David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
I am a little surprised. I thought Moyes was held in higher esteem around here.
Does everyone think Sherwood is better?

And unless he has a breakdown like AVB I think Moyes will do pretty well at whatever job he lands next.

A doner kebab would be an upgrade on sherwood but i still dont want my club managed by one

It's Political Correctness gone mad.

Any excuse for this old classic:

Santa+claus+suspended+for+ho+comment_6245a4_4114743.jpg

if he can't get results with most of the squad that won the league last season,i can't imagine what he would do with us. if LVG is not an option my first realistic option would be De Boer

KeaneBean KeaneBean they've bought one of the best midfielders in the league and Moyes is completely misusing him. His football does not suit United and he doesn't even know how to use Fellani... His own product!

His pursuit of Baines was, at best, unbecoming, considering he himself had previously said that Baines was worth at least £20m and his pursuit of Fabregas with no other targets (when Barca had very vocally said he was not leaving) was a joke.

He has shown himself to be out of his depth both on and off the pitch for me. Add to that that I could never see the Spurs faithful warming to either his style or personality and it would be an absolute calamity imo.

I don't understand why people want to link us to Moyes.

Has Levy not gone through enough managers. If he'd wanted Moyes at any point he's had enough opportunities to do so.
Moyes spent 10 years at Everton doing nothing. Whatever you think of Levy's managerial decisions he's always had the ambition to try and take the club forward (improve the value of ENIC's asset). Moyes is never a Levy option, moreso given his failings at Manchester United.

6 points from 12 games against the current top 6, his record was just as bad at Everton against the top sides. He's not a winner and never will be.

Sherwood's a better option than Moyes at present which is saying something.

Dafuq? You'd honestly want a no experience clown over a manager who has nearly 15 years experience? That's bonkers.

Im not a Sherwood fan at all but Id rather him than Moyes.

Allardyce MKII at Spurs? No thanks. Sherwood is many things, but he is also an unknown quantity (to a degree). Moyes is an entirely known quantity
  • Negative, niggling, spiteful football
  • "Dont lose" rather than "Go and win"
  • Rubbish in the transfer market when given money
  • Bottles every big game
  • Boring and dour personality
He would be an outright disaster here, winning goonersaurus levels of crowd aggro.

I hope Sherwood goes, genuinely, but if its a choice between the two its Sherwood all the way for me.

Id expect Moyes to rock up at Villa next

Past 10 months of my life have been absolute misery because of this man. I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy (ok I would on liverpool, city and leeds) but certainly not Tottenham. Stay wary, mates.

LOL. But all joking aside, I really think Levy will go for Moyes.

Whats scarier than actually having Moyes, is the thought of having 90% of our fans acting like total cunts from day one.......again.

If he comes...whoever it is, even if TS stays, we all need to take a deep breath, and get behind the manager and team from the start of the season.

It has to be roberto martinez,and should have been him instead of avb at the time.If he could keep a wigan dressing room together through all the relegation battles then he has to be best in leauge for me.we should do everything we can to get him and some of his players.

Moyes is a good manager but he's having a fucking horrendous time at United. I understand the negative football argument when he was at Everton but he has tried to play some stuff (mostly wing play) at United. As for buying poorly 90% of that Everton side are Moyes signings, when he had time he assembled a great squad, maybe his football didn't progress as his squad did though.
He wouldn't be the worst managerial choice in my opinion.
Don't think we would accept him with open arms as a fan base though:sherwoodwtf:

He's not a good manager, he's an average manager. He is overly negative and thinks fellaini is a good player, which he is exactly the opposite.

What? Moyes got Everton to where they are today. Lukaku might get them one spot higher up this season. People are giving Martinez way too much credit.
Indeed. Fact is that Moyes built that squad for the most part and had them consistently challenging for a top six finish for over a decade. Wind the clock back two years and you'll find plenty on here and other Spurs forums declaring him a good candidate who "works wonders with virtually no budget" and "could probably achieve a great deal more if given the cash". It amuses me how it's only taken one season at United to deride him as garbage.

Not that I want him at our club, but I don't think he's quite as bad as people make out. I think one of the problems here is that he lost the dressing room early on, and I think part of that could be down to having to live up to the spectre of inspiration that was Ferguson.

Back
Top Bottom