Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Lloris might be the anti-Sandro in terms of value to Spurs TV. He's got the personality of a high school English teacher.

Fortunately his footballing does the talking for him.

I think Lloris might be the anti-Sandro in terms of value to Spurs TV. He's got the personality of a high school English teacher.

Fortunately his footballing does the talking for him.

I think this speaks absolute volumes as to why Deschamps has him captain of France, he hates any potential morale problem, so squad without Nasri and Ribery was ideal for him at world cup.

Hugo will do as he is told and put in a professional performance every week regardless of whats going on, great for a little napoleon control freak like Didier.

ZXsXum3.jpg

No words. If he was as good up front as he is in goal, Real would have bought him for £100 million already. Absolutely incredible performance, both as a keeper and as captain. One of the best players to ever wear the shirt, but that probably won't get recognised because he's a goalkeeper.

Hugo is the best keeper Spurs have had in my lifetime, and when he inevitably leaves for Spain/somewhere better end of this season or next, I'll always wonder why we didn't build an amazing defence around him, rather than an injured Kaboul, passed-it Dawson, amateur Naughton and Rose etc

What could have been!

Hugo is the best keeper Spurs have had in my lifetime, and when he inevitably leaves for Spain/somewhere better end of this season or next, I'll always wonder why we didn't build an amazing defence around him, rather than an injured Kaboul, passed-it Dawson, amateur Naughton and Rose etc

What could have been!
Don't think you're being fair on Kaboul particularly. He's been out for god knows how long, struggled back and is just starting to show signs again of what we all (well me anyway) thought he could be 3 years ago

What could have been!
Can't think of too many players who have played more games than Kaboul this season, no sign of any injury to me and off the back of a MOTM performance where he didn't put a foot wrong. Dawson has left the club. Naughton and Rose are arguably our most improved players this season.
We have bought in Davies and Europa League cup winning Captain Fazio to strengthen defence so I have to say I don't agree with you at all.

Don't think you're being fair on Kaboul particularly. He's been out for god knows how long, struggled back and is just starting to show signs again of what we all (well me anyway) thought he could be 3 years ago

It's more that his first couple of seasons with Hugo were plagued by that long term injury and therefore we gave games to Dawson and Gallas.

Can't think of too many players who have played more games than Kaboul this season, no sign of any injury to me and off the back of a MOTM performance where he didn't put a foot wrong. Dawson has left the club. Naughton and Rose are arguably our most improved players this season.
We have bought in Davies and Europa League cup winning Captain Fazio to strengthen defence so I have to say I don't agree with you at all.

Naughton and Rose have improved immeasurably this season, but we've not bought a defender as class as Jan (who knows if Fazio will be this good? I have high hopes) the point was more that we can attract top quality defenders, but aren't.

My point was also that this is Hugo's third season. Things have improved a bit this year, but last night's display just made me feel sorry for him (and loads of drubbings last year).

Back
Top Bottom