Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've had 24 hours to reflect on yesterday's performance.

Out fought and outplayed.

Fulham wanted it much more than we did and our play was sloppy and borderline useless.

Seen the game some more and there are large passages of play where we're just standing there, constantly losing the ball because our players were waiting for the ball to get to them, meanwhile the Fulham players were actually breaking their necks to get to every ball and intercepting our passes time and time again..

It's baffling why we just weren't up for it yesterday. Kulu got in to the box quite a few times only just to lose it, but he didn't seem angry he lost it, just looked like 'hey ho got in the box, did my bit' followed by a slow jog back to position.

I hope Ange read the riot act and forced them all in today for extra training. So many coasters yesterday.

Pretty accurate summing up

Especially Kulu

Shouldn’t start next game but neither should Johnson especially on the left

Funny how no one ever said this during the start of the season or going into a Champions League Final.

This is our first bad game - as in dire from start to finish - of the season. It's the first we failed to score. It's mid March. It's not the owner's mentality that needs to change.
It’s definitely not the first bad game. The loss vs Brighton was awful, although we had a makeshift defence and they were allowed to kick us, both Wolves games were pretty crap too. They saw us coming.

The pattern is poor first halves and followed by ramped up pressure late in the second, it shows spirit, but makes me think that the team isn’t as prepared as they need to be going into the match to start.

Now that I’m done melting from yesterday’s match, the season isn’t over, and the team is preforming way better than expected . 4th is still possible, just no more garbage first halves please.

GI5nQx8XYAAuKm2

This is definitely complacency and a lack of leadership, someone there needs to be pulling players into positions.

Last edited:
I think Sarr was poor today but he has enough credit in the bank. Don’t remember another game in which he was poor this season.

Biss, on the other hand, hasn’t been good since Luton. Bents or Hoj must start in his place next match.

And please but please can you bench Kulu! Go with Son, Richy, BJ next game
Werner over BJ has he is a bit more physical and will look to take on his man and cross it.

Pretty accurate summing up

Especially Kulu

Shouldn’t start next game but neither should Johnson especially on the left

Aside from yesterday, Johnson has had the biggest affect on the team over the past four games.

Hasn't he scored two in four, and assisted two.

Drop Kulu stick Werner on the left (he's scored two in three? ) and Johnson on the right

...and the other annoying thing is, we seem to save our defeats for weekends with amazing other games in, that I simply can't properly enjoy!

Some of the FA Cup games this weekend were magnificent (aside from the actual Chelsea result, it had plenty of excitement) yet I feel like we're going the wrong way up a one way street, with everyone else LOVING football this weekend!!!

...didn't we lose at home to Wolves the same weekend there were a record number if goals scored in the Premier League?
That woulda made a cracking MOTD, but I genuinely couldn't bring myself to watch it!

The only plus I guess, is more people will be talking about the Wolves/Coventry and Man Utd/Liverpool games tomorrow and maybe give our result a swerve!!

...and the other annoying thing is, we seem to save our defeats for weekends with amazing other games in, that I simply can't properly enjoy!

Some of the FA Cup games this weekend were magnificent (aside from the actual Chelsea result, it had plenty of excitement) yet I feel like we're going the wrong way up a one way street, with everyone else LOVING football this weekend!!!

...didn't we lose at home to Wolves the same weekend there were a record number if goals scored in the Premier League?
That woulda made a cracking MOTD, but I genuinely couldn't bring myself to watch it!

The only plus I guess, is more people will be talking about the Wolves/Coventry and Man Utd/Liverpool games tomorrow and maybe give our result a swerve!!
LOL
I can't remember when there was such a great set of FA Cup QF games.
Actually I think they restored my love of football after the Fulham game.

This result and the lack of any form of tactical response is entirely on the manager. Where he deserves praise when he gets things right, he also deserves criticism when he shits the bed. Like today. Today he hasn't just shit the bed, he shat on the floor, his shoes and in the wife's handbag too.

The first thing out of his mouth post match better be an apology for that shambles of a performance.
Don’t think he did

Now the massive disappointment of the result has had time to sink in I really did not think the scoreline 3-0 reflected the match. It was not a surprise that we conceded the first goal and did not score in the first half as this has happened far too many times recently and we cannot expect to keep coming back to win. The first half was not dissimilar to recent first half’s but we did have chances that should have been converted. We then conceded when we were getting on top. The 2nd half was NOT like previous 2nd half’s and we conceded a 2nd but after that apart from the Werner miss we just were not at it.
However we should have scored 1/2 goals and a narrower score line would not have raised so much anguish.
Clearly a poor result but it has been coming for some time. I am not convinced about this high line defence which is high risk and relies on us scoring more than the opposition. On days like yesterday when they do not take the chances then we will come unstuck. Without a high quality striker like Kane we will have similar set backs. However it should not have been a 3 goal defeat based on procession and number of shots.
when we sold Kane I did not expect us to have a good season and whether we get 4th, 5thor 6th it is not a good season with no Europe and dismal early exits in the cups.
we do seem to be recruiting better players and need a top quality goal scorer in the summer.

Fulham deserves the win because their players have shown more desire today. Credit to them.
Is t it the managers job to instill and make sure the players have the desire and right mind set? If we can all see the first half performances are want why cannot Ange and hook some of those players.

Aside from yesterday, Johnson has had the biggest affect on the team over the past four games.

Hasn't he scored two in four, and assisted two.

Drop Kulu stick Werner on the left (he's scored two in three? ) and Johnson on the right

You either play Johnson on the right or not at all

I don’t know what you do with Kulu but atm he’s not worth his place

Clearly a poor result but it has been coming for some time. I am not convinced about this high line defence which is high risk and relies on us scoring more than the opposition.

they can use this -but it depends on the opposition.
Ange only have 1 plan/strategy & that's who-we-are.

Not only is it High risk but the backs needs to do more work at a faster rate - hence hammies are regularly tested to the extreme.
* Our backs are faster than your forwards
* Our attackers will score more goals than yours

Evidence= we make average mid table teams like Wolves and Fulham look like World Beaters

Back
Top Bottom