Coventry 1882

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My Dad has been a Spurs fan all of his life and because of him, so have I. Sadly, due to attending Uni and lack of money, I have never been able to attend a match with my Dad until recently.

When we heard there were tickets on general sale for the Maribor home game we jumped at the opportunity and bagged some in the Park Lane upper. The experience was great and seeing Jermain grabbing all three made me so happy for him. But what made me the most happy was seeing the 1882 boys on my right in the corner of the Shelf Side. I was jealous. I needed to be at the next 1882.

As I had bought tickets for the Maribor game, I had > 1 loyalty point which meant I could get a few tickets when the Panithinaikos game when they were on Restricted general sale. Luckily, I bagged tickets in the 1882 block in Park Lane lower for my Dad and I plus a few mates who had never managed to go to WHL either.

We all loved it and I have reignited my Dad's love of going to Spurs again.

So this time, I'm posting here to say that my Dad and I bought memberships just to ensure that we got tickets for this game in block 30.

Looking forward to this so much, especially as it's on a Saturday and I can finally get pissed up in the Bricklayers for the first time ever.

I dunno why I wrote this, except to say that 1882 has been bringing my dad and I together.

Thanks for organising such a great event that has allowed Spurs fans that don't have season tickets to get together and sing at games that don't cost £50.

Hi Dad if you're reading this.

COYS

Hi Son

See ya Saturday.

PS You were adopted :baelol:

My Dad has been a Spurs fan all of his life and because of him, so have I. Sadly, due to attending Uni and lack of money, I have never been able to attend a match with my Dad until recently.

When we heard there were tickets on general sale for the Maribor home game we jumped at the opportunity and bagged some in the Park Lane upper. The experience was great and seeing Jermain grabbing all three made me so happy for him. But what made me the most happy was seeing the 1882 boys on my right in the corner of the Shelf Side. I was jealous. I needed to be at the next 1882.

As I had bought tickets for the Maribor game, I had > 1 loyalty point which meant I could get a few tickets when the Panithinaikos game when they were on Restricted general sale. Luckily, I bagged tickets in the 1882 block in Park Lane lower for my Dad and I plus a few mates who had never managed to go to WHL either.

We all loved it and I have reignited my Dad's love of going to Spurs again.

So this time, I'm posting here to say that my Dad and I bought memberships just to ensure that we got tickets for this game in block 30.

Looking forward to this so much, especially as it's on a Saturday and I can finally get pissed up in the Bricklayers for the first time ever.

I dunno why I wrote this, except to say that 1882 has been bringing my dad and I together.

Thanks for organising such a great event that has allowed Spurs fans that don't have season tickets to get together and sing at games that don't cost £50.

Hi Dad if you're reading this.

COYS

Alright here it goes, after weeks upon weeks of perving on this forum i thought i'd finally sign up and introduce myself to you lads. Like a few of you on here i am the only yid ( not racist) from my circle of mates which is a bit shitty when it comes to match days. I've found myself on here due to the 1882 movement and after weeks of spying on you lads:adeninja:. ( was their for maribor in south lower and took the misses to pana in shitty east upper) i finally have the golden ticket :adegrin2: coventry - block 30 -row 23 - 187 !!!

cant bloody wait to loose my voice .

mnhu1.gif

Just based on yesterday, I think stretching it over three blocks will flatten the atmosphere. Just being in park lane flattened the atmosphere a bit tbh.

There were a couple of moaners next to me who didn't understand why we were singing various chants which weren't like the norm. They do make me laugh though.... The same goes for the Bricklayers with the guys who sing on that elevated area inside. All they seem to sing about is Wenger being a Peado, Van Persie or something else to do with the scum! Oh and Judas Campbell. Give it up guys!!! Sing about Spurs FFS!!! I hate the scum as much as anyone else but it's all a bit boring concentrating on them every time! Oh and John Terry... he has nothing Ledley so let's sing about Ledley and not that mug

1882 wise, we had lots of fun. I think we were a couple of rows behind Flav and Thelonious as I got a face full of confetti at kick off and thought I noticed you guys singing loud and proud.
Lots of good new chants as well. The BAE is brilliant!

Couldn't agree more, it's like you read my mind!
...which is precisely why I'll keep plugging away with my God Save The KING song! Not a mention of Terry or Campbell anywhere in that little number!

Oh, and re: confetti, has anyone got any pics of it all going up? I'd like to think my handiwork, not to mention an hour of my life on Friday snipping the fucking stuff up is captured somewhere for posterity! Which is precisely where I hid it all.... right up my posterity! I've been shitting confetti for 2 days, who knew you could get it that far up? Sorry if it hit anyone in the face!!!!

Had a moment of genius/madness for an 1882 chant to get going to give us some European flair when watching this video:

Ohhhhhhhhh Tottenham Hotspur
We are the greatest
We are the beeeeeeeeeeessst

We're the team in Lilywhite with the Cockerel on our crest
Woolwich and West Ham you can fuck off with the rest

Ooohhhhhhh Tottenham Hotspur

REPEAT AD INFINITUM

Whose with me? :dude:

Open to adaption (something about stabbing gooners in the chest??) :nawty:

Oh before I forget, can we have a bit of long long over due S*l Cuntbell abuse at Coventry game. That cunt should be buried with Tottenham hatred ringing in his ears. He's slipped under the radar, needs revival.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! Thank you; I hate that cunt.

Someone mentioned AVB to Let it Be. Whispers words of wisdom, AVB....

I will get behind that.

Let's get something I saw @8colespur8 post going.

To Nicola Berti:

My name is Moussa Dembele
I'm better than Pele
I come from a town in Belgium - Antwerp!!
When I walk down the street, all the people I meet
say hey Moussa, what's your name?

Really hope Disco Benny plays.:bae:

Saying that, Cheltenham last year sold out too...?
Think every time we've played Cov since '87 it's near enough been a sell out - home and away, cups and league. After all they are the only team to beat us in an FA cup final.

Coventry have gone all out for this one and got an '87 style kit made, fucking banners the lot!

I just wanna destroy them, ruin their away day and sing it in their faces on the train back home. I want to see their kids fucking crying!!! :sneaky:

Was good fun as ever...although I think this was a step too far, too soon for 1882.

Reckon we should go back to smaller profile games for the time being and continue to grow.

Think if it's starting to wind other Spurs fans up a bit, it's counter productive too.

Charlton away was still one of the best nights I've ever had as a Spurs fan.

Mainly because I met WindyCOYS WindyCOYS for the first time though...

I think you lot did well on Saturday. I have an ST in the Paxton; from up there I couldn't always hear you but I could tell something was going on down there for most of the game. A shame it didn't spread to more of the ground, Paxton was quiet as usual although better than for the Reading game. Second half was quieter but not a surprise really as neither team was really going for it, both seemed to be happy enough for the game to end 3-0.

I think from a noise perspective, it was a shame that you lot weren't next to the Spurs fans who were in the Park Lane where the away fans normally are. Obviously they are the other vocal group in the stadium and if you weren't separated by the away fans it would have been more noisy all round. But I think it would have been less fun for you lot, as you wouldn't have been able to have the banter with the away fans.

Those comments from the Coventry fans alone show that 1882 is worthwhile, it's great to see away fans saying something good about the atmosphere at WHL.

Back
Top Bottom