Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see any reason to drop Rose.

IMHO Davies is better and will prove so eventually, but we need to stop changing the defence around for every game. Rose is on the best form of his LB career, so I don't see any reason to chop for this one.

Also, Liverpools attack are not what they were last season. Good, at times brilliant, but hardly world class.

Since there's a lot of knee jerking today I thought it'd be nice to look at one of the positives of our season so far. Rose has improved rapidly already under Poch's system, looking dangerous bombing forwards, actually putting in some decent crosses and rarely being beaten by his man. I think the lad deserves a good pat on the back and for the people who are upset that he's proved them wrong so far to give him some breathing room.

Since there's a lot of knee jerking today I thought it'd be nice to look at one of the positives of our season so far. Rose has improved rapidly already under Poch's system, looking dangerous bombing forwards, actually putting in some decent crosses and rarely being beaten by his man. I think the lad deserves a good pat on the back and for the people who are upset that he's proved them wrong so far to give him some breathing room.

Would be nice to have that balance with Walker on the other flank. Gives us an awful lot of pace and energy on the overlap. At the moment the right side doesn't offer what Rose does.

Just wanna say, to everyone that slagged off Rose, suck my fucking cock i told you it was just because Sherwood is shit.

(im not saying Rose is amazing or anything, but he's a competent left back...)

Just wanna say, to everyone that slagged off Rose, suck my fucking cock i told you it was just because Sherwood is shit.

(im not saying Rose is amazing or anything, but he's a competent left back...)

You know it was his fault we gave away the corner they scored from right? Turned inside out and Chiriches forced to cover?

Rose had his usual. "Calming" effect on the defender next to him.

Would be nice to have that balance with Walker on the other flank. Gives us an awful lot of pace and energy on the overlap. At the moment the right side doesn't offer what Rose does.

Roses link up play with Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela was fucking awful.

Hospital pass after hospital pass. He did one good cross all game.

Kab had to win a SHITLOAD of headers because there was so much incoming from that side.

You know it was his fault we gave away the corner they scored from right? Turned inside out and Chiriches forced to cover?

Rose had his usual. "Calming" effect on the defender next to him.

iirc sessegnon just hit it and ran and it was a footrace between Rose and Sessegnon and then Chiriches came over and could have easily handled it and instead hit it out for a corner.

It's funny how the Rose deniers come out on a day of our worst performance since west ham last season to praise him.

He threw both his defensive and midfield partners under the bus all game. Terrible team player.

This had to be the worst "I told you so" Rose denial I've seen.

iirc sessegnon just hit it and ran and it was a footrace between Rose and Sessegnon and then Chiriches came over and could have easily handled it and instead hit it out for a corner.

Rose was daydreaming and got turned/beaten.

Chiriches was stretched because as usual, people have to clean up for mr invisible.

If you are gonna blame Rose for pushing forward - then you have to blame the Manager. Poch plays with attacking backs. I do not put Rose at the top of the list of things that failed today.

I just don't rate him. I don't understand why Davies isn't getting a start. If there's one transfer we were all crying out for in the summer it was a left back. Now we're still stuck with Rose. He's average at best at defending and is fucking brutal going forward. Our back 4 is a shambles. I'm not sue what's going on.

Davies was poor against Belgrade, didn't do anything to deserve the start over Danny

Danny's done nothing to deserve a start. I'd pick Davies over Rose in a heartbeat.

One thing was for sure vs Belgrade, our centerbacks were ROCK solid with Davies next to them. The same can't be said for Jan with Rose next to him last season.

Last season EVERY centerback who played next to Rose was a disaster. Vlad, Daws, Kab, Jan etc etc looked like they were going up have nervous breakdowns. Sendings off, hospital passes, non link up and a free pass for opposition wingers to cross all day long.

Last edited:

Irony here is that for most of the match, Chiriches was giving us all heart attacks by trying to 'play' it out.

Back
Top Bottom