David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
I don't want Moyes but lets not all massively exaggerate, he's not shit, he's a good manager. It's hard to judge how good he is because both United and Everton have made small changes to their squads which are potentially a the main reason behind the changes from league position on last season.

You've also got to bear in mind while United won the title last season there's no way they'd of done so if City, Chelsea and Liverpool were playing like they are this season.

KeaneBean KeaneBean they've bought one of the best midfielders in the league and Moyes is completely misusing him. His football does not suit United and he doesn't even know how to use Fellani... His own product!

His pursuit of Baines was, at best, unbecoming, considering he himself had previously said that Baines was worth at least £20m and his pursuit of Fabregas with no other targets (when Barca had very vocally said he was not leaving) was a joke.

He has shown himself to be out of his depth both on and off the pitch for me. Add to that that I could never see the Spurs faithful warming to either his style or personality and it would be an absolute calamity imo.

I certainly don't think he's useless but not for me. I didn't want him when he was mentioned before the AVB appointment. Done a fair job at Everton on a limited budget but that's not in our job spec IMO. I don't particularly enjoy his style of play either. Quite direct at times although since joining utd seems to be having an identity crisis.

Interesting in that poll that Rodgers was the most preferred, slightly over AVB. I voted for Martinez and Chicco.. Think where we'd be at the moment if we had Martinez (and to a certain extent Rodgers) :adewtf:

Strangely enough, and I hate to say it, but I think people have weirdly voted for Rodgers since, as when I posted that Rodgers had far less votes than AVB.

Bit creepy if people dislike AVB that much...

Dafuq? You'd honestly want a no experience clown over a manager who has nearly 15 years experience? That's bonkers..

Not really, there is experience but there is also ability, can't see Moyes being a good fit at all, Sherwood at least knows the club and plays or tries to play attacking football, I would also be worried mentally how he would be after such a calamity at United

Dafuq? You'd honestly want a no experience clown over a manager who has nearly 15 years experience? That's bonkers.

Im not a Sherwood fan at all but Id rather him than Moyes.

Allardyce MKII at Spurs? No thanks. Sherwood is many things, but he is also an unknown quantity (to a degree). Moyes is an entirely known quantity
  • Negative, niggling, spiteful football
  • "Dont lose" rather than "Go and win"
  • Rubbish in the transfer market when given money
  • Bottles every big game
  • Boring and dour personality
He would be an outright disaster here, winning goonersaurus levels of crowd aggro.

I hope Sherwood goes, genuinely, but if its a choice between the two its Sherwood all the way for me.

Id expect Moyes to rock up at Villa next

Ermm` Hang on....he considered Sherwood
:levyeyes:

Sherwood is just a caretaker, when AVB was let go it was well into the season and it's hard to get a good manager at that point, a lots of clubs just get a caretaker till the end of season, Tim just hoped it was long term. Not done a awful job considering the mess when he came in, might have earned himself a job with some Championship team, more worried about who will be our manager next season than what Tim is doing now.

Im not a Sherwood fan at all but Id rather him than Moyes.

Allardyce MKII at Spurs? No thanks. Sherwood is many things, but he is also an unknown quantity (to a degree). Moyes is an entirely known quantity
  • Negative, niggling, spiteful football
  • "Dont lose" rather than "Go and win"
  • Rubbish in the transfer market when given money
  • Bottles every big game
  • Boring and dour personality
He would be an outright disaster here, winning goonersaurus levels of crowd aggro.

I hope Sherwood goes, genuinely, but if its a choice between the two its Sherwood all the way for me.

Id expect Moyes to rock up at Villa next

I just hope we get De Boer or Van Gaal for the sanity of the fans. Seems every manager we have had in the last few years has divided us. I loved the Redknapp way of football but I can understand why people found him to much as a person, didn't like the AVB style at all found it dull as paint drying but a lot of Spurs fans liked AVB because they wanted a 'system' a project as it were Woolwich style. Don't mind Sherwood in that he offers attacking football but between our pre-madonna players and Levy's constant change of mind his lack of experience is an obvious hinderance, seems like he might be a good manager in 5 years but we can't wait for him to learn his trade while we fall behind our rivals.

I suppose a manager that offer a 'system', attacking football and has the personality and experience to deal with Levy and the players would probably or should at least please most fans. Which I guess is why De Boer and LvG keep coming up.

The rumour mill is gathering pace. SSN claiming he will be sacked from manure within 24 hours. I suspect this follows mathematical failure to qualify for CL. LvG next?

To expand; Moyes was touted when we sacked 'Arry. Thought at the time it would have been a disastrous appointment, but he might have worked out okay for Man U. Reason being, they'r one of the biggest 4 clubs in the world, even Tim Sherwood could attract quality signings there.

Where as at Spurs, we'd be lucky to get into the top 15 clubs in the world, we needed a more continental manager (partly why I backed AVB)

Moyes needs to get his confidence back by dicking teams weekly at Celtic. Not struggling for 5th with us.

Moyes is a good manager but he's having a fucking horrendous time at United. I understand the negative football argument when he was at Everton but he has tried to play some stuff (mostly wing play) at United. As for buying poorly 90% of that Everton side are Moyes signings, when he had time he assembled a great squad, maybe his football didn't progress as his squad did though.
He wouldn't be the worst managerial choice in my opinion.
Don't think we would accept him with open arms as a fan base though:sherwoodwtf:

Moyes is a good manager but he's having a fucking horrendous time at United. I understand the negative football argument when he was at Everton but he has tried to play some stuff (mostly wing play) at United. As for buying poorly 90% of that Everton side are Moyes signings, when he had time he assembled a great squad, maybe his football didn't progress as his squad did though.
He wouldn't be the worst managerial choice in my opinion.
Don't think we would accept him with open arms as a fan base though:sherwoodwtf:

He's not a good manager, he's an average manager. He is overly negative and thinks fellaini is a good player, which he is exactly the opposite.

He's not a good manager, he's an average manager. He is overly negative and thinks fellaini is a good player, which he is exactly the opposite.

I think he's up there with Harry as something of a bottler.

Will get a side close to great things, but won't ever seal the deal and be a 'top' manager. Flirted with great things at Everton with CL qualification places.

Reality is, whilst United are set to get their lowest ever points haul, he's still on target to get his best

Will get a side close to great things, but won't ever seal the deal and be a 'top' manager. Flirted with great things at Everton with CL qualification places.

Reality is, whilst United are set to get their lowest ever points haul, he's still on target to get his best

The thing these two have most in common is their respective obsolete brands of football. They may win some games with players playing an appealing style of ball, but they were still obsolete plans. As such, they were never going to reach the top honors in a league that has changed immensely in recent years.

Martinez is no better, they had the arse on the ropes and gave fourth back to them.

I will take Ancelloti or LVG. Anything else and I am marching.

Martinez is no better, they had the arse on the ropes and gave fourth back to them.

I will take Ancelloti or LVG. Anything else and I am marching.

To be honest, City and Chelsea are just as to blame - they both had Liverpool hung out to dry and still lost against easy-win teams.

The table is just weird this season - it just seems like the PL just forgot to add some of our points on at times as the gap makes no sense!

Back
Top Bottom