Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering this stupid idea opposition fans have come up with the Hugo is incredibly reckless and a liability, he only has 2 yellow cards in 64 PL games.
ive had this recently, talking to (admittedly a gooner) someone about Neuer and they said how incredible he was... i said he's like Lloris on steroids, and this dickhead said Lloris was shit and a liability and gave away loads of penalties last year. And that without him we would have finished 5th. Wanted to slap the cunt.

ive had this recently, talking to (admittedly a gooner) someone about Neuer and they said how incredible he was... i said he's like Lloris on steroids, and this dickhead said Lloris was shit and a liability and gave away loads of penalties last year. And that without him we would have finished 5th. Wanted to slap the cunt.

Most Gooner pricks I know wish they had Lloris. They all blew their loads with that loose bollocks on Sky about him leaving for them.

I just love this guy sooooooooooo much!
Never sell him, Levy ... Never!!!

Just realized, Downing was on the penalty spot while Hugo was still on his line. 3 steps later he's out of his box and right on Downing making the save. That is just some ridiculous keeping there.

u09pSiq.jpg

holy shit, i just found out who LORIS is..
slow_loris_1.jpg

first thing what came to my mind was that now its clear why hugo is such an awesome golie.
:paulinhobored:
PS ! yes i am ashamed

Hugo Lloris says defeats by Liverpool last season destroyed Tottenham Hotspur’s confidence – but he feels the attitude under new head coach Mauricio Pochettino will put things right this time.
Liverpool won 5-0 at White Hart Lane last December, which resulted in Andre Villas-Boas being sacked as Tottenham manager.
Even though Tim Sherwood took charge of the side, things did not get any better when the two teams met against at Anfield in March as Liverpool cruised to a 4-0 win.
Lloris says it took a long while for the players to get over the two defeats and claims it damaged their chances of finishing in the top four.
Pochettino left Southampton to take charge at Tottenham this summer, changing the mood in the Spurs dressing room, and the France captain says every player has been given a new way of playing, including himself.

Lloris is confident his Tottenham side can maintain their unbeaten start to the season and show they can be a match for all the big teams.
Lloris said: “Last season [the big defeats] broke our confidence. When you lose once it can happen but when you lose against top teams twice, three times, four times it means there is something wrong in our side, so this is why we are working to find the best solution and to always improve as a team.
“We changed a lot of things. We have a new manager, with his own staff. We believe in his concept and his philosophy, and we are working every day to go in his way and to play as a team.
“I am more involved in the build-up. I will touch a lot of the ball with my feet. This is important to be involved for my team-mates on the pitch, for there to be movement and I try to find the best solution, the best pass. We know that from the goal kick we try to keep the ball on the floor, and to not kick a long ball for the opponent.”

Despite the encouraging start to the season, Lloris feels things can get even better for the north London club as the foreign stars will adapt even more to their new surroundings and show why the club spent over £100 million on new signings last summer to make them challenge for major silverware.
Lloris added: “We know it is never easy when you have a lot of new players in the squad for them to adapt. You need time. There is a different profile when you are from another country or continent to adapt to another culture with a new football because in England it is maybe a bit different to other countries.
“In your professional life you have to adapt. Maybe it is easier for European players or those who are used to playing in the Premier League. The players need to learn quick and be available for the team and try to do their best for the team.”

I have noticed recently that quite a few people have been complaining about how Lloris is poor at kicking the ball, and I also just heard a bit of the same on the recent podcast.

Funny enough, I just now stumbled upon this:
(It's data from the month of August)

Capture.png

IIRC most his kicks against Pool were accurate, but they put the player they landed to under lots of pressure. But I'm not angry at that tbh, we're learning to pass from the back these things are bound to happen at the start.

Its also because he is extremely left footed. Goalies dont practice working on their worse foot so much, probably due to the old days when you could just pick it up rather than have to hoof it. On his left under pressure he is ok (although not so good v Liverpool tbh) but his right is bad. Hugo is so left footed that he cannot take anything on his right, so shifts it to his left as much as he can even when the right would be "easier". Its a fault, but a minor one considering how good he is at all the other facets that make up a great goalie.

He went through a spell last year when his kicking in open play was ghastly, probably his only big downfall is his distribution under pressure, not that it's an big aspect of keeping, but a couple of grass cutters can really put the team under pressure as we saw last Sunday. That said his distribution in his previous two matched was great, probably testament to the amount of pressure Liverpool put on him.

Back
Top Bottom