David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
Bit of an odd thing to say. Trendy Levy-Bashing as per norm.

Roberto Martinez's longest job is 4 years - of which he had 176 games and won a whopping 51.. (29% win rate). AVB won just 7 less games in 96 less matches and yet the majority call him a flop.

Redknapp would have had the exact same job length or longer (he was about 4 months short of 4 years) if he'd known a little more about loyalty.

I'd wait for the 2nd season before I judged Martinez, personally.

He's inherited a defensively minded team and built on that with his own attack minded approach.

When the Moyes legacy of that team fades it will be interesting to see if that part of their game suffers. Wigan had some truly awful losses, almost to the point of being defensively naive

It has to be roberto martinez,and should have been him instead of avb at the time.If he could keep a wigan dressing room together through all the relegation battles then he has to be best in leauge for me.we should do everything we can to get him and some of his players.
I would welcome Martinez he's a very competent coach with a great personality and love for the game that shows not just in interviews

He's inherited a defensively minded team and built on that with his own attack minded approach.

When the Moyes legacy of that team fades it will be interesting to see if that part of their game suffers. Wigan had some truly awful losses, almost to the point of being defensively naive

I think we'll see that next season. He has quite a few players on loan that they couldn't necessarily afford to buy, so next season may be telling depending on where they finish this year and if they have enough funds (through BK or Sales) to buy anyone decent

Edit: how many goals did our attack minded team put past theirs? more than we've conceded this season, for sure ... 9-1 :p

No. Fuck that.

Hopefully he doesn't become the next SAF or we'll look back at this thread like: :adewtf::paulinhobored::avbshock::harrysmile::vdvcry:
Tbh, I don't think managers can make it at EVERY club they are at. The exceptional ones can succeed at a lot of places they go, but there are still ideal fits for the club. I don't think Moyes would suit us...

Tbh, I don't think managers can make it at EVERY club they are at.

08.jpg

"Take that back"

I thought that was a serious debate?

I'd hope for his sanity it wasn't. Guess we'll never know, as he's still £470 of his £500 target :p

(The same guy is now raising money to dye his hair & beard pink last time I checked his "fundraising" and had raised £0.)

Haven't read the thread but just wanted to say absolutely not. Guy seems to have zero comprehension of the No 10 position and how to build off it. His tactics are obsolete. Very much hoping Moyes is given more time and we snatch up LvG in the summer. He is so perfectly what we need as far as stability and footballing ethos.

Fuck no. Didn't want him 2 years ago, certainly don't want him now. The guy can't even get goals with RVP Rooney and Mata, What the fuck is he going to do to Soldado, Kane and Townsend.
No. Just.. fucking no.

From my ITK sources Moyes was rubber stamped for the Spurs job then AVB turned up and planted a dossier of every Spurs player on Levy' s desk who obviously was hoodwinked into changing his mind to go with AVB. What Levy did not know so my source tells me is that this dossier was compiled from Football Manager! Nuff said.
Back for Moyes? I wouldn't rule it out but he might give a two fingered salute to that.

He is negative all round. "Dont lose" rather than "Win". "Niggle and Foul" rather than "Be better than them". Anti-football of the first order. Not a fan in the slightest

Agreed, much rather keep Sherwood, a naive manager who tries to play attacking football with very mixed results is still better than the backward, slow negative shit that Moyes provides.

Back
Top Bottom