Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He played alright yesterday but he can not be any good as he does not have a fancy name and has not played in Ligue1/la liga/serie A or any other leage we have picked up these over rated wankers with no bottle from.....

Danny was the best attacking outlet Spurs had vs Newcastle, and played well, but not outstandingly. He's still a young lad mind. Fucking outrageous that a young full back shines through as the most potent threat going forward, says a lot of the desire of these so called superstars Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli

As you wish gibbs131

The initial poster blamed Jan. I just put forward that Rose out of position and a weak challenge also should have been mentioned.
What you actually said was...
You may want to watch the goal again. They played it into the vast space where Rose was trotting back to fill. It was Rose daydreaming.
No mention of Jan being guilty. All Rose.

You don't allow a 1 on 1 by the way. Your quote is actually a huge no no when it comes to defending. One on one is a very dangerous situation that Rose should have read.
Baffled by this, again wondering whether you watched your own video? Read what? That Dier would sell himself on the halfway line and allow a counter attack? Rose is a wingback, therefore he was upfield whilst play was on the opposite side of the pitch - fairly standard. Dier committed, Capoue covered, Jan failed to mark their lone striker - goal.

Rose's only involvement is that he happened to get back in time to offer a challenge to Perez (though as expected for such a small guy not a very good one) - the challenge that Jan should have been making, not Rose.

How many men would you like marking each player in the box? 2? 3? One on on in an aerial battle is standard, not dangerous.

You missed my "If only Rose can link up like that instead of constant hospital balls to Chadli and Eriksen."
You never responded to the fact that the Rose to Chadli pass was the most successfully completed pass in the game - 16 times that pass was made.

Hospital balls? All in your head mate. Show some proof.

Some other questions you are still yet to answer. We'll do them in a list form to make it simple for you. Try actually answering the questions clearly and concisely, rather than going on the usual tangent of mentioning "beast mode", "tiny dancers" and "wingydingz".

1) Using the picture below - Jan is marking Perez in the buildup to the goal. Scroll forward to the cross coming in - Jan is now 3 or 4 meters from Perez, but not marking anyone at all. Putting your personal feeling on wing backs aside and focussing solely on this attack, it is surely clear Jan should have been marking Perez and has lost his man?
C:\Users\DanM\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

2) In reference to the Perez goal, you said we are "easy we are to rip apart diagonally".

Neither the run by Sissoko or cross by Cabella were diagonal. Your original answer to me questioning this was -

Running up the wing UNCONTESTED due to nobody being there. Wingback vs flat back. Hmmm

My flat back 4 argument is strong.

That Danny rose being way off the pace screen capture is gold. Out of position is a defensive positive?

Nothing to do with diagonal play whatsoever. Try again

3) You said "Jan had 3 players bearing down on him. Rose had ONE to take care of."

Please provide proof. The picture below suggests otherwise.

http://s28.postimg.org/ex2c2xx8d/Jan_Rose.png

4) You said "IF Jan had gone with the player, the guy who crossed it would have had an open shot at goal."

Again, please explain how, using the picture below.

http://s16.postimg.org/potdnmn0l/Jan_Rose_2.png

5) You think Rose is responsible for Sandro being sick on the pitch - "Sandro did so much running to fill gaps he'd puke"

I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion. It seems impossible to link Rose to Sandro being sick. Once was midway through the first half. Surely an athlete should be able to run for 20-25 minutes?

Came to the Rose thread, done as you asked, now I expect some genuine answers to your points Gibbsy boy.

The only players this season who have not been shit are Rose..

Liverpool?

Man City header behind us led to Fazio sending off seconds later. Game over.

He's had one good DEFENSIVE game. QPR. Vs the scum we let almost 50 crosses in to our box. That is not good defending from the byline. He left Kabs and co to do ridiculous amounts of work.

Capoue and Chadli have had a great season. Them not playing great in one game is kneejerk.

People are touting Rose as our best attacker recently when he didnt score with his chances, didnt create an assist but did leave a huge gap behind us to concede the Newcastle winner where he made a weak challenge for the second goal after Jan had missed the cross. Spursy.

Liverpool?

Man City header behind us led to Fazio sending off seconds later. Game over.

He's had one good DEFENSIVE game. QPR. Vs the scum we let almost 50 crosses in to our box. That is not good defending from the byline. He left Kabs and co to do ridiculous amounts of work.

Capoue and Chadli have had a great season. Them not playing great in one game is kneejerk.

People are touting Rose as our best attacker recently when he didnt score with his chances, didnt create an assist but did leave a huge gap behind us to concede the Newcastle winner where he made a weak challenge for the second goal after Jan had missed the cross. Spursy.

Why do you hate Danny Rose?

Do you hate northerners?

Did he finger bang your other half?

Did he fart in is hand and cup it on your nose and mouth?

but did leave a huge gap behind us to concede the Newcastle winner where he made a weak challenge for the second goal after Jan had missed the cross. Spursy.

Not the only thing Jan missed - he missed picking up Perez - the fucking goal scorer, because of his lack of positional awareness, and blatant ball-watching. He is literally running alongside of him. WTF are you on? Try answering Millbanks Millbanks points please.
image.png

The only players this season who have not been shit are Rose, Lloris, Mason and Kane.

Probably not the players you would have thought pre-season bar the sexy frenchman.

SERIOUSLY??? Kane scored an own goal in a vital game and was terrible in goal in Europe the other week - you don't know what you are on about

..........quite fun being a troll, couldn't post this 30 times a day every day though, would be boring

Why do you hate Danny Rose?

Do you hate northerners?

Did he finger bang your other half?

Did he fart in is hand and cup it on your nose and mouth?

I hate Danny Roses defending and attacking, and I think we have better options. Don't add to the shrieking, please keep it football and don't go down the Arcspace neaueating bitchfest road please. Or Millbanks feigning shocked amazement that I said Rose was involved Newcastles winner.

SERIOUSLY??? Kane scored an own goal in a vital game and was terrible in goal in Europe the other week - you don't know what you are on about

..........quite fun being a troll, couldn't post this 30 times a day every day though, would be boring

I was defending Kane against Joe clash weeks ago. He was too slow, and championship level according to Joe Clash. Now he's telling people that they dont watch football if they dont rate him. Weeks passed and now he's ragging people...

It's why I don't respond to him...But there he is. All the time.

Jesus...Now he's posted another pic of Rose. And how waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of position he was for the winning goal. I don't even have to argue my point with my fan club putting up damning pictures of Roses positioning leading to goals.

Not the only thing Jan missed - he missed picking up Perez - the fucking goal scorer, because of his lack of positional awareness, and blatant ball-watching. He is literally running alongside of him. WTF are you on? Try answering Millbanks Millbanks points please.
image.png
Nah he'd rather keep trying to make out Rose was at fault.

He has no answers. There are no answers. He blamed Rose for Soldado's poor link-up play FFS!!

I hadn't looked at it from that angle. He is actually quite shit as well.

I hate Danny Roses defending and attacking, and I think we have better options. Don't add to the shrieking, please keep it football and don't go down the Arcspace neaueating bitchfest road please. Or Millbanks feigning shocked amazement that I said Rose was involved Newcastles winner.

I think our entire back line was involved in Newcastle's winner...

I was defending Kane against Joe clash weeks ago. He was too slow, and championship level according to Joe Clash. Now he's telling people that they dont watch football if they dont rate him. Weeks passed and now he's ragging people...
It's why I don't respond to him...But there he is. All the time.

Gibbs, I'm not berating anyone, I'm saying he deserves a chance. He's starting to prove me wrong and I'm not afraid to admit it. You should try it sometime - it doesn't hurt.

Quite pathetic trying to make this about me. I answered you a few days ago. I stand by that answer.

Back
Top Bottom