Isco - the player we need

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Processing pork is honestly Spain's greatest contribution to humanity. My family is only part-Spanish (Cubans), and my grandmother's pork is still the greatest food I've ever tasted.

Personally, I think the Spanish did this out of spite, out of their hatred towards Muslims (who of course hate pork) after la reconquista, but of course I can't prove this, and I was laughed at when I suggested it at Thanksgiving in Key Biscayne like 5 years ago.
It's not such a wacky theory you know, Christopher HItchens raises it in "God is not Great".
Go to any Spanish home for lunch and you'll be offered some sort of jamón, chorizo, salchichón etc as an aperitivo, it may well have started out as a way to catch out backsliders and people who hadn't really given up the old ways - remember that Jews were also expelled along with the Muslims in 1492, another group not exactly known for their love of pork.

SausageVince - look out for pork products that mention "Jabugo", that's the absolute creme de la creme

sobre-de-100grs-de-jamon-serrano-de-salamanca-loncheado-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
well how many premier league and champions league managers are so convinced by him. You're the expert - why has he never played in a champions league or premier league winning team - because you think all those managers from all those teams offered so much money for him?
ffs

THE clueless cunt manager of Belgium wouldn't even start him ahead of Witsel and/or Nainggolan. It doesn't mean he is right.

I don't know who had the stats, or where they came from, but last season someone listed stats showing how our team did (points per game) with and without Dembele. It was also shown how many goals Kane was scoring per game with and without Dembele. It was pretty fucking obvious that people should've been convinced by him. And if they didn't trust those stats, they could check out his individual stats.

He isn't the player most featured in the highlights. He doesn't assist or score a lot. Neither did Modric. Was he not good enough either? Thank god Real Madrid took him off our books, aye?

Check out this: https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016

Ranked fourth on average rating in Premier League, 2015/16: Moussa Dembele. Despite not scoring or assisting much, which is what often scores best on ratings. His defensive contributions were among the best in the league (check his tackling stat, or just watch him dominate a midfield in a game). His offensive contributions were top notch as well, although they may largely go unnoticed.

In the top ten dribblers in the league, in most dribbles per game, he's number 7. The rest of the top dribblers range from 1.6 to 3.4 unsuccesful dribbles per game. Moussa? 0.2. You may think that dribbling as a CDM is not very important. I'd say that's what makes him unique, what makes him our most important player, and an important part of why he's the best player in the league.

In the modern game, pressing high up the pitch is a tool to dominate possession, to control the game, to defend far from your goal and to win the ball in dangerous positions. It is important. You can watch our players chase the ball like crazy as soon as an opponent carrying the ball if facing his own keeper, or as soon as someone plays a backpass.

A basic rule in football is that if the guy carrying the ball is under pressure, unable to play a through ball, you can push your team up. If he can play a through ball, you need to pull back. If opponents try to deploy that basic rule when Dembele looks to be in trouble, they will be fucked right in the pussy. He'll simply turn around, dribble whatever cunt tries to put him under pressure, and the opponents will find themselves exposed. Noone comes close to doing that as smoothly and efficiently as Dembele. He exposes the opponents, and they have two choices: To throw people at him, to re-establish pressure, or to pull back. If they do the first, he can either dribble past the next guy to come at him, or lay the ball off to someone else who is facing the right way who can exploit the exposed opponent. If they do the latter, there will be a lot of space to exploit between the opponent's back line and midfield, that players like Alli, Lamela, Kane and Eriksen thrive in.

His qualities are of vital importance to our success. His suspension and early injury, along with the time it took to get him fit again, really hurt us in the early parts of the season. Now that he's back, we're back. He's what makes us tick.

It's laughable when fans of other teams doesn't recognize it. Frustrating when pundits and "experts" chosing a "Team of the Year" or a "Player of the Year" doesn't see it. When The Spurs fans doesn't see it though, it can be infuriating. I guess that's why you've been called a cunt for your opinions.

The castle's decent and has nice views as I remember, so's the Picasso Museum if you're after a bit of culture. If you fancy an excursion, Ronda is spectacular (the drive there is as well), Mijas is nearer and also nice, both traditional Andalusian villages.
Cheers - Picasso museum with the bairn. That should suitably fuck him up.

He's not wrong in principle though. Eriksen has been inconsistent at times if you look at his entire history with us. When he is on his game we play much more effectively, but when he's not we're often slowed down....and he's had plenty of off games in his time with us (albeit less these days than in the early days). People sometimes need to take off the rose tinted glasses. Do I advocate him being replaced myself? No, of course not. But it doesn't mean they OP's opinion is thoroughly and totally without foundation, because it's not.

So, again, I don't think the core of what he's saying is totally unreasonable and justifies the abuse he's getting.

I think you've all piled on so much that you're not looking for any excuse to continue giving the guy shit. But as someone who hasn't participated in this thread until now, can see how it's spiralled into something of a witch hunt.

It wasn't a witch hunt as you saw for yourself having read the thread, he was gradually just making it worse.

It's not such a wacky theory you know, Christopher HItchens raises it in "God is noit Great".
Go to any Spanish home for lunch and you'll be offered some sort of jamón, chorizo, salchichón etc as an aperitivo, it may well have started out as a way to catch out backsliders and people who hadn't really given up the old ways - remember that Jews were also expelled along with the Muslims in 1492, another group not exactly known for their love of pork.

SausageVince - look out for pork products that mention "Jabugo", that's the absolute creme de la creme

sobre-de-100grs-de-jamon-serrano-de-salamanca-loncheado-300x300.jpg
Picked up a packet of the best iberico ham i could find in the central market for my eldest son who arrives tonight. It was an eye watering price for a packet of cold meat. Not Bernard Matthew's wafer thin turkey ham, that's for sure.

Picked up a packet of the best iberico ham i could find in the central market for my eldest son who arrives tonight. It was an eye watering price for a packet of cold meat. Not Bernard Matthew's wafer thin turkey ham, that's for sure.
Tourists coming on here giving their opinions on cold meats like a fucking expert. Oh i can't have the Mathews turkey slices or the Tescos value ham, must be premium Spanish pork to take my meal to the next level.
:pochfacepalm:Entitled cunts on here.

:sonlol:Enjoy your break x

I'm a big fan of cured pork whether it be sausage, ham or bacon. I thought here in the southern US we were the kings of pork, but apparently the Spanish are.
Where in southern US?
I worked in Galveston quite a bit but I wouldn't compare the Texan cuisine with Iberian - it would be like comparing a good defender with a good attacker. Both good but not comparable

Where in southern US?
I worked in Galveston quite a bit but I wouldn't compare the Texan cuisine with Iberian - it would be like comparing a good defender with a good attacker. Both good but not comparable
I'm in North Carolina, you can't hardly turn around here without seeing some sort of barbecue place that specializes in pulled pork. We also have quite a few smallish shops where you can get really good sausages and bacon fresh from the farm.

Will Isco bring sausage with him to the Lane? Or whatever the fuck the new stadium ends up being called?

Black heart lane. Really strike fear into everyone. Change it from all white to a big mount doom looking fucker with black smoke billowing out of it before every home game.

Whatever it's called though, I'm sure Isco will bring his big thick chorizo with him. :ledleylick:

Back
Top Bottom