Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's more that his first couple of seasons with Hugo were plagued by that long term injury and therefore we gave games to Dawson and Gallas.

Naughton and Rose have improved immeasurably this season, but we've not bought a defender as class as Jan (who knows if Fazio will be this good? I have high hopes) the point was more that we can attract top quality defenders, but aren't.

My point was also that this is Hugo's third season. Things have improved a bit this year, but last night's display just made me feel sorry for him (and loads of drubbings last year).
Don't look back mate. This season we have strengthened our defence and those who didn't perform last year have improved this year. I also forgot to add in my previous post we have also brought Dier. So with the exception of Vlad our defence is better/getting better.

When our keeper has a blinder can't see how you fell sorry for him. I am clapping my hands in joy.

It's more that his first couple of seasons with Hugo were plagued by that long term injury and therefore we gave games to Dawson and Gallas.

Naughton and Rose have improved immeasurably this season, but we've not bought a defender as class as Jan (who knows if Fazio will be this good? I have high hopes) the point was more that we can attract top quality defenders, but aren't.

My point was also that this is Hugo's third season. Things have improved a bit this year, but last night's display just made me feel sorry for him (and loads of drubbings last year).
Gallas went before Hugo arrived surely?

totally agree with you on feeling sorry for Hugo! Seems like a nice chap too (for a French)

Don't look back mate. This season we have strengthened our defence and those who didn't perform last year have improved this year. I also forgot to add in my previous post we have also brought Dier. So with the exception of Vlad our defence is better/getting better.

When our keeper has a blinder can't see how you fell sorry for him. I am clapping my hands in joy.

Dier is a prospect, as is Davies. Fazio could well be good, and Kaboul has had one good game this season (hopefully it's a turning point). He had a blinder most weeks, but were it not for him, Besikitas could have strolled that game, he got very little protection from those in front of him.

Gallas went before Hugo arrived surely?

totally agree with you on feeling sorry for Hugo! Seems like a nice chap too (for a French)

Nah AVB made Gallas captain (!) he was partly responsible for us exiting Europa league that year.

Just thinking about keepers we've had before, and how many other clubs Lloris would walk into; it's an opportunity to make a super rock solid defence.

Dier is a prospect, as is Davies. Fazio could well be good, and Kaboul has had one good game this season (hopefully it's a turning point). He had a blinder most weeks, but were it not for him, Besikitas could have strolled that game, he got very little protection from those in front of him.

Nah AVB made Gallas captain (!) he was partly responsible for us exiting Europa league that year.

Just thinking about keepers we've had before, and how many other clubs Lloris would walk into; it's an opportunity to make a super rock solid defence.
TBF we've tried, but we just got the wrong blokes it seems to me.

Anyway, i remain confident of our (my) first choice lineup

Lloris
Walker, Kaboul, Verts, Rose

and i am also confident that Dier will be good (although only seen him at RB so far not at his supposedly preferred CB), Naughton is fine at backing up RB, Davies fine backing up LB and Fazio i still have no real idea. wins in the air, beyond that i dunno.

I think it will be okay.

Vlad needs to go.

Besikitas only just missed out to the Scum for CL so they are no novices. We will play our top side I reckon next time and make Ba eat bull shit>

Why would he have to be 'good up front' - he's a goalkeeper

:goonermong:
You absolute fucking retard. You've had a mare.

I'm saying if he was as good as a striker as he is as a goalkeeper, he would be being hailed as one of the best in the world.
Sorry, i'll include a little retard explanation at the end of all my posts in future.

Besikitas only just missed out to the Scum for CL so they are no novices. We will play our top side I reckon next time and make Ba eat bull shit>
The wider point for me is I think we need to be playing stronger sides in this comp. Not necessarily first XI, but 10 changes isn't going to get the job done. Besikitas away will be a lot harder.

You absolute fucking retard. You've had a mare.

I'm saying if he was as good as a striker as he is as a goalkeeper, he would be being hailed as one of the best in the world.
Sorry, i'll include a little retard explanation at the end of all my posts in future.
Idiotic comment - they can still pay 100m for him as a keeper. Because that's what he is. A brilliant goalkeeper.

LLORIS IS PREMIER LEAGUE’S BEST

If there was one better goalkeeping performance on Thursday night than Enyeama’s, it came at White Hart Lane - but Hugo Lloris, too, was denied victory when Vlad Chiriches’ error gifted Besiktas a penalty which Demba Ba slotted home to secure a 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.

It is difficult to argue Manuel Neuer is not currently the best in the world in his position but few, if any, boast Lloris’ reflexes. The Spurs captain for the night may be smaller in size than the likes of Neuer and Thibaut Courtois but has managed to put that to his advantage rather than allow it to hold him back.

Even more remarkable is that he is playing this well behind such an unsettled defence. Federico Fazio and Chiriches started here but Younes Kaboul and Jan Vertonghen are also in the equation and Mauricio Pochettino, like many of his predecessors, still seems to be working out exactly who features in his best defence and overall XI.

Really ... Hugo has been having a great season.
If it wasn't for our unsettled defense, Lloris is pretty much at times, single-handily giving us points, let alone clean sheets. Idk, this all has a bit uncanny similarity to Bale's final season here. Hopefully, at the end of the season Lloris earns something else in addition to his personal plaudits, so that he continues being our number 1.

Last edited:
Strikers are not the only players who can command a top fee. Well, may except on your FM '13 save.

:townhmm:
Name 5 goalkeepers that have been sold for more than £20 million you fucking retard. And when you give up with that, why dont you fuck off with Gibbs and crawl under a rock and talk shit till you both starve to death.

Name 5 goalkeepers that have been sold for more than £20 million you fucking retard. And when you give up with that, why dont you fuck off with Gibbs and crawl under a rock and talk shit till you both starve to death.
Have you been drinking, mate? Dole paid out on a Friday?

Transfer fees are relative to position - if Hugo was sold tomorrow I'm 150% sure he would command the Top 3 fee paid for a keeper ever.

So Lloris is having a super year and if we do not big another class player in January and have a strong yr then it would be very hard to hold Hugo next summer.

So just out of interest say we sell get a good fee towards £15-20mill who who be the next top keeper we could buy for around £7-12mill as sure Levy would want cash extra to deal with loss exits for Soldado, Chiriches, Paulinho.
Begcovic, Krul, Marshall ?

So Lloris is having a super year and if we do not big another class player in January and have a strong yr then it would be very hard to hold Hugo next summer.

So just out of interest say we sell get a good fee towards £15-20mill who who be the next top keeper we could buy for around £7-12mill as sure Levy would want cash extra to deal with loss exits for Soldado, Chiriches, Paulinho.
Begcovic, Krul, Marshall ?
As much as losing Lloris would suck big time, there's plenty of examples of great teams with not so great goalies. It would be much easier to replace him than Modric, Bale, VdV etc. Pool got 2nd last year with Mignolet (lol) between the sticks. Krul and Begovic are both good shouts imo.

Back
Top Bottom