David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
Not that I see it happening (LvG is a shoe-in for us, right?) but SHOULD Moyes leave Utd and come to us, wouldn't we simply be repeating the 'trick' we pulled with Chelsea's failed manager?? (obviously without the years of experience at Preston and Everton behind him of course!)
I just think Moyes carries himself all wrong... Whilst someone like Mourinho oozes confidence (rightly or wrongly, like him or loathe him) Moyes simply reeks of defeatism and resignation!

That HAS to carry across to the players....

Didn't the club have a look at Moyes after Redknapp and not fancy him? Hard to see him being in a better position now.

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

It has to be roberto martinez,and should have been him instead of avb at the time.If he could keep a wigan dressing room together through all the relegation battles then he has to be best in leauge for me.we should do everything we can to get him and some of his players.

It has to be roberto martinez,and should have been him instead of avb at the time.If he could keep a wigan dressing room together through all the relegation battles then he has to be best in leauge for me.we should do everything we can to get him and some of his players.

I was not in favour of Martinez when we got AVB, on the basis he had no "bigger club" credentials. However I was always a fan and have watched him with interest.

If we pulled him in in the summer Id be quite happy with that, though I suspect its far from likely. He took Everton knowing he would have time and autonomy, I dont see him giving that up yet.

I was not in favour of Martinez when we got AVB, on the basis he had no "bigger club" credentials. However I was always a fan and have watched him with interest.

If we pulled him in in the summer Id be quite happy with that, though I suspect its far from likely. He took Everton knowing he would have time and autonomy, I dont see him giving that up yet.
i guess you have a point,also he is extremely loyal.dont think levy knows much about that.

i guess you have a point,also he is extremely loyal.dont think levy knows much about that.
Turning down Liverpool to take Everton a year late spoke volumes about him IMO.
Showed loyalty to Whelan, and real consideration in what career steps are best for him.

Bit of an odd thing to say. Trendy Levy-Bashing as per norm.

Roberto Martinez's longest job is 4 years - of which he had 176 games and won a whopping 51.. (29% win rate). AVB won just 7 less games in 96 less matches and yet the majority call him a flop.

Redknapp would have had the exact same job length or longer (he was about 4 months short of 4 years) if he'd known a little more about loyalty.

I'd wait for the 2nd season before I judged Martinez, personally.

Fuck me, how things change quickly.

The guy was lorded on here by many people last summer.....how come Levy should give a manger time, but you lot should'nt......

If you liked the work Moyes did for 10 years at Everton, why have you written him off after 3/4 of his first season at Utd?

We all pissed ourselves at Brendan Rodgers too.....

I dont want Moyes, and never have. Didnt like his football at Everton and thought the shoestring budget argument was bollocks. He earned tens of millions from players like Rooney, Arteta, Lescott etc.yet brough in people like Jermain Beckford.

Not that I see it happening (LvG is a shoe-in for us, right?) but SHOULD Moyes leave Utd and come to us, wouldn't we simply be repeating the 'trick' we pulled with Chelsea's failed manager?? (obviously without the years of experience at Preston and Everton behind him of course!)
I just think Moyes carries himself all wrong... Whilst someone like Mourinho oozes confidence (rightly or wrongly, like him or loathe him) Moyes simply reeks of defeatism and resignation!

That HAS to carry across to the players....

he could pull a willian on our ass, use us to get man u interested

viola bidding war, loadsa money :adethumbup:

As far as Moyes goes well he's fell flat on his face at man u hasn't he, I'd steer well clear after his showing there. Martinez would be nice but he's turned jobs down in the past because he doesn't think he'll get enough support/time but then little baldy cunt could make him a dizzying offer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom