January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
so January - normally a small turnover and would say should be the same for this January transfer period.
Surely Poch, Levy would have got together to nominate 2 or 3 key signings.
Positions that need some attention imo are Striker, Left and Right Winger. Right fullback will be sorted with Walker returning plus Yedlin joining though without expectations.

In -
1.Striker - Rodriguez i guess will top priority and would accept him if the research says he has recovered. But we are at risk if someone leaves cause Rodriguez will not have demonstrated he could work at THFC. If Soton plus a silly price on him I would wait till the summer.
2. Winger - likely names we need some pace - Redmond, Dyer.
3. Qualified by - if Isco is available on loan - take him.

Out (sale and/or loans)-
BAE, either Adabayor/Soldado (best price of either), Lennon, Naughton and if Isco is available - loan Paulinho.

When it comes to wages we are not bottom of the league (6th I believe), so we do spend money, We have not spent it wisely the last few seasons, that's the issue. Our huge squad is expensive to pay. Imv it should be smaller, with youth providing squad depth. As of now that job is given to highly paid players like Paulinho, Chiriches and Lennon. If we had fewer senior players on the books we could afford a few "special" ones, both in terms of transfer fees and wages.

Very good point and something I have been saying for a while with mason and Kane showing up most of our best players I don't see the point of signing average/ok players, better to get two class players than five who are not an improvement of what already exists.

Personally I would sell paulinho, dembele, soldado, ade, Lennon, Townsend and chirches. We would only really need then to buy two strikers and perhaps a winger to replace that lot and hopefully get a better quality of player. I would favour barihino and benteke, not sure about the wingers but there must be a better winger than Lennon and Townsend around.

We should ship some high paid shit out, allow a few more kids a go. Has not done any harm this season.

Out:

Naughton (If Yedlin comes) as there is no need for both
Kaboul (Can't see it happening though)
Chiriches (shit)
Ekotto (Done)
Paulinho (Shit)
Lennon (Doesn't offer much these days)
Soldado (Can't score)
Adebayor (Playing shit)

We should ship some high paid shit out, allow a few more kids a go. Has not done any harm this season.

Out:

Chiriches (shit)
Ekotto (Done)
Paulinho (Shit)
Soldado (Can't score)
Adebayor (Playing shit)

The wages we waste on these players as well a good squad trim will be good.

Out:

Chiriches (shit)
Ekotto (Done)
Paulinho (Shit)
Soldado (Can't score)
Adebayor (Playing shit)
Absolutely no chance we will or should sell our two senior strikers in one January window

After watching how effective Benteke was against us today he's strong, fast great in the air can use both feet and he's got a nasty side to him like Costa something we lack up top a bit of bite, defenders don't fear our forward line.

We should go in for him this January as he should be cheaper to get after his resent injury problems. I would prefer him over Jay Rodrigues who is still injured and yet to prove his fitness but would cost a similar amount.

After watching how effective Benteke was against us today he's strong, fast great in the air can use both feet and he's got a nasty side to him like Costa something we lack up top a bit of bite, defenders don't fear our forward line.

We should go in for him this January as he should be cheaper to get after his resent injury problems. I would prefer him over Jay Rodrigues who is still injured and yet to prove his fitness but would cost a similar amount.
He is probably Villa's only lifeline to stay up. I can't see them letting him go at all, but definitely not cheap.

He is probably Villa's only lifeline to stay up. I can't see them letting him go at all, but definitely not cheap.
No of course he wouldn't come cheap. But he won't cost as much as he would have if he had a season like his first and he's coming back from a major injury. We are screaming out for a top quality striker so we should put an offer in.

We know since he handed in a transfer request before that he'd be willing to join. So if we put a good offer in maybe a player plus cash both clubs could benefit. No club fighting relegation wants an unhappy player stinking the place out and our squad is too large we need to get some players out.

Lloris / Vorm
Walker / Yedlin / Davies / Rose

Vertonghen / Fazio / Stones / Dier
Mason / Bentaleb / Stambouli / Capoue / Eriksen /
Schniederlin
Lamela / Townsend / Soldado / Volland / Kane / Rodriguez

Out:
Naughton, Ekotto, Kaboul, Chirches, Paulinho, Dembele, Holtby, Lennon, Adebyor.
In:
Stones, Schneiderlin, Volland, Rodriguez

Transfer window done.

History made for the most active January in the world.

Spurs go on to win the JPT in 4 years time.

Lloris / Vorm
Walker / Yedlin / Davies / Rose

Vertonghen / Fazio / Stones / Dier
Mason / Bentaleb / Stambouli / Capoue / Eriksen /
Schniederlin
Lamela / Townsend / Soldado / Volland / Kane / Rodriguez

Out:
Naughton, Ekotto, Kaboul, Chirches, Paulinho, Dembele, Holtby, Lennon, Adebyor.
In:
Stones, Schneiderlin, Volland, Rodriguez

Transfer window done.

History made for the most active January in the world.

Spurs go on to win the JPT in 4 years time.

Everton will never sell us Stones but for an outrageous bid he is top draw though would be over the moon if he came to us.

Schneiderlin is possible not sure what that would mean for Benji.

rather Benteke or Barinhino than Rodriquez but if Poch wants him we should back him.

really don't know enough about Volland, whats he like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom