Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't want Rose is an understatement. For me Rose was a microcosm of everything wrong with our club. All natural talent with limited mental ability and lacking the character needed to get the most out of his obvious athletic ability. But like I said, IMO Rose has the best cross out of naughton, Lennon, Townsend and naughton sonit was good to see him cross for an assist. But he needs the right players to cross to (not eriksen, Townsend, Defoe, soldado, Lamela, holtby overloading the final third).

Townsend did what he always does, beat people, shoot and not click with players around him. (While being entertaining).

IMO it was the European game that led to the poch penny dropping about overloading the team with too many players like Townsend and Holtby. But that is pure speculation on my part. I think bringing on the calming solid players like Dembele and Chadli vs AEL that have more presence allowed for Lamela to get more of a platform to dictate.

Since then with more beef around him, Lamela had set up 4 goals. It's the platform I've been banging on about.

When it comes to Townsend, I think he needs that platform. But to get it, it means dropping Eriksen or Lamela.

Otherwise we run the risk of being pushovers off the ball like we were the first half hour vs west ham and having nobody strong enough to hold up the ball for give and goes next to a parked bus.
But don't you think the likes of Holtby are at least great options of the bench when our other system isn't working?

But don't you think the likes of Holtby are at least great options of the bench when our other system isn't working?

Only to replace Eriksen or Lamela.

I think he's a defensive liability if played deep.

I think his best work is In the final third with the shackles off. But if you play him with Lennon, Townsend, Lamela. Soldado it will be a cricket score and we wave some of the shittest prem players right past us into our penalty box. (Then start posts about how shit daws, jan and Kaboul are).

Fucking glad he's been playing well. Some of the stuff from our fans was embarrassing and goes to show a lot of people don't know shit about football. He's Spurs, back him.

Yes it's depressing how many people seem to need a scapegoat and struggle to accept that not every player is going to end up either a world beater or a liability. Seems one of the more down to earth and likable players too, such a shame that a few mistakes make him 'crap'

I see enough potential in Rose to think he can be a solid first teamer, probably never be top class but how many will be. He is a good athlete and fairly comfortable on the ball, needs to improve a lot as a defender but the only way to do that is playing games and working with the coaches in training.

Happy for Rose, his hard work has paid off as he has been really good these last two games.. albeit there isn't much competition for him. Dier can bide his time, he deserves it IMO but its good that he can stay grounded and continue developing with us before he gets properly hyped up.

Chambers in, Dier not? Seems odd.

Whilst I agree Dier deserves a look in, Chambers also performed pretty well numerous times for Southampton last season, so I imagine he's been on Hodgson's radar for longer. In fact, I imagine Hodgson knew fuck all about Dier before he signed for Spurs. He'll be making his England debut before this season is out I'm betting though :dier:

Whilst I agree Dier deserves a look in, Chambers also performed pretty well numerous times for Southampton last season, so I imagine he's been on Hodgson's radar for longer. In fact, I imagine Hodgson knew fuck all about Dier before he signed for Spurs. He'll be making his England debut before this season is out I'm betting though :dier:
Chambers is also a year younger, didn't get a look in to the senior squad when at southampton, is only 20 anyway and has probably been the lesser of the two.

Its ALMOST as if the England squad isn't picked on ability alone....

Chambers is also a year younger, didn't get a look in to the senior squad when at southampton, is only 20 anyway and has probably been the lesser of the two.

Its ALMOST as if the England squad isn't picked on ability alone....

Didn't get a look in? He played loads of times for Southampton last season, mostly at RB.

I hope he can handle it. Got to say with hindsight being called up for England didn't workout well for Townsend last year. Fingers crossed
Yeah, I'm a little worried too. Anyone on here can probably testify I've been one of Rose's biggest supporters over the last year but I'm not sure he has the mental strength or tactical nous to make the best of an England call up yet.

Nah mate. Everyone on this forum (pretends to) know about Saints previous seasons and how MS is better than Capoue etc.

Because of reasons.
as it comes out, hes better than anybody ever because..well..he wouldn't but he's linked with us, so he must be shit hot.
:mong:

as it comes out, hes better than anybody ever because..well..he wouldn't but he's linked with us, so he must be shit hot.
:mong:

I sleep with a wrinkled piece of paper with his superior tackling stats from last year written on it. Just in case I forget why he's better than Spurs players.

If I see things like him missing a tackle which led to Liverpools goal recently, I hold the paper in front of my face so it blocks the tv who obviously hasn't seen the figures and acted accordingly.

I sleep with a wrinkled piece of paper with his superior tackling stats from last year written on it. Just in case I forget why he's better than Spurs players.

If I see things like him missing a tackle which led to Liverpools goal recently, I hold the paper in front of my face so it blocks the tv who obviously hasn't seen the figures and acted accordingly.
you reminded me to clean my Shneiderlin shrine.
as recently as yesterday i burnt down my Sandro shrine.
i gots everything, pictures, stats, clay figures. MS's one is bigger than others so he stands in the middle of my toy collection as Sandro, Dembele, Bentaleb, Capoue, Paulinho and Holtby all looking up to him while MS holds Spurs logo in his arms. when i get home from work i sing "oohh when the shneiderlin etc etc". Then this cool aid man jump through my wall and yells "OOOOHH SHNEIDERLIN ONE LOVE YEAH"

also i might have replaced my wallpaper with his stats paper and crafted his massive tackling numbers into my bathroom tiles.

Back
Top Bottom