Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone tell me how a person so knakered still runs further than most on the pitch? I need to be educated on these imposible biological feats. The person that can unlock such a fernominon no doubt can tell us how Jesus really fed the masses & where Lord Luccan is hold up.

Yes I can.

I think you're a funny bunch. This time last year, when he was having a slow start, many of you had your knickers all in a twist that he was no good. This year, when he's the golden boot winner, England default centre forward under 2 different (albeit bloody useless) managers, best striker we've had in yonks, and some of you think it's a good thing he's injured! I like a good laugh but be real.

The only good angle I see is that we have a great balanced side and can get goals from anyone. Maybe even Jansen ;-)
get well soon son

Kane being injured allows the team to group and develop in ways it otherwise wouldn't. Eriksen getting the Captains arm band tonight, for example. It allows voices in the dressing room to be heard, new ideas to be put forward from people who may otherwise not have the confidence or would simply look at Kane instead. I'd imagine that Janssen will develop far quicker without Kane than with him.

On top of that it allows him to grow, to watch videos, to analyse his own performances, figure out why he's a slow starter and do all sorts of work that will improve his game but isn't physical training, all the while resting his body and perhaps doing upper body gym work.

Having Kane is good. Relying on Kane is bad. And for the past two years that's exactly what we've been doing.

WALOB.....I once turned my ankle over-zealously celebrating a rare Spurs goal at Stamford Bridge, I'd done fuck all 'training' for months
This bloke talks utter shite. For someone so knowledgeable one would think the top clubs are climbing over themselves for his services, oops, he appears to still be unemployed. Not worked in the game since since 2011, tells us all we need to know. He has resulted to clickbate traffic, he is totally irrelevant.

That Dutch bloke is just annoyed that the football of tomorrow is the kind that Poch, Sampaoli, Klopp, Tuchel and the likes practice, whereas his Dutch stuff has been buried along with Van Gaal's last shred of dignity.

Last edited:
If that happens to your ankle, it makes fuck all difference whether its your 100th game in a row or your first for three months. There is the plus side from this injury that he gets a rest, but that does not make it a good thing.

Let's see how this one turns out. In the mean time it will allow Janssen to get a few games under his belt and hopefully a few goals too. It would be lovely to have Harry back for Woolwich..he will be hungry as hell! As it is, I'm not happy about the swelling still being that big, leads me to think it's a bigger spell out (I'm a doctor and deal with this on a daily basis), but it sometimes you get some surprises and Harry as a professional footballer could be among those that get back sooner rather than later!

-------

Harry Kane ankle still too swollen for scan, says Mauricio Pochettino
3723.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino has said he is still unable to assess the extent of Harry Kane’s ankle injury nearly a week after the striker was hurt.

Kane was forced to leave Tottenham Hotspur’s match against Sunderland last Sunday on a stretcher and Pochettino says that only next week will the full extent of the England striker’s injury be known. There was better news for Spurs’ other injury worries, with Eric Dier, Mousa Dembélé and Danny Rose possibly in contention for Saturday’s Premier League fixture at Middlesbrough.

“We don’t know when he will be back,” Pochettino said of Kane. “We need to assess every day. The ankle is still swollen so we need to wait. We will have another scan next week and then we can assess much better. We’ll know how long the recovery will be then.”

The manager was calm in his assessment of Kane’s situation and said the player was too. “We need to be positive, we cannot change the past,” Pochettino said. “Kane got an injury against Sunderland and we need to help him. We need to be positive about his recovery, but he is very positive about his recovery. He’s in a good mood and that’s very important. It’s important to have all the energy focused on being available as soon as possible.”

Dier and Dembélé were also forced off against Sunderland but Pochettino confirmed the news on the midfielders was less serious. “We’ll see today,” he said. “Dier and Dembélé and [long-term injury] Rose are very close to being available. I need to assess them in our final training session today. If not this weekend then Tuesday for the Champions League in Russia.”

Kane’s expected replacement in the Spurs side is Vincent Janssen. A £17m summer signing from AZ Alkmaar, Janssen has so far struggled in front of goal for Spurs but opened his account for the club in the midweek EFL Cup trouncing of Gillingham.

Pochettino believes that goal will give Janssen confidence but was also keen to deflect any pressure from the 22-year-old. “It’s always a team responsibility,” Pochettino said. “He needs to feel free to play, to help the team, to show his real skill. He needs only to play football.

“Yes it’s possible he’ll go [on a goalscoring run],” Pochettino went on. “He needs to feel confidence, to feel the net and it was good for him to score his first official goal. Now he has a great opportunity to start for the team.”

How can a foot be too swollen to scan anyway? Isn't it an X Ray?

No, it's an MRI-scan where you can judge the soft tissue. X-ray are used to see whether there are fractures (bone damage) for instance. In this case they have made an X-ray first and then the first MRI. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make an x-ray first, as it's important to know if something is broken or not. With the swelling still be quite severe it's hard to get a perfect picture, therefore you wait - or make a second scan if you're rich...like Spurs. The first scan would give some answers to potential bigger damage that might be essential to the therapy.

I work as a doctor in an orthopaedic clinic, and it makes sense to do what Spurs have done.

Back
Top Bottom