January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton will never sell us Stones but for an outrageous bid he is top draw though would be over the moon if he came to us.

Schneiderlin is possible not sure what that would mean for Benji.

rather Benteke or Barinhino than Rodriquez but if Poch wants him we should back him.

really don't know enough about Volland, whats he like?

How I was imagining was the players coupled up rotating positions in a 3 man midfield:

Mason / Bentaleb
Stambouli / Capoue
Eriksen /Schniederlin

Volland is great on FM and great on youtube. I didn't know much else but someone on here said he was massive talent.

Benteke would be great also. Beast of a man.

Perhaps good looking?
Non-negotiable, imv

7/10

Kevin+Volland+Russia+v+Germany+KkvS8bAgNqcl.jpg

We will be buying nobody.
Most clubs are reluctant to sell players in January.
Did we not extend Paulinho's contract to 2018 last year. Can't see Real Madrid being interested now. The players everyone wants us to sell won't go unless their contracts are matched or bettered. Can't see any of the ones everyone wants sold going otherwise. They don't have to.
You can bet that Hugo will be going sooner than later, hence the Vorm signing. We improved his contract so he will stay until next summer. If we don't meet his expectations he will be off. There may be a hefty price tag clause if anyone comes in for him Jan, but I expect him to be gone in the summer. Probably to PSG for bundles which will part fund our buying.

We need to sell players to buy players so I cannot see anyone coming in until next summer. We may do a couple of loan deals.

Players I would like to see go are:
Dembele: Not done a lot since he came. His slow playing style, lack of goals and creativity mean we are very sterile when he plays alongside a DM. Not done enough when he does play and is injury prone.
Adebayor: too inconsistent for someone who only contributes when he scores goals. Doesn't worry defenders and is easy to play.
BAE: what the fuck is he still doing here
Vlad: Not because I necessarily think he's shit, but if he ain't going to play sell him and buy someone else.
Paulinho: Like him, but unfortunately he is not going to figure much unless he has a drastic turnaround in form.

We should get at least £35m and trim the wage bill considerably.

Adebayor is out of contract in July next year. So, will we see a turnaround in his form from December onwards, will he be busting a gut like he was at Old Trafford last year or has his agent got a free transfer deal lined up?

Levy is a kunt who never pays top fees unless it's breaking even from another player sale.

So my honest prediction is we sign 1 or 2 average cheap players and maybe 1 or 2 loans while selling whoever will go.

I'd love to see 3-5 in, but it won't happen.

-------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker Williams Vertonghen..Davies/Rose
------------Schniderlin Song------------------
------------------Cabaye------------------------
---------Lamela------Rodriguez
-----------------Benteke-----

Not being funny but that is a much stronger team, more importnatly much harder to play against, will work hard, stop oppositions teams but still has creativity and goals. No pipe dream signings there either.
Song is a bit ridiculous but he's a better player than anyone we have got there at the moment imo.
Winston Reid on a free from West Ham for some cover (Kaboul retires/moves back to France).

Bench: Eriksen (yes, I went there), Chadli, Capoue, Kane, Fazio, Vorm - actually thats a shit bench but its OK, we won't need to make any subs.

Sold:
Townsend - £10mil to Southampton, as part of Schnidelin deal.
Paulinho - anywhere
Adebayor - get him off the wages
Soldado - anywhere

Fuck off Baldini this shit is easy.

Kane off the bench to win us games when not going to plan.

Get it done Levy.

-------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker Williams Vertonghen..Davies/Rose
------------Schniderlin Song------------------
------------------Cabaye------------------------
---------Lamela------Rodriguez
-----------------Benteke-----

Not being funny but that is a much stronger team, more importnatly much harder to play against, will work hard, stop oppositions teams but still has creativity and goals. No pipe dream signings there either.
Song is a bit ridiculous but he's a better player than anyone we have got there at the moment imo.
Winston Reid on a free from West Ham for some cover (Kaboul retires/moves back to France).

Bench: Eriksen (yes, I went there), Chadli, Capoue, Kane, Fazio, Vorm - actually thats a shit bench but its OK, we won't need to make any subs.

Sold:
Townsend - £10mil to Southampton, as part of Schnidelin deal.
Paulinho - anywhere
Adebayor - get him off the wages
Soldado - anywhere

Fuck off Baldini this shit is easy.

Kane off the bench to win us games when not going to plan.

Get it done Levy.

Maybe they aren't pipe dreams individually, but spending close to 100m and bringing in six first eleven players sure is.

And surely Mason has helped solve the Schniderlin fetish for now?

As people are saying this window is for selling and maybe a hostile grab of a striker (unlikely)

Surely having the money from selling the world's most expensive player isn't replicable.
ENIC finally decide to invest before making the money back.

Don't forget we are selling:

Townsend
Paulinho
Soldado
Adebayor
Kaboul
Naughton

Thats a good £30mil EASY.

If you want we can sell Lloris for £60mil and we are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom