coverage football gets

I'm sure we'll get a top player in again sooner or later but for that to happen we'll need to settle the ship and let Pochettino continue to turn us into an attractive option for top players, alot like we were under Harry when we got VDV

Last edited:
Hearing Dele Alli is nearing completion, with agreements being made between clubs, even Dons fans see us as the most likely destination, I can only keep my fingers crossed

the game is so much different these days than the 90's or pre internet era

nowadays there's so much coverage of every league that it's hard to pick a clear top 5 player in most positions

Soldado was a top striker when we selled out big on him but as yet he hasn't produced the goals

so much more pressure these days to with all the coverage football gets

I'm sure we'll get a top player in again sooner or later but for that to happen we'll need to settle the ship and let Pochettino continue to turn us into an attractive option for top players, alot like we were under Harry when we got VDV
That's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard. You really are the 'Tottenham Wanker' aren't you? Fucking freak.

That's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard. You really are the 'Tottenham Wanker' aren't you? Fucking freak.

im_number_one_so_why_try_harder.gif

Let's start speeding up things ...

... but seriously even though I want him out, rewind back a couple of seasons ... I really liked him. Honestly, there was a time when I liked him more than Bale. I just can't quite understand whatever happened to him: was it his injuries, coaching, or his personal life? Anyway, if he does leave (and I hope he does), then good luck to him and I will fondly remember his moments like that AC Milan game.

Jesus..almost 10 years. Had some great moments, some so / so etc. Don't see why he's being rushed out the door...would love to know the inside story

Jesus..almost 10 years. Had some great moments, some so / so etc. Don't see why he's being rushed out the door...would love to know the inside story

come on mate the bloke was a better player when he broke into the team all them years ago than he is now

he should be in his prime now ripping fullbacks to pieces but he's regressed

I think it's pretty obvious he doesn't give 100% anymore and hasn't for sum time

I'm going to be gutted when Lennon leaves. Sure he's probably past it now but he's been one of my favorite players since he joined Spurs. Weird that all the old boys will be gone after his departure. Isn't it when him and Kaboul leave that Rose is our longest tenured player. Hope a lot of the current crop like Kane, Mason, Bentaleb stay for a long time here. It sucks to flip the playing staff over every five years. Don't get that same level of familiarity.

come on mate the bloke was a better player when he broke into the team all them years ago than he is now

he should be in his prime now ripping fullbacks to pieces but he's regressed

I think it's pretty obvious he doesn't give 100% anymore and hasn't for sum time
I get where your coming from, but this is a player who is 27, has 270 ish Spurs games behind him & 20 odd England caps, he's not a Jamie O'Hara is he ? ...I am just curious as to how it's possible that he rarely even gets a sub appearance now he's certainly not that shit so as not not justify a place on the bench ?

Having been here 10years it's not really rushed!?

Joking aside, i'm also a bit surprised he hasn't featured more given his work rate as a midfielder rather than just a winger. In that respect he has been solid for a long time, you'd think it would suit Poch.

DIE DIE DIE

I saw this, seems very shitly put together and unrealistic, Jay Rod is injured and would be far to much of a risk at this moment in time, Laporte is left footed, very expensive, linked with Manure, so unless we sell Jan(god forbid) this isn't likely. Cabaye seems the most probably of the three but a £60 million splurge with Levy at the helm and hardly any outgoings, yeah right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom