Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny's done nothing to deserve a start. I'd pick Davies over Rose in a heartbeat.

One thing was for sure vs Belgrade, our centerbacks were ROCK solid with Davies next to them. The same can't be said for Jan with Rose next to him last season.

Last season EVERY centerback who played next to Rose was a disaster. Vlad, Daws, Kab, Jan etc etc looked like they were going up have nervous breakdowns. Sendings off, hospital passes, non link up and a free pass for opposition wingers to cross all day long.
I disagree

It's funny how the Rose deniers come out on a day of our worst performance since west ham last season to praise him.

He threw both his defensive and midfield partners under the bus all game. Terrible team player.

This had to be the worst "I told you so" Rose denial I've seen.
How exactly did he throw them under the bus? Was it by making the most tackles out of everyone on our team? Was it by putting in the joint most accurate crosses (so not including the one your favourite Ade completely missed)?

Oh wait, I forgot it was because Chiriches put the ball out for a corner which they scored from, you know it's obviously Rose's fault.

Danny's done nothing to deserve a start. I'd pick Davies over Rose in a heartbeat.

One thing was for sure vs Belgrade, our centerbacks were ROCK solid with Davies next to them. The same can't be said for Jan with Rose next to him last season.

Last season EVERY centerback who played next to Rose was a disaster. Vlad, Daws, Kab, Jan etc etc looked like they were going up have nervous breakdowns. Sendings off, hospital passes, non link up and a free pass for opposition wingers to cross all day long.

This is ludicrous logic. No offense to Belegrade but West Brom are most definitely a better side and even then Davies managed to misplace so many passes, 70% accuracy and only 1 from 6 crosses. He was also caught out of position a worrying number of times, though it's understandable given his recent introduction to this system and lack of pace. HOWEVER until he can adapt to this side it's not even a question who should be starting with how well Rose is playing vs how lost Davies looks at times.

Moving onto your point about the partnering center back... You seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to blame their end of season form on Rose but are completely ignoring the fact Rose only played poorly with Eriksen as the only player in front of him. By far the weakest player defensively in our team (other than Ade).

I personally couldn't really care who gets to start between Rose and Davies in the future as long as one of them is good since they both seem like nice people. I do however get annoyed at players getting stick, especially when they are putting in good shifts.

How exactly did he throw them under the bus?

If someone can find a video of Rose being asleep causing Chiriches to cover behind him and mop up for the corner we conceded from, it would be nice.

Post a gif...Anything. That buildup to the corner was Roses fault because HE LOST HIS MAN. There isn't a tackle stat for that because it's one of the intangibles stat humpers cant use.

And I'd much rather Davies was in the mix to defend that corner than Rose.

Also speaking of stat humpers: Roses tackle stats completed are high because managers attack our weak links.

:freund:

I brought up the fact that everyone ignored it...Nobody even mentioned Rose daydreaming. It's part of my charm. So while everyone was patting each other on the back because Rose was not the worst player on the pitch, he still fucked us because of his derp. Probably because he was still thinking about the yellow card he was shown moments before they broke.

We have a problem with concentration: And we got done again with a set piece which led to the corner. Switched off derp needs to be stamped out. And Rose is the worst culprit when it comes to daydreaming.

Last edited:
gibbs131 come on now

Davies has been shit in a few games against poor opposition. the reasons you defend him with (no cover from a winger) can be used x100 for Rose over the last couple seasons who had wingers in front of him who drifted centrally.

Lennon is infamous for tracking back, Davies was not beaten because he was outnumbered, he was beaten because he did not track runs, misjudged balls etc. He was the most dribbled past player last season wasn't he? And Rose is a weak link..

Rose was one of the few players against W'Brom who weren't shite.

gibbs131 come on now

Davies has been shit in a few games against poor opposition. the reasons you defend him with (no cover from a winger) can be used x100 for Rose over the last couple seasons who had wingers in front of him who drifted centrally.

Lennon is infamous for tracking back, Davies was not beaten because he was outnumbered, he was beaten because he did not track runs, misjudged balls etc. He was the most dribbled past player last season wasn't he? And Rose is a weak link..

Lennon did Davies no favors at all. For a senior player to look on when he was getting double and triple teamed was shocking.

Something else worth noting: You said Davies was beaten but he was part of a back 4 that did not concede.

Last edited:

BTW I was just laughing at people pointing out this of all games for praising Rose. Because nobody noticed he was to blame for the corner that ripped our heart out.

My point is, to praise Rose on this performance speaks volumes about the cumbs of comfort they grab when it comes to be proven wrong long term. If this is the "i told you so" thread, then it's a sad state of affairs.

BTW I was just laughing at people pointing out this of all games for praising Rose. Because nobody noticed he was to blame for the corner that ripped our heart out.

My point is, to praise Rose on this performance speaks volumes about the cumbs of comfort they grab when it comes to be proven wrong long term. If this is the "i told you so" thread, then it's a sad state of affairs.
So you're saying that it's Rose's fault that we conceded?

I personally couldn't really care who gets to start between Rose and Davies in the future as long as one of them is good since they both seem like nice people.

Actually you do. Because you called me out in the match thread regarding Roses creativity. Ironically in a game we didnt even look like scoring in bar one good cross all game.

:llorisserious:

So you're saying that it's Rose's fault that we conceded?

Whatever. Watch the build up.

Rose asleep, Chiriches forced to cover HIS wing.

Someone also mentioned Chiriches perhaps could have not played it safe and tapped it to the wing: That is a problem in itself because now we have a box that has one centerback in it because Vlad has been drawn out again to cover for sleepy toes. If that tackle drops to one of their players, they can cross into an uncontested box. It happens ALL the time. Centerbakcs forced to the wings because Rose is glory hunting or ball watching.

I said before this game Poch is to blame. Playing these wingdingz and poor attacking/defending set pieces along with concentration issues is what I blamed for our soft underbelly. So if you want an answer to who I blame, it's not Rose, it's Poch. He was out managed. Before the season started I also said using Rose and Vlad together is asking for trouble. Both are liabilities. Vlad should be a DM and Rose a winger.

Actually you do. Because you called me out in the match thread regarding Roses creativity. Ironically in a game we didnt even look like scoring in bar one good cross all game.

:llorisserious:
Nah, that's a rare told you so moment for me! Frankly though I'd be just as happy if it was Davies putting it in, I just really seriously think on form it's not even close between the two and I must admit it annoys me therefore when people want him switched for Davies (who really has been shite for us so far).

Also I'll try and find their goal, give me a min so we can settle that.

gibbs131
Alright this video at 6:25 http://hoofoot.com/?match=Tottenham_Hotspur_0_-_1_West_Bromwich_2014_09_21

What it shows is everyone in position, a good switched pass and then a brilliant burst of pace. Looking back on I think it's harsh to blame Chiriches actually but it would be equally harsh to blame Rose who was positioned right but beaten by good pace.

Ultimately though conceding a corner should not result in such an easy goal. The blame for that either lies on Lamela (who lost his man) or the organization for giving Lamela something he's clearly not capable of doing.

gibbs131

Ultimately though conceding a corner should not result in such an easy goal. The blame for that either lies on Lamela (who lost his man) or the organization for giving Lamela something he's clearly not capable of doing.
It was not Lamela's man. Lamela & Ade play a 2-man zone at the near and far post. They do not mark a man on corners. Paulinho was marking Morrison and left his man.

They also choose to ignore how his casual tracking back led to liverpools first goal and the fact he was in Downings pocket at west ham FREAKING DOWNING

:goonermong:

Thought Rose took a step back in today's game. He's made massive progress this season, but today he was caught out of position way too much for my liking. Few times I saw him dogging it back too. If you get caught upfield as a fullback, you better bust your ass getting back. We won't see many better attacking sides than City, but there's no excuse for a lack of hustle.

Thought Rose took a step back in today's game. He's made massive progress this season, but today he was caught out of position way too much for my liking. Few times I saw him dogging it back too. If you get caught upfield as a fullback, you better bust your ass getting back. We won't see many better attacking sides than City, but there's no excuse for a lack of hustle.
I wasn't impressed today either. Think he'd formed a partnership with Eriksen and since Eriksen seemed to be given a more free role today he was defending with Chadli and they both seemed to leave each other isolated at times. Also the mistake for their third pen was bad, should of just put it out and I have no idea what he was trying. Our defense does too much of that shit and we need to cut it out.

Back
Top Bottom