Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst tempory disabled, Kane qualifies to play in the Disabled Football League so at least he can keep fit. Lucky for Spurs, the GB team have just returned ftom Brazil so no call up there.
In the London & South East Ability Counts League, the Chavs have 2 teams. He could play aoong side JT?

Whilst tempory disabled, Kane qualifies to play in the Disabled Football League so at least he can keep fit. Lucky for Spurs, the GB team have just returned ftom Brazil so no call up there.
In the London & South East Ability Counts League, the Chavs have 2 teams. He could play aoong side JT?

You need to work a bit more on this one!

No problem believing JT plays in the London & South East Ability Cunts League.

Along with Keown, Judas and Drogba!

Harsh on Drogba, I mean yes he was a diving w@*ker who played for class-less scum and scored 'that' penalty but the others are still complete Thunderc**t$ beyond compare.

Twitter

Apparently I'm too dumb to post Twitter posts...Daily Mail reporting Kane is out 2 months with ankle ligament damage.

EDIT: digging further, it's up to 2 months (6-8 weeks), but a second scan is being done, and depending on this results, it could be "as little as 10 days".

Club confident it is not a grade-3 tear, which would be 4 months.

So anywhere from 10-60 days...

Last edited:
The negatives

- Harry has been tired for a long time now and should have been managed better
- He is a complete striker and next to irreplaceable, in terms of what he offers

The positives
- Poch can finally shelve Kane+ Jassen upfront, which clearly does not work
- We can now test Jassen with other players with whom he can build up link up play and likewise. I have a hunch Dele will work well with him.

Fuck off idiot. He's still settling and some selfishness doesn't mean hes been playing like shit.

He needs a lot more time and patience than that.

You need to learn how to support you team you mug.
Fuck off idiot. He's still settling and some selfishness doesn't mean hes been playing like shit.

He needs a lot more time and patience than that.

You need to learn how to support you team you mug.
Supporting my team does not mean I also have to blindly imagine that all our players are brilliant. That would be, to use your compliments above, "mug" or "fucking idiot".
Don't get me wrong. If Jansen turns out to be Ok I'll be happily wrong, but I'm not seeing it so far. We don't need this to turn into a whine about what he can't do, and yes it's early days, but please tell me what he is doing well cause I need a hint to see it.
Get well Harry

I understand looking for positives but this is a huge blow for us no two ways about it. He's our best player, our talisman!

I agree, but he's been pretty awful so far in this season (not including the Sunderland game that I missed). And Spurs still, point wise, have done pretty ok. We'll be fine and Janssen will get chances now. At the end of the season this could be something good.

Last edited:
Supporting my team does not mean I also have to blindly imagine that all our players are brilliant. That would be, to use your compliments above, "mug" or "fucking idiot".
Don't get me wrong. If Jansen turns out to be Ok I'll be happily wrong, but I'm not seeing it so far. We don't need this to turn into a whine about what he can't do, and yes it's early days, but please tell me what he is doing well cause I need a hint to see it.
Get well Harry

Of course it doesn't mean you have to think all our players brilliant, but surely it's obvious that it's much much to early to judge Janssen atm

Get well Harry
Janssen has a high work rate and he does hold the ball up well. Those are the absolute minimum things you would expect though, he needs to show a lot more than that.

We are playing well at the moment but lacking zest.
With Kane out. It could enhance others players performances. We have developed a style of play where Kane spear heads the attack and dominates /shapes the way we play. This will have to change. It could give us a new concept, a change that maybe, as most feel, we need at the moment, it could give us a lift. Janssens enthusiasm to chase the ball down will help. He needs to score goals although Kane hasn't been 100% hitting the net.

The negatives

- Harry has been tired for a long time now and should have been managed better
- He is a complete striker and next to irreplaceable, in terms of what he offers

The positives
- Poch can finally shelve Kane+ Jassen upfront, which clearly does not work
- We can now test Jassen with other players with whom he can build up link up play and likewise. I have a hunch Dele will work well with him.

The way we play is set up for a front man like Janssen. This isn't like buying Soldado who thrives on balls being played into him from players behind, only to have those players playing back to front. I think there is far more to Janssen's game and being young he is able to develop his all round play. Look at what Pochettino has done with Kane, who was originally a bit of useless lump. Poch makes players let's have some faith we can get Janssen firing after a run of starts.

Back
Top Bottom