Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one who read it as Poch saying they're still unsure the time-frame and NOT Kane only being out 3 weeks?

You're correct, but you can take it as less than the 6 weeks. At least it's plausible to think it could be as little as 2-3 weeks!

Let's see how this one turns out. In the mean time it will allow Janssen to get a few games under his belt and hopefully a few goals too. It would be lovely to have Harry back for Woolwich..he will be hungry as hell! As it is, I'm not happy about the swelling still being that big, leads me to think it's a bigger spell out (I'm a doctor and deal with this on a daily basis), but it sometimes you get some surprises and Harry as a professional footballer could be among those that get back sooner rather than later!

I'd guess a hairline fracture of either the proximal bit of a metatarsal, the malleol or another of the bones of the footjoint. Either way he will be out for a bit.

Not if there's a little bastard of a fracture somewhere in there.

Hope they got him eating, sleeping, shitting and wanking in an oxygen tent by now.

A little bastard of a fracture, a bone bruise would not be very good news mate. Either Poch has misunderstood what he has been told or it's really good news.

I'd guess a hairline fracture of either the proximal bit of a metatarsal, the malleol or another of the bones of the footjoint. Either way he will be out for a bit.

It doesn't have to be anything to do with the bones and he'd still be out for a while with ligaments injuries.

Glad it doesn't seem as serious as first thought. Hope we don't rush him back though, the injury is a good reason to get him rested too.

His ankle is about to be very swollen for a few days I reckon. Not a bad injury if you don't have previous (like Wilshere).
Your ankle hurts like a fucking cunt, and it's a bloody nightmare getting around, even getting to sleep.
But he won't be away too long, they'll have him straight to the locker room for some RICE treatment and he'll be gone for maybe two weeks at most.

However, I'm no doctor, so this is just speculation.

Like Pochettino, I'm no doctor. But I could probably be one.

Glad it doesn't seem as serious as first thought. Hope we don't rush him back though, the injury is a good reason to get him rested too.
Poch won't rush him back. It's not his way. He eases players back into the fray gently. I'd expect to see him on the subs bench before he reclaims his starting spot tbh

Good news?? injury not as bad as first thought, although he is still injured. Janssen is good enough to lead the line so no need to rush him back. Thinking about Kane and the liking to Sheringham and wanting to play his role.. IMO, Janssen would be better at it.

WALOB.....I once turned my ankle over-zealously celebrating a rare Spurs goal at Stamford Bridge, I'd done fuck all 'training' for months
Of course it is mate.
Twisting your ankle in a challenge is the only absence he has had and it was not a symptom of the training regime.
What an utter cunt.
Explain the lack of time Dembele has spent on the injury table since Poch took over, or indeed the lack of injuries to the squad as a whole.

Explain the lack of time Dembele has spent on the injury table since Poch took over, or indeed the lack of injuries to the squad as a whole.
Absolutely. Since Poch took over our squad has roundly been the healthiest and most fit in the league, rather than the opposite. Possibly we've seen signs of tired legs at certain points, but not recurring injuries. Bentaleb aside, players such as Dembele have been the fittest and healthiest in their entire career.

If he's only out for a month, then I think the enforced rest might actually be of benefit to Kane and Spurs. It's a long old campaign, and he looked tired already in these opening matches (the lad's not really had a break for the past two years). This is now time for him to recuperate without the politics of Poch sending him on holiday (as Rodgers did with Sterling, to positive effect).

Kane comes across as the type of player who wants to play so much that he'd run himself into the ground sooner than admitting he's fatigued.
Obviously exercise is involved with the rehab for his ankle, but this breather could end up being a very good thing come May.

If he's only out for a month, then I think the enforced rest might actually be of benefit to Kane and Spurs. It's a long old campaign, and he looked tired already in these opening matches (the lad's not really had a break for the past two years). This is now time for him to recuperate without the politics of Poch sending him on holiday (as Rodgers did with Sterling, to positive effect).

Kane comes across as the type of player who wants to play so much that he'd run himself into the ground sooner than admitting he's fatigued.
Obviously exercise is involved with the rehab for his ankle, but this breather could end up being a very good thing come May.
That is very much how the media will have "us" believe it. Despite statistically his running stats were still the highest in the league, that's the same stats that they use to show that Spurs are the fittest team in the league.

He could have been just out of form, a fairly common occurrence amongst young players.

That is very much how the media will have "us" believe it. Despite statistically his running stats were still the highest in the league, that's the same stats that they use to show that Spurs are the fittest team in the league.

He could have been just out of form, a fairly common occurrence amongst young players.
I don't doubt he was still running a lot, but you can do that at a slower speed/being tired.

It's a good point though - because the way Kane plays for us requires so much energy that an uninterrupted run of 71 PL games is probably going to be a bit knackering.

Back
Top Bottom