Expectations for the season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we'll be 3rd-5th, with a CL qyater-final exit. Would love 73+ points, 3rd or better and at least the CL semis, but am sure we're not allowed to have nice things.

Worth keeping in mind when thinking about the competition:

It's not just about who you bought, it's who you got rid of.

And Jose has not a great history of coping with dressing room unhappiness.

There's plenty of behind the scenes stuff that we/media don't think about that does affect team performance.

i think anyone thinking we'll win any silverware this year, or even get a European place, is deluding themselves

Our first team is too mentally weak & inexperienced still. Our squad is too thin. Some will point to coming 3rd (should have/ coukd have been 2nd) last season, but our competitors imploded spectacularly & I can't see that happening again - & they've all strengthened considerably, while we've (arguably at that) strengthened very marginally

I don't think we'll progress very far at all in any cups. We might priorities one for the sake of form but can't see beyond a semi final in the FA or League at best, I think we'll be dumped out of the CL after the group stages (is that round of 16?) & I hope we'll make top 6 & qualify for Europa. But that'll be tough ...

Sorry - not blindly optimistic, but that's how I see things at the moment

i think anyone thinking we'll win any silverware this year, or even get a European place, is deluding themselves

Our first team is too mentally weak & inexperienced still. Our squad is too thin. Some will point to coming 3rd (should have/ coukd have been 2nd) last season, but our competitors imploded spectacularly & I can't see that happening again - & they've all strengthened considerably, while we've (arguably at that) strengthened very marginally

I don't think we'll progress very far at all in any cups. We might priorities one for the sake of form but can't see beyond a semi final in the FA or League at best, I think we'll be dumped out of the CL after the group stages (is that round of 16?) & I hope we'll make top 6 & qualify for Europa. But that'll be tough ...

Qualifying for Europe is being delusional? We have been in Europe just about every year lately. Come on now.

Just watching the fights and fouls clip v Chelski last season. I hope we get another crack at them and finish it off with a win and the fights

I'd be disappointed with 6th tbh. We have a better squad than Chelski & Liverpool.
Liverpool have no European distractions so I reckon that will even it out a bit.
chelsea seem pretty solid & I expect them to get 3rd or 4th.

Some big teams get a new manager and splash a lot of money, suddenly we are worthless and have no chance. Those teams need to gel, their managers need to adapt, their singings need to too. They will have tough patches this season, all of them.

Spurs needed no make-over or new manager and is gelled. Deadwood left, specific singings joined such as ST and DM back-up + more options on the wing, including two players with vast PL experience. These singings don't need to be rushed as the core of the team that ended 3rd last season stuck together (experienced++) and can give them the time and space to gel.

I think this could well be another year where we surprise against all the odds due to the 'big' teams and their new managers not being consistent enough to challenge yet. COYS!

The amount of people wanting their cake and eating it is incredible.

A trophy, top 4, quarter final CL etc is ridiculous imo. Ask for a 12" dick and a few million while you're at it.

Poch prioritises. Impossible to do all 3.

I also disagree with anyone "expecting" a trophy. We're nowhere near the point of "Expecting" a trophy every year. Hope we get one? Sure. Expect? We're not united.

Minimum expectations of us to be top 5, achieve a knockout stage finish in the CL and have a decent run in one of the cups (last one is a variable).

Hoping for top 4, quarter final place in CL and to win one of the cups.

Expecting us to finish 5th, knocked out in Round of 16 of CL, knocked out to a mid table EPL side in the FA Cup and lose in the Quarters to Chelsea (or another 'top tier' side) in the League Cup.

Account for yourself.

I expect us to secure European football.

I would like for that European football to be Champion's League, and I would like to finish above Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom