Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's nothing strange about it all. Hugo is better than Brad, and should have been playing far sooner than he did. Incompetence by AVB, that was an early signal of what was to come (along with the Daws fiasco) - Two massive mistakes that almost certainly cost us CL.

Fair dos mate. I just don't get how playing friedel in those games cost is the CL, but anyway, doesn't matter now I suppose

There's nothing strange about it all. Hugo is better than Brad, and should have been playing far sooner than he did. Incompetence by AVB, that was an early signal of what was to come (along with the Daws fiasco) - Two massive mistakes that almost certainly cost us CL.
Dawson may have slowed down and lost it, but I would't call his selection a fiasco.

Time to retire now grandad, make way for the young ones.

Fair dos mate. I just don't get how playing friedel in those games cost is the CL, but anyway, doesn't matter now I suppose
Fair dos as well. Go and check the games that Hugo missed, also the games that Daws misssed and how we got significantly better when those two were regulars.

It's also a matter of the French captain being made a substitute and all that season the media continually reminding him of the doubts as to whether he was first choice. Badly handled.

Fair dos as well. Go and check the games that Hugo missed, also the games that Daws misssed and how we got significantly better when those two were regulars.

It's also a matter of the French captain being made a substitute and all that season the media continually reminding him of the doubts as to whether he was first choice. Badly handled.
Yeah we get it you crackpot old fool, you don't like how AVB treated Lloris. Move on it was 2 years ago. :dembele:

And I'm glad AVB didn't turn into a media monkey. Why should he bow down to the opinions of some scummy journalists who all seem to think they know best?

And I'm glad AVB didn't turn into a media monkey. Why should he bow down to the opinions of some scummy journalists who all seem to think they know best?
Fair enough, but in this case the journos were right and he was wrong. A lot of people later came to the same opinion, including the Spurs hierarchy as they realised AVB's management skills were lacking in certain key areas. AVB did a lot of good things for us, his handling of the Lloris and Daws situs wasn't amongst them.

Fair enough, but in this case the journos were right and he was wrong. A lot of people later came to the same opinion, including the Spurs hierarchy as they realised AVB's management skills were lacking in certain key areas. AVB did a lot of good things for us, his handling of the Lloris and Daws situs wasn't amongst them.
There's no point in arguing further about the Lloris one as almost every possible point has been made in this thread already.
What issue with Dawson are you talking about though? Because I remember he looked at Dawson then supposedly thought he wasn't fast enough for the high line so he asked for a replacement. Dawson refused to go, but AVB gave him a chance anyway and he earned his place back in the team. Sure making him captain just before deciding to sell him was odd but I don't see how it had any huge negative effect.

There's no point in arguing further about the Lloris one as almost every possible point has been made in this thread already.
What issue with Dawson are you talking about though? Because I remember he looked at Dawson then supposedly thought he wasn't fast enough for the high line so he asked for a replacement. Dawson refused to go, but AVB gave him a chance anyway and he earned his place back in the team. Sure making him captain just before deciding to sell him was odd but I don't see how it had any huge negative effect.
Not playing Daws early on that season, cost us vital points. Our ppg went up significantly when Daws was reinstated. That season we effectively lost our CL chance at the start of the season.

Back
Top Bottom