Isco - the player we need

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having watched a lot of Real - I rexkon Isco is the player we need to link everything up and frighten defences ( along with Harry Winks in midfield) . I have given up on Ericksen - way too inconsistent from my pov. We need to step up a level and Isco is the player that the Arse were hoping Ozil would be - Isco in a Spurs team would open up these teams playing 10-0 and in the big ganes he'd be a battler.

My dream changes for the next six months - Isco and Winks in as regulars.

Having watched a lot of Real - I rexkon Isco is the player we need to link everything up and frighten defences ( along with Harry Winks in midfield) . I have given up on Ericksen - way too inconsistent from my pov. We need to step up a level and Isco is the player that the Arse were hoping Ozil would be - Isco in a Spurs team would open up these teams playing 10-0 and in the big ganes he'd be a battler.

My dream changes for the next six months - Isco and Winks in as regulars.
His situation should be resolved this summer one way or another as his contract runs out in June 2018. Worth remembering that he is one of the lowest paid first teamers, earns around £38,000 a week after tax.
The rumour here is that Zidane wants him to sign a new contract but can't guarantee him more game time and the club don't want to pay him much more, two things he sees as essential.

Bernardo Silva, Isco, Berandeschi, Lacazette all fit into the category of player we need (top draw AM/forward) but they will cost £40-60 million. For me that is the type of player that will make the difference between a title and 2-4th with us. It's the missing ingredient, we have everything else.

Unfortunately we have a tight budget so we will have to be chancers in the market and hope to get a similar quality player but under the radar which is much harder.

While I'm all for the move for Isco (if the money is there,) I don't know about moving for him to replace Eriksen. I'd be happy to roll out Eriksen, Dele and Isco behind Harry Kane allowing Sonny to come off the bench against tired defenders with his energy late in games.

I'm also not ready to write off Janssen or Sissoko yet.

I'd much rather be smarter about this and spend the money on Vincenzo Grifo and Bruno Fernandes instead of Isco. We could probably also get both of them for the same price and wages as just Isco.

Bernardo Silva, Isco, Berandeschi, Lacazette all fit into the category of player we need (top draw AM/forward) but they will cost £40-60 million. For me that is the type of player that will make the difference between a title and 2-4th with us. It's the missing ingredient, we have everything else.

Unfortunately we have a tight budget so we will have to be chancers in the market and hope to get a similar quality player but under the radar which is much harder.
I get that were on a tight budget but dont forget we spent 47 mil on sissoko and jansenn in the summer, I would much rather we splash big cash on 1 player that is really going to take us to the next level than 2 squad players

I get that were on a tight budget but dont forget we spent 47 mil on sissoko and jansenn in the summer, I would much rather we splash big cash on 1 player that is really going to take us to the next level than 2 squad players

Agree but there is also wages and we struggle when compared to some.

Let's just be thankful who have at the moment and they decide to stay. Our squad is envy of most as it is. Wishful thinking gets you nowhere. Would not give up on our squad just yet,

Back
Top Bottom