January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about John Obi Mikel, would Chelsea sell to us? We're desperately missing a dynamic player going forward. :pochlol:

John Guidetti is a Celtic player on loan from Man City. He looks an absolutely cracking striker at the moment. Almost digging Celtic out of their hole just now singlehandedly. I'd be interested in him if I was any premier league manager. He looks hungry, enthusiastic, is gaining terrific confidence up north and is a character. Guaranteed superstar.

John Guidetti is a Celtic player on loan from Man City. He looks an absolutely cracking striker at the moment. Almost digging Celtic out of their hole just now singlehandedly. I'd be interested in him if I was any premier league manager. He looks hungry, enthusiastic, is gaining terrific confidence up north and is a character. Guaranteed superstar.
I had a very vivid dream during the 2013 summer transfer window where I was quizzing Levy about transfers. He told me we would sign Guidetti, so I'm just waiting for that precognition to finally go through :ledley:

Did you read the whole article? Levy would have to throw some serious money at him by the sounds of it! You think that'll happen? It's only one source but sounds decent!

Levy has never seemed to have a problem throwing big contracts at new staff, you only have to look at the kind of money we were paying AVB to see that.

No different to what we were paying Redknapp or Poch now

Yeah, and it's pretty generous, not to mention the fees he has been willing to pay to get coaching staff in the past. Wasn't there a big pay off to Sevilla for Ramos? Can't imagine that Baldini is on a paupers wage either.

Yeah, and it's pretty generous, not to mention the fees he has been willing to pay to get coaching staff in the past. Wasn't there a big pay off to Sevilla for Ramos? Can't imagine that Baldini is on a paupers wage either.
There was a stat recently (12 months or so ago) indicating we were second/third in the PL in terms of agents fees paid (only behind City and Chelsea). Levy's mistakes and lack of patience have been costly to say the least - we could have used the balance on some decent players instead of having virtually 0 net spend in 6-7 years

When it comes to wages we are not bottom of the league (6th I believe), so we do spend money, We have not spent it wisely the last few seasons, that's the issue. Our huge squad is expensive to pay. Imv it should be smaller, with youth providing squad depth. As of now that job is given to highly paid players like Paulinho, Chiriches and Lennon. If we had fewer senior players on the books we could afford a few "special" ones, both in terms of transfer fees and wages.

Sincerely hope we dont lose Hugo but id love to see Butland brought in if he goes and promised the number 1 slot. We will be in full-on "transition mode" if we lose Hugo so it would be the perfect time to get a young Englishman in and give him time to bed in. Good for the HG rule too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom