January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And surely Mason has helped solve the Schniderlin fetish for now?

As people are saying this window is for selling and maybe a hostile grab of a striker (unlikely)
Mason isn't strong enough at the moment, we are too easy to play against, he lets people go past him too easy much like Eriksen does. Until this changes, he is on the bench, rotating.

Its ,OK, I've had a word and he understands..

And surely Mason has helped solve the Schniderlin fetish for now?

As people are saying this window is for selling and maybe a hostile grab of a striker (unlikely)

I still think Schneirderlin would be a quality addition. Capoue has been bad the last few games. Schneiderlin could easily play next to Mason and that would be a dynamic pivot. Depends on Capoue and Stambouli's form going forward to see if it's worth spending the cash though.

ENIC finally decide to invest before making the money back.

Don't forget we are selling:

Townsend
Paulinho
Soldado
Adebayor
Kaboul
Naughton

Thats a good £30mil EASY.

If you want we can sell Lloris for £60mil and we are there.

Listen I think ENIC should be net spending 20m a summer at least going forward considering the amount of summers in a row where we've made a profit on transfers. But going in for 100m just isn't realistic at all.

Listen I think ENIC should be net spending 20m a summer at least going forward considering the amount of summers in a row where we've made a profit on transfers. But going in for 100m just isn't realistic at all.
Didn't say it was realistic, just easy.

Tbf, I'd probably sell my soul to have a midfield three consisting of a combination of Schneiderlin, Cabaye, Mason with Eriksen, and Bentaleb capable of coming in as well.

I still think Schneirderlin would be a quality addition. Capoue has been bad the last few games. Schneiderlin could easily play next to Mason and that would be a dynamic pivot. Depends on Capoue and Stambouli's form going forward to see if it's worth spending the cash though.

I posted that especially for you mate! Hope LSE and London treating you well even when spurs aren't

Tbf, I'd probably sell my soul to have a midfield three consisting of a combination of Schneiderlin, Cabaye, Mason with Eriksen, and Bentaleb capable of coming in as well.
More selection problems. This isn't helping. Who in da cups, and who in da League? Your pure soul isn't worth that.

Schneirderlin is HG too. Lovely bonus. For me Mason / Bentelab / Scnhneiderlin and one of Capoue / Stambouli would suffice for CM.

Schneirderlin is HG too. Lovely bonus. For me Mason / Bentelab / Scnhneiderlin and one of Capoue / Stambouli would suffice for CM.

Totally agree, that would be superb. There's no chance we're getting Cabaye, but he's an incredible player. Newcastle completely went to pieces last winter when they lost him after a strong first half of their season.

We could, I don't know I'm just guessing and it doesn't seem like one we'd get. Seems tailor made to end up at the scum though replacing Arteta.
Know what you mean, but we've fallen a long way if we're not in the frame. I guess we feel a bit impotent at the moment in the market.

What's our top player on? Last time I heard it was Adebayor on 120. Cat see anyone established wanting to come for that.
So we have to be more ambitious. It's not like we can't afford it. 12th richest club in the world and all that. The powers that be have brainwashed many people into thinking that this is beyond us. It isn't.

Realistically id like to see Yedlin come in as I think Poch's system is dependant om the wingbacks having an engine and being able to press, and we know he can do that from his appearances for the USA.

I dont see us spending the required amount money on a striker in January (Bony, please) so probably Pauline out on loan and not much else happening.
Kyle will be back by then. No need to rush Yedlins development;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom