Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much as losing Lloris would suck big time, there's plenty of examples of great teams with not so great goalies. It would be much easier to replace him than Modric, Bale, VdV etc. Pool got 2nd last year with Mignolet (lol) between the sticks. Krul and Begovic are both good shouts imo.
Pool would have almost certainly got 1st though if they had Lloris between the sticks instead of Mingolet. Aside from the fact it gives our defenders more confidence to push up a bit and press (which is important) he also without a doubt wins us several points a season single handedly through his saves. For example against West Ham with his save on Downing and his save against Mertesackers header along with others against Woolwich. These saves are ones I doubt would be made by Mignolet and co, thus he has already potentially saved us 3 points already this season. That and some good derby points.

Pool would have almost certainly got 1st though if they had Lloris between the sticks instead of Mingolet. Aside from the fact it gives our defenders more confidence to push up a bit and press (which is important) he also without a doubt wins us several points a season single handedly through his saves. For example against West Ham with his save on Downing and his save against Mertesackers header along with others against Woolwich. These saves are ones I doubt would be made by Mignolet and co, thus he has already potentially saved us 3 points already this season. That and some good derby points.
I'm not doubting his contribution, just saying he's easier to replace, or more accurately, he would be less missed than a Bale or a Modric. Having said that though, should we sell Lloris and fail to strenghten the team in other areas, we will certainly feel his absence.

10616525_300903123448550_887172801279501729_n.jpg

I'm not doubting his contribution, just saying he's easier to replace, or more accurately, he would be less missed than a Bale or a Modric. Having said that though, should we sell Lloris and fail to strenghten the team in other areas, we will certainly feel his absence.
Judging by the picture Yorkshire posted after you, i would disagree. Say we replaced him with a keeper whose save % was 60% that means (in theory) we'd concede 25% more goals... and we aren't exactly free scoring at the minute.

i feel like some dickhead is going to try and be clever and say my maths is wrong so

75% is 15 more than 60% and 15% is one quarter of 60%. Ergo, 75% is a 25% increase on the original 60

Judging by the picture Yorkshire posted after you, i would disagree. Say we replaced him with a keeper whose save % was 60% that means (in theory) we'd concede 25% more goals... and we aren't exactly free scoring at the minute.

i feel like some dickhead is going to try and be clever and say my maths is wrong so

75% is 15 more than 60% and 15% is one quarter of 60%. Ergo, 75% is a 25% increase on the original 60
Yeah. That's why I said we need to strengthen if we lose him. My point is that a world class GK is not a must to do well. As in, if we were a fantastic team going forward we could get away with just having a good or great goalie. Of course, if we remain average when it comes to scoring goals, then he will be sorely missed. But we reached the quarters of the CL with Gomes. Again, I'm not trying to belittle Lloris, just saying that a team with world class attacking players will achieve more than a team with Lloris in goal and average players in attack.

Yeah. That's why I said we need to strengthen if we lose him. My point is that a world class GK is not a must to do well. As in, if we were a fantastic team going forward we could get away with just having a good or great goalie. Of course, if we remain average when it comes to scoring goals, then he will be sorely missed. But we reached the quarters of the CL with Gomes. Again, I'm not trying to belittle Lloris, just saying that a team with world class attacking players will achieve more than a team with Lloris in goal and average players in attack.
Guess it comes down to your opinion on keepers.
I used to be one so I'm biased but... i think its the most important position on the pitch ;)

Although it will give me a chance to bring glory to my FIFA Manager Career (yes, I know it's not FM, but I'll take it).

Decided to make my life as miserable as possible (I'm Spursy like dat) and have taken the reigns at Wycombe Wanderers.

Mid table at the half way mark!

Although it will give me a chance to bring glory to my FIFA Manager Career (yes, I know it's not FM, but I'll take it).

Decided to make my life as miserable as possible (I'm Spursy like dat) and have taken the reigns at Wycombe Wanderers.

Mid table at the half way mark!
Get used to a managers life of obscurity mid table!

Wikipedia Brown Wikipedia Brown for some reason I think this one is going to be fucking flat out unsavory.

yeah yeah I get that... midterms going on here and no Spurs to help me wallow in my misery. At least we have the NFL here.

Hey, so any of you stumble into the NFL on Regent Street celebration skysports threw last weekend? I always see ads for it when I stream games, as whoever runs vipbox/wiziwig streams Skysport's broadcasts... the english analysts for american football are.. heh. It's an entertaining watch.

oh and, uh.. Huge is the fucking man. (staying on topic). Best keeper in the pl. Swear if we don't get champions league and lose him and verts i'll go fuckin crazy.

Back
Top Bottom