Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FIXED!

An injury to our main stroker is NEVER a good thing... unless you support someone else!
Being dropped may have been an option, but to be fair, this place would've gone into meltdown if Poch had've started Janssen ahead of Kane in ANY other game apart from the League Cup!
Indeed. I understand that. I suppose I'm trying to communicate my thoughts that this might not be a bad thing. Vincent, who I think is a good player, gets his chance while Kane gets some time away from the pitch (he has not looked his best since before the summer).

Indeed. I understand that. I suppose I'm trying to communicate my thoughts that this might not be a bad thing. Vincent, who I think is a good player, gets his chance while Kane gets some time away from the pitch (he has not looked his best since before the summer).
I think you'll be changing your name to @SausageVincentJanssen before the month is out!

I think he was at risk of being dropped. Or, rotated for Vincent for an easier game where the press may have sought to perceive it as Kane being dropped.

This present scenario may work out well for us in the end. We blood Vincent while Kane recovers and ultimately returns reinvigorated. It will also mean Vincent is a more potent rotation choice in the second half of the season, assuming he performs in the coming weeks.
Sometime these things happen which force change, lets hope for the best so I guess I agree. I didn't feel Kane was close to being replaced if anything he was starting to show some form. it will be interesting to see how the other players react because Kane was so dominant up front he almost dictated the play.

Last edited:
I will admit that before Sunday, I thought that Harry was looking a shadow of himself, and a rest would have benefitted him and us (a pretend injury would have been diplomatic). However, he looked a lot more 'with it' against Sunderland and there's no getting away from it - we are definitely stronger with him than without him. Hope Vince can hold the line in his absence.

Kane has been pretty durable for the last 24 months, in which time he has become our talisman, our striker and a leader. We couldn't rely on the fact that we could go another 12, 24, 36 months without him getting fatigued or injured eventually. He's played a lot of football. The whole point of us screaming about buying another striker was in the event of Kane being rotated or injured. Unfortunately that time is now. There is nothing we can do to get Kane back other than hope he recovers well and quickly, but we don't want to rush him back and he breaks down again. Vincent was brought for this exact situation happening and he's shown, minus the goals so far, that he could well be the player to do that job.

The days of us being a one man team, have gone and we have an excellent squad of young players who are more than able to chip in with goals from elsewhere. Son is coming into form and could well be a better goal return than Chadli. Dele is looking like he is also returning to some form as well. With Eriksen and Lamela getting their groove we'll be a scary prospect for our opponents.

Jesus Christ
QWWZh.jpg

Yes my Son?

Interesting...

Injuries are never good. Looking at that it's hard not to argue that Harry needed to be rested. 71 consecutive PL matches started and by far the most distance covered by a striker.

I think you're a funny bunch. This time last year, when he was having a slow start, many of you had your knickers all in a twist that he was no good. This year, when he's the golden boot winner, England default centre forward under 2 different (albeit bloody useless) managers, best striker we've had in yonks, and some of you think it's a good thing he's injured! I like a good laugh but be real.

The only good angle I see is that we have a great balanced side and can get goals from anyone. Maybe even Jansen ;-)
get well soon son

Interesting...

Injuries are never good. Looking at that it's hard not to argue that Harry needed to be rested. 71 consecutive PL matches started and by far the most distance covered by a striker.

Can someone tell me how a person so knakered still runs further than most on the pitch? I need to be educated on these imposible biological feats. The person that can unlock such a fernominon no doubt can tell us how Jesus really fed the masses & where Lord Luccan is hold up.

Back
Top Bottom