Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane's injury is a good thing for us at the moment.

It gives Vincent an opportunity just as he has settled into the squad. Kane gets the rest he needs and will come into form in the new year as things heat up for us. Kane may have scored against Sunderland but he has been off the boil for a while. He gets a break without the drama of being dropped.

It gives Vincent an opportunity just as he has settled into the squad. Kane gets the rest he needs and will come into form in the new year as things heat up for us. Kane may have scored against Sunderland but he has been off the boil for a while. He gets a break without the drama of being dropped.
Its not a good thing...it can never be a good thing....its very stupid to think losing our best player and main goal threat is
ever a good thing no matrer how long hes out for.

Yes add to fact even if Janssen stays fit we have no idea if he can do the business yet. Not saying he won't but we honestly haven't a clue at this point.

Same could be said when we were reliant on Adebayor/Soldado and very green Harry Kane as back up during Pochettino's first season. We've got to give Janssen a chance to see how quickly he can settle and adapt to being the main striker for us.

We have goals from all over the pitch, for the past 2 seasons ONLY Spurs and Citeh have had 4 players who have scored double figures! Take away ALL of Kane's league goals last year and we would still finish 3rd! That stat on it's own tells you we would not have been fucked if he was injured last year and this year having strengthened even more in offensive positions we are in an even more positive place. None of that however detracts Kane's influence on the team, he is a talisman and will be missed but he is not our best player (IMO that is Debelle).

I'm just pulling away from the press narrative that we are fucked. No, we are not fucked if Janssen plays like I have seen him, we will be just as good. Janssen doesn't have to be top goal scorer either, he just needs to put in a shift up front, by holding the ball up bringing "others" into play, those "others" are goal scorers (Son, Sissoku, Alli, Erikssen & Lamela, not even including the likes of Dier, Toby who are good for 5 goals each per season).

Opportunities will be created and scored.

Last edited:

I guess form this you feel Kane should have been
dropped? I felt Kane was improving each week and would 'come into form' now rather than in the new year as suggested. There is a lot of football to be played from here to the new year and a lot to lose. We need all our players fit and playing. If he was knackered then rest or just get on with it, as he was doing.

Last edited:

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

I guess form this you feel Kane should have been
dropped? I felt Kane was improving each week and would 'come into form' now rather than in the new year as suggested. There is a lot of football to be played from here to the new year and a lot to lose. We need all our players fit and playing. If he was knackered then rest or just get on with it, as he was doing.
I think he was at risk of being dropped. Or, rotated for Vincent for an easier game where the press may have sought to perceive it as Kane being dropped.

This present scenario may work out well for us in the end. We blood Vincent while Kane recovers and ultimately returns reinvigorated. It will also mean Vincent is a more potent rotation choice in the second half of the season, assuming he performs in the coming weeks.

Kane's injury is a good thing for us at the moment. US being MY TEAM, Woolwich.... who I have always supported, and am starting to feel that with Kane out, I/we have the chance to gloat a bit longer that "it's happening again!"...

FIXED!

An injury to our main stroker is NEVER a good thing... unless you support someone else!
Being dropped may have been an option, but to be fair, this place would've gone into meltdown if Poch had've started Janssen ahead of Kane in ANY other game apart from the League Cup!

I think he was at risk of being dropped. Or, rotated for Vincent for an easier game where the press may have sought to perceive it as Kane being dropped.

This present scenario may work out well for us in the end. We blood Vincent while Kane recovers and ultimately returns reinvigorated. It will also mean Vincent is a more potent rotation choice in the second half of the season, assuming he performs in the coming weeks.
I get the reasoning for small (potential) positives, but I don't think many would agree with any positive from us losing the leagues top scorer last year for a month or two. We're a stronger team with Kane than without, whatever the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom