Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At one point I thought to myself that he looks more toned in the face but overall more imposing.

....and was this you as you were thinking that to yourself????
relaunch-of-gay.png

I'm having this sotta dejavu where Danny owns Sterling/Coutinho next Sunday. The poor lad has taken so much shit from the fans last season and it would be great to see him proving why he deserves a 5 year contract and to start ahead of Davies.

I'm having this sotta dejavu where Danny owns Sterling/Coutinho next Sunday. The poor lad has taken so much shit from the fans last season and it would be great to see him proving why he deserves a 5 year contract and to start ahead of Davies.
That would make me so happy. I'm fucking tired about everybody talking about how great Sterling is. I hope Rose shuts him down and shuts everybody up.

Was happy with his performance yesterday.
One thing I admired were his tackles.
Some of those slides yesterday were very nice.
He don't care who it is, he smashes them.

(No Rose smiley?)

DANNY ROSE: AN APOLOGY

It has come to our attention that your efforts in the left back position for this club last season, were not fully appreciated by the rank and file of this forum. Many informed commentators felt that you were by far the worst left back ever to represent this club, and to further the development of the club, it was imperative that you be sold, kidnapped, given away or worse.

However, in the light of recent performances, we would like to state that the club and its supporters will never again sanction the signing of another left back if it annoys you, and we fully recognise that apart from your being the future of English football, which we admit we were slow to recognise, the only player that might adequately fill your position would be a cross between Roberto Carlos and Gary Bale.

As I write Ben Davies is being 'taken round the back' to be 'persuaded' to be a right back, and that must be good for us all, except probably him and Kyle Naughton. Ha Ha. See, we do have a sense of humour at Spurs.

FORZA DANNY X

Last edited:
Ive slagged him off big time on here but yesterday he was faultless. Hopefully he can keep the consistency going against the better sides!

Loving his aggression. Slide tackles likes it's a video game, sprints and leaps into headers like he means it etc. Seems to have added more strength to supplement his speed.

DANNY ROSE: AN APOLOGY

It has come to our attention that your efforts in the left back position for this club last season, were not fully appreciated by the rank and file of this forum. Many informed commentators felt that you were by far the worst left back ever to represent this club, and to further the development of the club, it was imperative that you be sold, kidnapped, given away or worse.

However, in the light of recent performances, we would like to state that the club and it's supporters will never again sanction the signing of another left back if it annoys you, and we fully recognise that, apart from your being the future of English football, which we admit we were slow to recognise, the only player to adequately fill your position is a cross between Roberto Carlos and Gary Bale. As I write Ben Davies is being 'taken round the back' to be 'persuaded' to be a right back, and that must be good for us all, except probably him and Kyle Naughton. Ha Ha. See, we do have a sense of humour at Spurs.

FORZA DANNY X

:adesalute:

What ever Poch has said or whatever Ben Davies signing has done, Danny Rose is like a new man. Last season he was not tracking back, letting players go even when he was back, whipping in awful crosses, basically Naughton but with a bad attitude. This season up and down like a yo-yo, aggressive and sharp, one of the biggest changes I have ever witnessed in a Spurs player, early days yet but well done Danny.

Loving his aggression. Slide tackles likes it's a video game, sprints and leaps into headers like he means it etc. Seems to have added more strength to supplement his speed.

He was actually using his speed. In the past he seemed a beat behind everything despite being in the top 3 or 4 fastest at the club.

West Ham and QPR were two completely different players. It's the best left back performance I've seen in years. If that is his potential tackle wise then he'll be a beast.

I said before the game that IMO he's not a defender, but a winger. I'm still leaning towards winger because my whole footballing opinion is based on long term trends, but there is no denying those tackles were in a top bracket.

It's that type of tackle (action sliding fierce) that Sandro used to perfect and it's not just a tackle: it intimidates and sucks the will out of players.

One thing I've mentioned about the system I want is the downside is that it is potentially slow. And Rose and Chadli looked much faster than the 2013 versions.

Eriksen and a few others have mentioned how hard our training sessions are. Some will take to that like a duck to water and perhaps we are seeing the early shoots of that intensity.

I'm fucking pumped! The whole Hughton thread back in the day was based on him and our coaches being too nice and not demanding enough in training (and turning a blind eye to the then not so obvious drinking culture we had).

Gross and Ramos by all accounts were ousted by players not happy with the brutal training and diet routines.

I suspect what we have here in poch is an amazing motivator. Perhaps he's struck the right balance and is a good guy to have to keep people buzzing about improving. Not some bald weirdo holding a tube ticket saying "ve must vork harder" like a Russian ballet instructor.

I think everyone had had someone in their past that made brutal rugby, weight lifting sessions or even a maths class more enjoyable. That shit is a golden attribute.

He was actually using his speed. In the past he seemed a beat behind everything despite being in the top 3 or 4 fastest at the club.

West Ham and QPR were two completely different players. It's the best left back performance I've seen in years. If that is his potential tackle wise then he'll be a beast.

I said before the game that IMO he's not a defender, but a winger. I'm still leaning towards winger because my whole footballing opinion is based on long term trends, but there is no denying those tackles were in a top bracket.

It's that type of tackle (action sliding fierce) that Sandro used to perfect and it's not just a tackle: it intimidates and sucks the will out of players.

One thing I've mentioned about the system I want is the downside is that it is potentially slow. And Rose and Chadli looked much faster than the 2013 versions.

Eriksen and a few others have mentioned how hard our training sessions are. Some will take to that like a duck to water and perhaps we are seeing the early shoots of that intensity.

I'm fucking pumped! The whole Hughton thread back in the day was based on him and our coaches being too nice and not demanding enough in training (and turning a blind eye to the then not so obvious drinking culture we had).

Gross and Ramos by all accounts were ousted by players not happy with the brutal training and diet routines.

I suspect what we have here in poch is an amazing motivator. Perhaps he's struck the right balance and is a good guy to have to keep people buzzing about improving. Not some bald weirdo holding a tube ticket saying "ve must vork harder" like a Russian ballet instructor.

I think everyone had had someone in their past that made brutal rugby, weight lifting sessions or even a maths class more enjoyable. That shit is a golden attribute.
tl;dr

You will read every word I post. Do you know how long it's been where I have wanted a team without naughton, Lennon, Townsend and soldado?

The wind, cries, ole Gibbsy.

I'm right behind you. Running my fingers through your hair, hot breath on your neck. Just let it happen.

Next week he could bring back a team with soldado, holtby, Lennon, naughton, Townsend and rose

tumblr_me21xzxraT1ruyz4so2_250.gif

so let me have my week.

No one was a bigger critic of Danny Rose than me last season. He made my eyes hurt game after game.

I'm am thrilled to eat crow because he's been very impressive out there. His crossing still seems to be the weakness in his game. Hopefully he can improve on that. If he does, suddenly we're looking set at LB.

If Danny Rose continues to play like that, Ben Davies will surely be signing of the season
It's not just Rose who looked shit last season but good this season, so it's not necessarily the competition for places, but rather the new manager who clearly is instilling confidence and tactics that make sense to all the players. Wouldn't like to be Davies at the moment.

It's not just Rose who looked shit last season but good this season, so it's not necessarily the competition for places, but rather the new manager who clearly is instilling confidence and tactics that make sense to all the players. Wouldn't like to be Davies at the moment.

If Danny keeps up this style of play, like Sandro it comes with injuries. I think Davies will end up getting as many games as Rose. It's a long season. Hopefully really long because we will be neck deep in cups.

I don't get the Rose plaudits for the spammers game, personally, but yesterday he was class. Long may it continue. Davies' arrival may have the same impact on Rose that Bentley's had on Lennon. I'm not keen on Lennon being in our team now but he did seem a lot better as soon as Bentley came in.

If Danny keeps up this style of play, like Sandro it comes with injuries. I think Davies will end up getting as many games as Rose. It's a long season. Hopefully really long because we will be neck deep in cups.

I see no reason why the team fielded yesterday couldn't win the FA Cup. Hopefully by that point in the season we haven't seen a complete implosion.

You will read every word I post. Do you know how long it's been where I have wanted a team without naughton, Lennon, Townsend and soldado?

The wind, cries, ole Gibbsy.

I'm right behind you. Running my fingers through your hair, hot breath on your neck. Just let it happen.

Next week he could bring back a team with soldado, holtby, Lennon, naughton, Townsend and rose

tumblr_me21xzxraT1ruyz4so2_250.gif

so let me have my week.
Yeah but be honest you didn't want Rose either. As he's proved to you it can be turned around and let me ask, were you impressed with Holtby and Townsend against West Ham?

Yeah but be honest you didn't want Rose either. As he's proved to you it can be turned around and let me ask, were you impressed with Holtby and Townsend against West Ham?

Didn't want Rose is an understatement. For me Rose was a microcosm of everything wrong with our club. All natural talent with limited mental ability and lacking the character needed to get the most out of his obvious athletic ability. But like I said, IMO Rose has the best cross out of naughton, Lennon, Townsend and naughton sonit was good to see him cross for an assist. But he needs the right players to cross to (not eriksen, Townsend, Defoe, soldado, Lamela, holtby overloading the final third).

Townsend did what he always does, beat people, shoot and not click with players around him. (While being entertaining).

IMO it was the European game that led to the poch penny dropping about overloading the team with too many players like Townsend and Holtby. But that is pure speculation on my part. I think bringing on the calming solid players like Dembele and Chadli vs AEL that have more presence allowed for Lamela to get more of a platform to dictate.

Since then with more beef around him, Lamela had set up 4 goals. It's the platform I've been banging on about.

When it comes to Townsend, I think he needs that platform. But to get it, it means dropping Eriksen or Lamela.

Otherwise we run the risk of being pushovers off the ball like we were the first half hour vs west ham and having nobody strong enough to hold up the ball for give and goes next to a parked bus.

Back
Top Bottom