January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlad gone, leaves us with Vert, Fazio, Dier and Kaboul(who could be on his way himself), we need another CB if we lose another also only Yedlin as RB cover(counting Dier as a centre half) we may look to get him involved I guess

Would love Mirallas but that seems cheap and it is the daily fail. Think the player would have to ask to leave as can't see Everton willingly letting him go as he's probably been there best player this season.

I'm not quite getting this. Naughton gone, Lennon going, Chiriches going, maybe Paulinho or Adebayor too. Yet seemingly no one coming in. How can this possibly be seen as strengthening the team with so much still to play for ?.....Am I missing something. Surely we'd be going into the second half of the season with a weaker squad than what we started with. Surely only Spurs would comprehend such a policy.

I'm not quite getting this. Naughton gone, Lennon going, Chiriches going, maybe Paulinho or Adebayor too. Yet seemingly no one coming in. How can this possibly be seen as strengthening the team with so much still to play for ?.....Am I missing something. Surely we'd be going into the second half of the season with a weaker squad than what we started with. Surely only Spurs would comprehend such a policy.
No worries John. Shifting the wage burden can only pave pave the way for the unsettled Messi.

No worries John. Shifting the wage burden can only pave pave the way for the unsettled Messi.
It's not exactly like they are first team regulars anyways, it's only goin to allow us to bring some more academy products/foreign talent(that Messi bloke sounds decent), cause currently they are all stealing money off my dearest club for doing hardly anything(some more than others)

I'd be a disaster waiting to happen if we sell Vlad without bringing another defender in. He is also our back-up for Walker since Yedlin doesn't appear to be anywhere near ready. We haven't been linked with any centre-backs this window, have we?

Let's start speeding up things ...

... but seriously even though I want him out, rewind back a couple of seasons ... I really liked him. Honestly, there was a time when I liked him more than Bale. I just can't quite understand whatever happened to him: was it his injuries, coaching, or his personal life? Anyway, if he does leave (and I hope he does), then good luck to him and I will fondly remember his moments like that AC Milan game.

I think Lennon's time in Tottenham is over, but the way some people are treating him(same goes for when Dawson left) is ridiculous. He's been a loyal servant to the club for 10 years. Personally I'd like to thank him for his service to this club, and wish him good luck in the future!

Does anyone think we'll ever again see the likes of Klinsmann, a top 5 player in his position, take a chance on coming to spurs instead of the bigger names champions league clubs.

Just seems like those kinds of transfers don't happen any more thanks to money.

Vdv was probably the last one for us but even then he wasn't exactly in the top bracket of players.

Does anyone think we'll ever again see the likes of Klinsmann, a top 5 player in his position, take a chance on coming to spurs instead of the bigger names champions league clubs.

Vdv was probably the last one for us but even then he wasn't exactly in the top bracket of players.

Get what you mean a gazza wouldn't come our way these days unfortunatly. We just have to spot them before they get big time I guess like Kane and Eriksen.

I'd like to think it'd happen again ...
When we signed Hugo from Lyon, he was seen by many as one of the best keepers in the world... Does that count? :llorishuh:

I think we will Jimmy - we just need to carry on what we are doing now IMO. Sexy London club with a dolphin fixation - bla bla bla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom