Isco - the player we need

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

square sausage should be outlawed.
Is that like Spam?
spamplate_300x380.jpg

Fucken hell mate. Normally I'd laugh at such a statement, but in today's climate of executive orders I fear such prohibition
given the health fears over processed meats, one less on the shelves of butchers and supermarkets would not be aloss. While they are at it those nasty frankfurters in brine in a tin, where you can feel the shards of bone grit when you eat them, should also face
Is that like Spam?
spamplate_300x380.jpg
So-Stupid.gif

It wasn't a witch hunt as you saw for yourself having read the thread, he was gradually just making it worse.

Making it worse? It's not like a load of people didn't jump down the guys throat when he referred to us as "The Spurs".
...which I might add, is a perfectly fair and often used term in North London parlance as one would "go down the Spurs" in the same way one would "go down the pub".

Making it worse? It's not like a load of people didn't jump down the guys throat when he referred to us as "The Spurs".
...which I might add, is a perfectly fair and often used term in North London parlance as one would "go down the Spurs" in the same way one would "go down the pub".

Yes but that is very much an acceptable sentence. It's actually short for I'm going down to the pub. I'm going down to pub is just daft. I'm going down Spurs is equally as daft, but the sentence should in fact be "I'm going down to White Hart Lane" not "I'm going down to the Spurs."

I think it's time to put this thread to bed until the Summer... when we can dust it down, and laugh/reflect on how far off the mark we were!!

This thread has evolved greatly since its painful beginning. I don't think I'm alone in saying that it has captured the spirit of our times
You clearly never experienced the thread that was; THE SOCK!

This is relative obscurity compared to that whole endless kerfuffle!!

why does everybody here think it would be so weird for Isco to play for Spurs??? We are challenging for the title - he's struggling to get into the RM team. His wages are quite low (60.000). We've had the best players in the world here - and he's not on that level yet - so what's the inferiority complex?

We can get him into the team and it would take us up a notch. It's not fanciful -its basic transfer stuff.

We are spurs (ok we are THE spurs) - we are the best young team in England- rivalling the best young team in Europe (might be Dortmund right now - but we can give them a fight ) - Isco has spent years being not loved Zidane likes him but doesn't make him central to RM- and he can come here and combine with Dele and Harry - - I can't see many teams in Europe matching us.
I agree with you insofar as to say that Isco should be interested in a transfer to us. It's surely a possibility. You would have received less cyber violence had you not littered your comments with mental statements about Dembele and Eriksen, and if you had merely contributed to the appropriate transfer thread. Instead you sought some drama. For this, Serg, I will now know you by the sobriquet, Darling Queenie.

But do not despair, I got more shit for suggesting we sign the much feted John McGinn (a young Dembele) and for outright saying that Josh Onomah is pish. You shanned off the Crown Jewels and got yer knickers in a twist when the forum rejected you as cunt extraordinaire.

Having watched a lot of Real - I rexkon Isco is the player we need to link everything up and frighten defences ( along with Harry Winks in midfield) . I have given up on Ericksen - way too inconsistent from my pov. We need to step up a level and Isco is the player that the Arse were hoping Ozil would be - Isco in a Spurs team would open up these teams playing 10-0 and in the big ganes he'd be a battler.

My dream changes for the next six months - Isco and Winks in as regulars.

I agree Isco would be a great acquisition, but strongly disagree about Eriksen.

There is a breakfast sausage from a North Carolina company that I like
On a roll wi broon sauce. Also worth a go on a roll wi fried onions and a tattie scone. It must be a proper roll - nane o yer pish baps or yer Aberdeen rowies (dear Christ, the baker's abortion).
What is this broon sauce of which you speak?

Is it just me or does "Focaccia" sound like something you'd slur at someone when offensively drunk?

EDIT:

(...And Spam's "world class digital wrap" sounds like some kind of downloadable sandwich.)

Back
Top Bottom