David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
I would've actually have liked Mpyes back when Arry left - I think his style would've been a good counterbalance to our squad back then.

However now we've now got a different squad and moreover his stock will be so low that I don't think he'll get the same level of buy-in from players or fans.

That's the spirit, mate

well its happened too many times, we get a manager in, we have all the hope in the world, media coin us as title contenders, fans believe it, then levy doesnt financially back him with the players he wants, meaning he's already got an uphill battle and in the first year if we dont play like brazil 98 and win every single game the fans start to shout for them out and then levy gets sick, then the media shite starts to stir and then he gets sacked and we're once again left in transition. i could bet any amount of money that happens with the next poor sod on the wheel of levy

Martinez is proving that Moyes ain't all dat.

I would perform a dirty protest if we got Moyes in

What? Moyes got Everton to where they are today. Lukaku might get them one spot higher up this season. People are giving Martinez way too much credit.

(Not saying I want Moyes. Might rather have Sherwood if those were the options.)

What? Moyes got Everton to where they are today. Lukaku might get them one spot higher up this season. People are giving Martinez way too much credit.
Indeed. Fact is that Moyes built that squad for the most part and had them consistently challenging for a top six finish for over a decade. Wind the clock back two years and you'll find plenty on here and other Spurs forums declaring him a good candidate who "works wonders with virtually no budget" and "could probably achieve a great deal more if given the cash". It amuses me how it's only taken one season at United to deride him as garbage.

Not that I want him at our club, but I don't think he's quite as bad as people make out. I think one of the problems here is that he lost the dressing room early on, and I think part of that could be down to having to live up to the spectre of inspiration that was Ferguson.

(Not saying I want Moyes. Might rather have Sherwood if those were the options.)

I've not seen Everton play the kind of football Martinez has them playing under Moyes. They now can brush aside teams.

Obviously it's early days but the signs for Martinez are promising . Yup Moyes built that squad but I'd say as it stands Martinez is getting more out of them , they're a very enjoyable team to watch

If Moyes still has the potential to be a genuinely successful Premiership manager, the question is, who is more likely to know it, his most recent employers or Spurs? If Man Utd are not prepared to take the risk, knowing everything they do about him and his methods, I'd rather we didn't either.

In any event, we've had enough problems with managers who've found it difficult to command the respect of players/press/supporters, and David Moyes would be starting from a position of weakness in this regard. No thank you.

If Moyes still has the potential to be a genuinely successful Premiership manager, the question is, who is more likely to know it, his most recent employers or Spurs? If Man Utd are not prepared to take the risk, knowing everything they do about him and his methods, I'd rather we didn't either.
Three letters.....

A

V

B.

I agree, but I think there is a certain amount of "poisoned chalice" about United because of Ferguson's legacy.

Taking Fergie's job was always a dead end, you have to live up to Fergie, the next manager just has to live up to Moyes. Moyes inherited the weakest team Fergie had since he started, only winning the league last year because of RvP's brilliance, Fergie's experience and the weakness of other Prem team (no Liverpool, City had Mancini, Chelsea did not have Mourhino, Woolwich were just Woolwich). When you look at the United team apart from the forward line what players would even we want. Moyes might have fucked up but he didn't have any help with what he was given, not to mention dealing with the ego's in that team free from fergie's control.

Not a religious person but it almost feels like a bizarre pagan ritual this sacking. Moyes brought in to be the sacrificial lamb to exorcise the haunting spirit of Fergie, now Moyes throat has been cut and the blood spilt on the Old Trafford pitch Fergie can final go away and Manchester United can start afresh.

Back
Top Bottom